News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Invite (registration through invitation)

Started by Sarke, March 03, 2007, 02:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christicehurst

Quote from: Sarke on March 06, 2007, 04:24:22 AM
Quote from: christicehurst on March 05, 2007, 10:54:18 PM
Great idea, poor install...

Maybe another mod was "poorly installed"?

You'll have to install those two files manually.  This will help: http://server.daniel15.com/smf/package.php

Well this is going to be fun...
www.brisbanelionsunited.com - A forum for everyone!

3mrhythm

so when a member invites a friend.. they get a credit?

is that how it works?
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

Sarke

1.08 released.

Quote from: Stirred on March 06, 2007, 06:19:10 PM
I just installed 1.07 and these are the errors that it shows me sometimes:

Quote8: Undefined variable: txt
Ficheiro: */Sources/Invite.php
Linha: 187

8: Undefined variable: user_profile
Ficheiro: */Sources/Invite.php
Linha: 144

I hope it helped.

Thanks, this is now fixed.

My MODs          Please don't PM me for support, post in the appropriate topic.

3mrhythm

i think i would like the users to get points for successfully inviting people.. not need credits to invite people ...
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

Sarke

Quote from: mrbear on March 06, 2007, 07:06:52 PM
i think its just me but i cant seem to find the
"Features and Options" -> "Invite", and "Manage Permissions".

I can't see the "Invite" thingy. I installed 1.07.

That's in the admin panel.  The direct links are:

index.php?action=featuresettings;sa=invite
index.php?action=permissions

The first one might not show up if you're using something other than english as your language. 

The "Invite" button in the menu will only show up on the default theme, so you'll have to edit index.template.php manually if you want it to show up on another theme.

Sarke

Quote from: 3mrhythm on March 06, 2007, 10:19:20 PM
so when a member invites a friend.. they get a credit?

is that how it works?

User's get credits every X number of days (set by the admin), or it can be set to unlimited.

Quote from: 3mrhythm on March 06, 2007, 11:42:53 PM
i think i would like the users to get points for successfully inviting people.. not need credits to invite people ...

You can just set the credits to unlimited, and you can view a list of the members invited by the user.  I'll probably expand on this though; maybe add a "Number of users invited" to the profile summary... Thanks.

EDIT:  To add a bit more about this, I think it's very important to be able to set limits on how many invitations members can send.  If you're using this to only allowed invited people to register you don't want members handing out invitations to strangers.  If there's a limit they'll think more about who they invite.

If you're just using it as a "Tell a Friend" sort of thing, then just set it to unlimited as I mentioned.

3mrhythm

yeah more of  like a tell a friend sort of thing . i Run a paintball forum and am always fishing for new members on myspace and through other networks.. it would be nice to be able to have a points system where if my members get like 100 people to sign up i can see that they have 100 credits and get like a free tee shirt or something  .. just for a while to get my exposure up there :)
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

3mrhythm

thanks btw im excited to use this once i  feel it will suit my needs :)  
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

Harro

Great mod.
Gonna see if it's something I can use on my forum!
Thanks for it!

MinasC

is it automatically sending an email to invitees with the registration link now ??? (1.0.7 i mean) is it totally stable now (bugs fixed) ???

Stirred

Sarke thanks for the update. I just installed without problems. And nothing shows up on Error Report.

If something appears to me later I'll come to report. =)

Well done!! It's one of the best Mods for SMF.
- eighteen seconds before sunrise -

Sarke

Quote from: MinasC on March 07, 2007, 06:03:13 AM
is it automatically sending an email to invitees with the registration link now ??? (1.0.7 i mean) is it totally stable now (bugs fixed) ???

You have the option to send an email with the link, but you have to enter the email address and name of course.  As of 1.08, all the bugs I know of are fixed.

And thanks for the feedback guys! :D

MinasC

hey , we should be thanking you for that great mod !!!

MinasC

wow , i just tried to uninstall 1.03 and it returned 2 "test failed" errors : in "ManagePermissions.php" and in "Modifications.english.php" !!! even if i try to install 1.08 anyway (wouldn't do it , just wanted to see what happens) it returns an installation error : Test failed in "index.template.php" and in "Profile.template.php" , which is because i have 1.03 installed !!!

This package is already installed, and no upgrade was found!

You should uninstall the old version first to avoid problems, or ask the author to create an upgrade from your old version.

Please remember to always make regular backups of your sources and database before installing mods, especially beta versions.

why can't i uninstall 1.03 ? what should i do ?

thnx !!!

Sarke

It sounds like something has modified the same area of the code after you install 1.03 (probably another mod installed after).  Reversing these changes will allow you to uninstall 1.03 and install 1.08.

MinasC

how do i reverse them ? i have many mods installed !!!

Sarke

Uninstall the mods that also modifies ManagePermissions.php that you installed after Invite 1.03, then 1.03 should uninstall correctly.

Another option would be to uninstall 1.03 manually (this one is probably less work if there are many mods involved).  Uninstall it even though it gives you errors, and then remove the code manually from those files that gave errors.

If ManagePermissions.php and Modifications.english.php are the only ones that failed, here's how you do it.

In ManagePermissions.php, remove the following rows:

'invitees_any',

'invite',
'invitees_own',

'invite' => array(
'invite' => false,
'invitees' => true,
),

'invite',

In Modifications.english.php, remove the following rows and all rows in between:

// Invite MOD.
$txt['invite_title'] = 'Invite';

to

$txt['registration_invite_expired'] = 'Sorry, the invite key has expired.';

RoarinRow

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Sarke

Quote from: RoarinRow on March 07, 2007, 04:36:06 PM
Thanks for the update!   8)

No problem.  Everything should work like expected now.  Until the next few features are added of course. :P

Sarke

New update, 1.09.  Basically I just moved the invitees list to the same page as the members list is (so it all looks neat and integrated), and I added a total in the profile page (for those keeping score :P).

I tested this one a bit more than usual (considering the changes I made) and I didn't find any errors, so hopefully it's all clean and good to go.

Oh, and some new screenshots.

Advertisement: