News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Additional Stars based on original set

Started by Tony Reid, August 21, 2004, 08:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitoll

these are the color stars i want on the forum i admin. is there someone that can help me with this? i need to know what to do. i am not that computer smart. i am not tryin to ask dumb questions. i really don't know. ty

please help get these colors
thank you
derrick

Quote from: Tony on August 21, 2004, 08:45:04 AM
Hi Everyone,

Today my moderators cornerd me and made me do some more stars :(

Being mostly a female memberbase they wanted bright colours... its only 9 - but it saves someone else having to create them... Im happy to do other colours if anyone wants.

I dont know who the originator of the design is, nut they are based on the original YaBB SE stars. Some look better on different coloured backgrounds......

Aqua
Gold
Bright Red
Lime
Orangle
Pink
Purple
Multi Colour
Silver

hxxp:www.absolutebreeze.co.uk/stars.zip [nonactive]

Edit: Fixed the URL on your previews.

Farmacija

www.farmaceuti.com
www.farmaceuti.com/tekstovi

Amanda G

how do we get the stars to show up? I have no idea what i'm doing sorry...
WANTED: Someone to set up a website with smf forum. Will PAY!

WhiteEagle

I fold for team 52482. Do you Fold@Home?
SMF powered sites: Leet Link LeetSpace.com

Technics

TraX22

Si tu problema se resolvió pon solved al post , otra forma de ayudar
¿Qué es el repair_settings?  :P
Ante de crear un nuevo tema entra aquí

CN CIA

THis will seem like an ubscure color but i ran out of other colors for all my member groups and need a brown star of this style, if someone could do that it would be a great help.

falguni1

CN CIA

Quote from: CN CIA on December 02, 2007, 03:14:03 AM
THis will seem like an ubscure color but i ran out of other colors for all my member groups and need a brown star of this style, if someone could do that it would be a great help.

anyone, please...

Niagra

Well since no one replied to the how to post  I shall try and answer this  question. 

How to add new stars or an image for member ranking.

First I have a directory in the root directory of my forum called "ranks" .
In it I have the images for the star.gif files ie: staraqua.gif each star  should  of course be a separate file.

Once I have them uploaded onto my server in the ranks directory... Go to your admin section on forum and  click on membergroups. On that page you will see the various member groups  you have and also what current rank image is given to that group.  Simply modify that or add one  by  typing in the  address of the correct .gif file  that you just uploaded to the ranks  directory.  Notice that when you click to modify the current image it asks you also How many stars  to show for that  particular rank.  Ie:  Admin  maybe you want to show 5 stars  and new members only 1 or 2

If you have imput the correct path you should see the new image available after saving.

An example of  path for my forum is  frogn.com/ranks/staraqua.gif

I hope this helps as I know this can be very overwhelming to us laymen. Trust me ..I am still a layman but  have gotten a bit farther than  when I first started.  These guys are truly  a God send here.  Good Luck

Niagra

I downloaded the original set of stars and much to my disappointment some of them are not in there, May I please have all the star colors???   Paweeeeeese?

Tony Reid

Quote from: Niagra on January 22, 2008, 03:50:24 AM
I downloaded the original set of stars and much to my disappointment some of them are not in there, May I please have all the star colors???   Paweeeeeese?

What ones are missing? and anyhow - right clicking on the images in the post will allow you to save the ones from here.
Tony Reid

L Lawliet

Advertisement: