News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Bug: IPB import

Started by Chris Graham, August 20, 2004, 09:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Graham

On the board view, the last-post link on the right-hand column is wrong. The titles are for the wrong topics, and the links give "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

EDIT: I'll add problems as I find them...
When I say '{' and '}' I really mean '[' and ']' but am avoiding the SMF bbcode parser.

It imports [ul] bbcode instead of {list}

My plain bbcode signiture got imported pretty crazily. On looking at it on my posts, it was an HTML-mess. It showed up as the HTML it should be translated to when editing my signiture. Upon editing that, I end up with the HTML being quoted (rather than the mess). This is my signiture in IPB: "{IMG}hxxp:ocportal.com/custom/images/ChrisSig.gif [nonactive]{/IMG}"

Everythings marked as new (topics, PM's). It's be nice if it was all marked as old.

The 'noavatar' IPB value for someones avatar imported literally as a URL to a file named as such

This one really concerns me... I have some private forums that obviously I do not want people in for important security reasons, but whenever I untick for "Ungrouped Members" on the "Permissions For Board (my forum name)" and click "set permissions", it loads back up and they still have permission. I've tried adding and removing from other groups and it works fine. AFAICT this is a visual glitch in the editor, and ungrouped members cannot access the forum.
hxxp:"http://ocportal.com/" [nonactive]

Elissen

can't help you with the IPB, but if you want to restrict a board to a certain group, go to admin, manage boards, modify (of the board) and look for

"Allowed Groups
Groups allowed to access this board."

Advertisement: