News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Ad Revenue Sharing Mod (Official Beta Testing Thread)

Started by karlbenson, March 04, 2007, 01:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niteblade

affiliate blog

Niteblade

affiliate blog

asdrhyme

Hi,

I love this mod but when i install it gives me this error

1.    Execute Code    install.php   
2.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
3.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArsAds.php   
4.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArsTla.php   
5.    Extract File    ./Sources/ManageArs.php   
6.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ManageArs.template.php   
7.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ManageArs.english.php

I am using smf 1.1.2.

It will be great if some one can help me.

Best Regards

blueeye

When a member is a moderator of a board... and if the moderators membergroup is eligible for non-topic adshares...
1) will such members have the previlage of non-topic adshares globally or
2) will it be restricted to the board that he/she moderates?

If the MOD does not follow an algorthm to do the later fuction [ie., 2) ]... could someone suggest changes to the script... to get this done...

cheer!
and thanks in advance

Niteblade

Is this going to be another modification that stopped of reaching greatness?
affiliate blog

karlbenson

Seems like someone is conspiring to stop me doing this mod.

First my internet goes down for a month
Second my laptop broke

I've just got my laptop back today. (faulty ac adaptor) luckily i was within 15 days of my 3 year warranty.

Anyways while I've been away I've designed most of the areas on paper, trying to make them as intuitive and simple as possible. (theres so many settings i can't fit most of them on the tablular design).

I'm going to work on this right away, but it will take alot of time. please bear with me.

p.S if you have any more ideas, please dont hesitate to mention them.

Re: Blueeye, I answered your question by pm.
No recognition is made of which forums Forum moderators are moderators of.  Just that they are a forum moderator entitles them to the higher adshare.  Thats in the current mod.  In the one i'm working on, i promise to include an extra setting for it.

blueeye

Thanx dude! Looking forward to the next version...

the current version is really cool...

Niteblade

Suggestion::

After XX (30, 45, 60, 90?) days of inactivity, the user's adsense account enters a lottery mode whereby others have a greater chance to earn from their post. Active members are rewarded -- (#1.) Their accounts do not enter lottery mode. (#2.) while inactivity is discouraged from former contributing members.

In this manner, someone WON'T profit for very long from posting a popular article while NOT continuing their regular forum contributions, yet those who remain posting will eventually benefit from an inactive member's former popular contributions.
affiliate blog

SticKer

would you be making a patch or an upgrade feature when you release the next version so that people using it currently can simple upgrade instead of installing the complete new setup.

findallinone

Quote from: findallinone on April 02, 2007, 12:41:59 PM
it is better to give some empty place in this mode to show other ads[permission is given to the forum's admin only to show other ads in the forum] like ad managemant mode.other ads means not google adsense ads,yahoo API ads,textlinkads.if you give permission to the admin to show other ads with clear instructions,no problem to ad revenue sharing mode.i would like to display other ads in my forum http://www.findallinone.com/forums/ .How?  

No reply to the above suggestion? if both modes adrevenue sharing and ad management worked separately is also good,but it is not working.why?

karlbenson

Re: Findallinone:
I have made it so that it will NOT work with the ad management mod. Because if it did, there could be adrevenuesharing and non-adrevenuesharing ads on the same page at the same time.  This could lead to getting banned from Adsense/YPN.
There is a section for NON-Adrevenuesharing ads in my designs for the new version.

Sticker: Unfortunately because this was a beta, it will require complete uninstall and re-install for the first proper version v1.0. This is because theres so many new settings, I'm having to move the settings to new tables and change the column details.

nite0859:  There is a setting in the new version to remove persons after X months from the programme aswell as automatically removing banned users.

Quote from: karlbenson on April 28, 2007, 07:20:31 AM
- Other Ad Networks
I'm planning on supporting several others which don't require a website, but they are less profitable.  A few will only be supported for their referral banners. The reason I include those is they can be additional source of revenue for you and your users.
Think of Amazons self optimising Links too ;) This is beside adsense and yahoo one of the biggest und popular Ad Network. I would love to see this in a future version.

Is the new Version you talk about near to come? And I would like it too if you integrate a update function instead of uninstall/install for future releases.

And a simple faq how to integrate the Ad Revenu Sharing in a custom Template (or is there still one?)

Best Regards

karlbenson

I'm trying to include Amazon Omakase.

I'm about 15% through doing the new mod. It is a large mod and may take a month or two.

Niteblade

Quote from: karlbenson on May 25, 2007, 08:33:08 AM
It is a large mod and may take a month or two.

Wow.

Are you working at it alone on purpose, or are you willing to accept help from other coders?
affiliate blog

karlbenson

Hey Nite0859,

yes it is a very large mod (with a hell of alot of settings).

At the moment there isnt much that anyone else can do because most of the code ties lots of sections together.
Like you (or someone else) suggested I'm know finding it alot easier to develop my mods with Xammp and Notepad++

When the modification is nearer done I will be grateful for bug/error testing.
I suppose one other thing which takes a long time to do is to do all the helptxt strings.

Unfortunately I'm also going to have to stop with this mod for a couple of days soon to sort out my server which needs formatting and the buggy linux reinstalling.

SticKer

one thing that i noticed with the beta version that i am currently using in my forum, even though i have activated adsense and tla. i see the PSA ads when there are no relavent keywords, and the tla ads dont show to avoid psa. and after some research i found that the psa ads appear only on those user account those who have not activated tla.

now i dont think all my users would be using tla so is to avoid this you can do something were in such case you can run alternate ads or maybe the default forum tla ad.

karlbenson

^ I was aware of it.

More so I believe is that if your the only person using TLA as the admin, then it MUST show PSAs because the mod prevents showing your own ads to yourself for security reasons.

I'll try to do something, although until I come to that part, I'm unsure which of about 10 different ways to do it, which one I'm going to choose.

SticKer

hmm i will check if there are others who have tla activated in their profiles

CanadianDots

Thinking of attempting manual install of the current version of this mod on my SMF/Tiny Portal forum. A quick look at the install.xml leads me to believe that there are going to be a few places where the presence of TP will require some changes.

before I start - has anyone successfully got this mod to work with Tiny Portal?
hxxp:www.canadiandots.ca [nonactive]

Blabla2018

I installed this in my forum .. default template ... It installed successfully .. but it is not showing the options anywhere. How to find that ?

Plz help. I need it. Thanks in advance ...

Advertisement: