add a button to add "[SOLVED]" to subject of messages

Started by MacDo, March 07, 2007, 04:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDo

Hello,

Is there a mod for adding a button "[Mark solved]" to the message board, that the moderators of the board, admins and the author of the message would click to automatically add "[SOLVED]" to the subject ?
Could someone tell me how to modify SMF to add this feature, or using a mod ?? :-)

I did found the "Topic Solved mod" but I think that It doesn't really do this.

Thank you very much for your help !

MacDo

Sharr76

This would be good for me too but with the wording "Closed"

Rudolf

Using the quick edit, editing the subject is one second. Really.
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

MacDo

Yeah, of course, but... It's not my question... Of course I know that there is solutions to modify manually the subject of messages, but please understand me... It's not for my own usage, it's for the members of my forum and It's much easier for them to click on a button instead of quick-editing their message and type "[SOLVED]". If they only have to click on a button, they will maybe do it regularly. Editing the subject of messages, they don't do it now...
Thank you for your help !

Rudolf

You're right in that case it's better a button. It shouldn't be too hard.
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

MacDo

MacDo

Up... Does anyone knows the way to do this ??
Thank you very much for your help ! :-)
MacDo

traktorku

MacDo

Yes. Well, that's why I was asking the question. But I'll have to do it myself. Good luck.

Publi-Script

Hi MacDo,

The "Topic Solved mod" can handle this for you, Here's what the autor had to say about it.

Mind you if my english is correct the two pieces of code should have been reversed in his post (i.e. the code you WANT to see in your "Post.php" file is the top one)

Hope this helps

P.S. I did implement this hack on my board and it works great!
Michel Lemieux
SMF 1.1.4 with some mods

Advertisement: