SMF Ad Revenue Sharing Mod (Official Beta Testing Thread)

Started by karlbenson, March 04, 2007, 01:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlbenson

I think I've settled on having the main installer which installs on the three default skins

Then having an additional add-on to install on any smf skin. (eg ones from tiny portal or from the mod section)
And then having the manual edits written out for manual adding to any custom theme (eg ones you make)

I just wanted to make clear here, the status of this mod is that I'm working on making fundamental mental changes.  My todo list currently stands at 50+ things, some which may take quite a while, alot of re-writing and re-working.

Once I've finished ALL of them, I will post a new beta.

edwardsiow

hi,

i love this mod very much... can i know is this method against the rules of google ads?

because a lot of ID accounts displaying in the same site....

.Darkman

Clever Tutorials - One place for all of them . . .
SMF Theme Works

karlbenson

Quote from: edwardsiow on March 29, 2007, 11:00:54 AM
hi,

i love this mod very much... can i know is this method against the rules of google ads?

because a lot of ID accounts displaying in the same site....

Google ALLOW ad revenue sharing.

They do not allow however clickfraud/encouraging users to click ads etc.

Also note that although many different Google Adsense ID's are shown on one site.  They NEVER EVER appear on the SAME PAGE at the SAME TIME.

I would suggest however that if you are still in doubt, feel free to drop Google an email.

edwardsiow

gjhough

Hi Karl

I have been reading this quite interesting thread and would like to give you a boost for the day.

You have been working on something many people can use to get their sites profitable and I just wanted to tell you to keep going.

You are doing a great "job".    :)

While you are on your coffee break I have a suggestion to run by you.

I recently purchased a script that I can set to show (adsense) ads a limited number of times to a viewer.  It is not very clearly defined for the user and I thought of making a video of it sometime when I've figured out how to use it properly.

Anyhow, what I meant to say was that I figured it would be a first (I think) if you could enable your mod (or another new mod) to check for clicks so that any viewer (per IP) have say 1 or 2 clicks a day or so to keep one's site free from click-bombing.

Now take something for the headache you suddenly have, make a note of this idea and get back to work - we all are watching your every move like a bunch of autocratic managers.

So coffee break is over...

:)

karlbenson

I've seen the click monitors around.
AFAIK, they are not perfect and alot of time miss tonnes of clicks.
And since its javascript.  Its very difficult to make it work cross browser.

However I'll add it to my list of features to investigate.

Hey, great work on the Mod. Cant wait for your final release!

Good Idea. I thought of an Adsense Clicktracker implementation too. Basicaly to prevent clickfraud.
Take a look at Adlogger [nofollow]. Simmilar like this or just an option to Use the Adlogger script togeter with your mod :)

I would suggest to integrate the Amazon Affiliate Programm in the Mod too. It is useble for a large range of forums (Sports, electronics, books,..). There are the Amazon Self optimising Links which would do a great job. Its not PPC but the conversation is good :)

Hope to see Amazon in the final Mod

Cheers

Just naother thought:

What do you think about a referral system. A user referal system. Member <A> can use a little form with their custom text to recommend this forum to a friend <B> by email. This email includes a (refferal) link with the User ID from Member <A>. If friend <B> now signs up to the forum, the Ads from referrer Member <A> will be displayed 5% in friend  <b>s Posts.
So if <B> has an Adsense ID set up too and his ads are shown for example 50% in his threads, <A> gets 5% from the other 50% and the rest 45% get admin. ;)

What do you guys think?!

Best Regards

karlbenson

to be honest a referral system is probably best done as a separate mod due to the amount of work involved.  Once there is a separate mod I can add stuff to it like this.

In the new version I'm working on.  the people who have replied in the topic also get a slice (much less), but still an incentive to post. (with 3 settings, every post counts, or 1 post per topic or x amount per topic count.)

Its going to take a while to reach final release.

kenlapz

Good Job Karl

:)

I still waiting your final Ads Rev. Sharing Modul

Thanks A lots

findallinone

Quote from: 911 on March 31, 2007, 07:03:28 PM
Just naother thought:

What do you think about a referral system. A user referal system. Member <A> can use a little form with their custom text to recommend this forum to a friend <B> by email. This email includes a (refferal) link with the User ID from Member <A>. If friend <B> now signs up to the forum, the Ads from referrer Member <A> will be displayed 5% in friend  <b>s Posts.
So if <B> has an Adsense ID set up too and his ads are shown for example 50% in his threads, <A> gets 5% from the other 50% and the rest 45% get admin. ;)

What do you guys think?!

Best Regards

Your idea is good,but it is better to display 5% ads for 6months or 1 year like that.After that time period admin's ads[no 5%] will be displayed.

findallinone

it is better to give some empty place in this mode to show other ads[permission is given to the forum's admin only to show other ads in the forum] like ad managemant mode.other ads means not google adsense ads,yahoo API ads,textlinkads.if you give permission to the admin to show other ads with clear instructions,no problem to ad revenue sharing mode.i would like to display other ads in my forum http://www.findallinone.com/forums/ .How?   

nibb

Hi Karl, i think this mod is the best made. I really was looking for a pay per post or answer or some kind of pay mod for users, this is it !!! This is the one, i feel it. I tried to donate a something but the paypal link doesnt work. This mod is great. I just installed. I have installed it on a non english SMF.

I dont have the default themes but i change from the admin and ads show ok, i will see how to integrate it into my current theme. Like i said i installed it on a non lenguage temaplate, i modified the mod myself for this and it was very easy, i only get 1 error. What i did was on Dreamweaver look for the references to English files and change it to the lenguage i use. I als renamed the english file to my lenguage. The admin works perfect as far as i tested, even ads shows, the only proble i have is that at the end user profile when he clicks on the Ad Revenue Sharing link i get a error that i it could not load adrevenuesharing, i will see what it conflicts.

My suggestions go here, let user to show his banner to his reply, if someone posted a topic the first person to reply or the one that most replies has preferences to show there his ads, this would be faiur to user that posted more on a topic, like a pay per answer. If someone can guide me how to fix the little error and how to integrate into a non default theme it would be great. It just has to be codes that i have to put right? I only need 1 banner to show its more then enought for me.

GPGrieco

First I want to say that you have been doing a great job on this mod. I was wondering, when you come out with a new version (or the final), would I be able to upgrade without losing any of the members info (IDs)? Just wondering. I want to enable it, but I don't want any of my members to have to constintly re-submit their data. (Not that its a big deal, but you know how lazy people can be, and how they can be if you take the lazyness away from them!)
Thanks

Can't wait for the final relese

Edit: Where do you put the text strings for help file. Not the ones in the admin pannel, the ones on the help page.

karlbenson

sorry, my internet is down at the moment again.
Grabbing a few moments online at work where I can.

No user information will be lost.

Settings should also be saved.

GPGrieco

Where do you put the text strings for help file? Not the ones in the admin pannel, the ones on the help page.

karlbenson

QueenTiye

I'm trying to follow along with the thread, but I'm not clear on if this mod does what I want, so I figure I'll just describe and see what you guys say!

What I want to do is recruit contributors to the site who contribute specific content and therefore get a share of the revenue generated by the ads.  It would be ideal if they got more if their own content generated more traffic but at minumum I want those who are designated content contributors to get a big share of the revenue. 

Separately, I want a SECOND mod to share revenues with members outside of the adsense system - that is - I don't want them to have to be adsense members to share.  Maybe like a cash credit system that allows them to buy stuff in the long term, or download to paypal in the short term. 

QT

QT

Advertisement: