News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Ad Revenue Sharing Mod (Official Beta Testing Thread)

Started by karlbenson, March 04, 2007, 01:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Darkman

I get this error while installing :-

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Code    install.php    
2.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
3.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArsAds.php    
4.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArsTla.php    
5.    Extract File    ./Sources/ManageArs.php    
6.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ManageArs.template.php    
7.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ManageArs.english.php    

Clever Tutorials - One place for all of them . . .
SMF Theme Works

karlbenson

.Darkman

SMF Theme Works

Daniel15

.Darkman, are you using PHP 5.2.0 or higher (you may check this on a phpinfo page)? This is a known problem with PHP 5.2.0 and 5.2.1, and a fix is currently being developed.
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

.Darkman

I am running PHP 5.2.0
How long would it take for the fix ? This is really a good mod. I love it.

SMF Theme Works

findallinone

After entering text-link-ads ref id (5 digit number),whenever google ads are not available,this message (Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.) is coming instead of displaying ads.Why? http://forums.findallinone.com/index.php

karlbenson

i think thats a problem at google and not with the mod.

nitins60

Quote from: karlbenson on March 19, 2007, 03:04:16 PM
yes, however what I'm concerned about is that

a) ads are set to show at the top of the forum - contains adverts for Company A

b) ads are set to show at the bottom of the forum - contains adverts for Company B

How can my mod know if its ok to show company A's ads on the same page as company B's.  Especially since I don't know what in it.

i didn't get you! Suppose, if id 1 user placed custom ads as per his html/php code! Now another user id 2 user did the same thing with different html/php adcode of same company (assume). Still id 1 can't see his own ads, id 2 can't see his own ads. What's the point of knowing from same company or different company! If you are supposed to show different users ads in same page, still thier internal codes are different, doesn't matter from same company or different company! Right!

My starting point has always been to make sure that two different ID/programs can never be shown at the same time.  (and preventing the admin from ever doing it accidentally aswell)

so call ad code from the only 1user per page. Then how can ads of two users will be displayed! If he is not available, call board ads!

karlbenson

I've drawn up plans (on paper) to allow the admin to add custom ads in a new section for editing/adding board ads.

sorry I probably wasnt clear.

I didnt mean two users.  I mean't in relation to board ads.
What I'm seeking to prevent is if the admin places ads

Google Ads in the the box for custom ads in the header

Yahoo Ads in the box for custom ads in the footer.

With both set on.  It would contravene Both ad programmes policy.

My task is to prevent the admin (even accidentally) doing that.

Basically my point is, I wouldn't know what code (from whatever companies) is being used.
So i could only allow the admin to have either the header ads or the footer ads on at any one time to ensure that they are not breaching any ad programme tos's

Hope that clears it up.

GPGrieco

Am definitly getting this when the final version is relesed. Is there any way of making some of the user's profits go to the owner of the site? So say a user makes $100.00, the admin would get $5.00.

.Darkman

Quote from: GPGrieco on March 22, 2007, 04:19:41 PM
Am definitly getting this when the final version is relesed. Is there any way of making some of the user's profits go to the owner of the site? So say a user makes $100.00, the admin would get $5.00.
If a user makes $100, you'd make definitely more than that.

SMF Theme Works

nitins60

Quote from: karlbenson on March 22, 2007, 02:48:38 PM
I've drawn up plans (on paper) to allow the admin to add custom ads in a new section for editing/adding board ads.

sorry I probably wasnt clear.

I didnt mean two users.  I mean't in relation to board ads.
What I'm seeking to prevent is if the admin places ads

Google Ads in the the box for custom ads in the header

Yahoo Ads in the box for custom ads in the footer.

With both set on.  It would contravene Both ad programmes policy.

My task is to prevent the admin (even accidentally) doing that.

Basically my point is, I wouldn't know what code (from whatever companies) is being used.
So i could only allow the admin to have either the header ads or the footer ads on at any one time to ensure that they are not breaching any ad programme tos's

Hope that clears it up.

atleast custom code place for Admin will be the most desirable option! When board ads are called, don't call other users ads! We already have percentage of showing! So don't have to bother about any other things! :)

karlbenson

Quote from: GPGrieco on March 22, 2007, 04:19:41 PM
All the profits/earnings aspect is dealt with my Google/Yahoo etc.
If you want a slice, in the new version i'm working on you can ask them to donate.

You can earn directly simply from your share. If you show users ads 50% of the time, you potentially will warn from the other 50% if you have registered with Google.

karlbenson

Quote from: nitins60 on March 22, 2007, 11:15:37 PM
atleast custom code place for Admin will be the most desirable option! When board ads are called, don't call other users ads! We already have percentage of showing! So don't have to bother about any other things! :)
Again, I wasnt referring to the users ads.  Users ads are never called if board ads are shown, and vice versa.

What I was saying, is the ADMIN may be registered with both Google and Yahoo.

nitins60

Quote from: karlbenson on March 23, 2007, 02:34:08 PM
Quote from: nitins60 on March 22, 2007, 11:15:37 PM
Again, I wasnt referring to the users ads.  Users ads are never called if board ads are shown, and vice versa.

What I was saying, is the ADMIN may be registered with both Google and Yahoo.
it's quite easy for admin! He must know the terms before signing up @adcompanies! So endup admin(boardads) by calling any one code(yahoo/Google/Custom Code). But he is also a normal member, where he can use his profile to use yahoo/google codes, instead of using boards for them

edwardsiow

anyone has test in real-life?

i am interested in this mod also....

good idea.....

karlbenson

edwardsiow

karlbenson, do we have options to turn on or turn off the placement of ads on top and bottom of the page?

karlbenson

yes you can turn on/off about 6 placements at the moment.

I plan to add another 6 at least.

findallinone

Quote from: karlbenson on March 18, 2007, 01:35:47 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates.

My internet has been down now for 10 days. The engineer is coming monday.  I'm not holding up much hope.

Anyway.  I can't do much PHP offline since I can test it.  However I have produced a long to do list. And making some changes to it.

Re Manual Edits, I intend to do them, its just the code is changing.  At the next version I should have them done.
I'll also try to make it install on the Classic and Babylon themes by default.

For other skins I'm thinking of doing some add-on mods to install on loads of different skins.  Again theres no point doing them just yet as my code is changing, and the theme authors are no doubt tweaking there themes aswell.

Re adverts in posts.  In this beta, I had a set list of the features I wanted to include and so I decided just to add the advert below the first post.  However I've got on my list to enable you to show ads in multiple posts and on specific boards.  Following your request for multiple ad units, I'm going to have to rework alot of the code.

Anyways, fingers crossed I can finally work on this mod later next week once my internet is back online.

If different codes work in different themes,write different codes,give choice to forum's admin to select correct code(suitable to theme) for displaying ads in all places. http://www.findallinone.com/forums/

Advertisement: