News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

View Any Topic permission

Started by Feldon, March 09, 2007, 10:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow82x

I would too like to see this updated for SMF2.0.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

spiegelj

this mod is great im using it on 1.1.5 it works fine

wayneh

I've installed v1.9 on SMF v1.1.5 (a fresh installation - no other mods) and I can't see the 'view any topic' option anywhere.

I followed the install directions (yes, 'enable advanced..." is checked)
and get nothing.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I've reinstalled the package, and now I get the checkbox, but no text label.
So the row where "View Any Topic" is, has no text, just the check box.....

olabaz

K how do I get this working because when I upload it through admin I get modification parse errors.  So what do I do?
USING SMF 1.1.5

Feldon

FYI, I am no longer supporting this mod.  The last version I verified was 1.1.4.  I asked Oldiesman to take on development for SMF 2.0.  Assuming he does, however, he will start his own project page with a different name for the mod.

Thanks for your interest in my mod!

Astarta

I understand that this mod is no longer supported, but anyway, probably my post could be useful to someone who'll maintain it in future and moreover I was sent here from " SMF 1.x Support" board :)

Seems that the mod has the issue with SMF 1.1.5. After installing this mod I started to get the following message in error log:
(URL)  http://rat.ru/forum/index.php?board=10.360;sort=subject
Database error: Unknown column 'memf.ID_MEMBER' in 'where clause'
file: /srv/www/rat/www/htdocs/forum/Sources/MessageIndex.php
line: 492

see: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=253395

My forum has also the below modifications installed:
1.     Member Notepad      1.0
2.     VisualWarning      1.31
3.     Reason For Editing Mod      1.14
4.     Merge Double Posts      1.0.6
5.     Ignore Boards      2.0.1
6.     Sticky First Post (extends sticky topic)
7.      Member Color Link      1.8.7
8.    Signature Settings Mod      1.0
9.     View Any Topic Permission Mod      1.9
10.   Topic Solved      1.22
with best regards,
Astarta

http://rat.ru/forum/index.php

aspenique

Does anyone know of an updated, similarly-functioning mod?  I've been poking around but no luck so far.  :)

Paracelsus

Quote from: aspenique on September 01, 2008, 03:44:03 AM
Does anyone know of an updated, similarly-functioning mod?  I've been poking around but no luck so far.  :)

This one works quite well as it is in 1.1.5.

aspenique

Apologies, I didn't specify - was wondering if there were something ready for 2.0.  :)

Rumbaar

There appears to be a bug/issue with MessageIndex.php changes.  As it stands when you try to sort by subject in the 2nd and more pages have a error.
Unknown table 'memf' in where clause
File: /Sources/MessageIndex.php
Line: 506

So changes:
AND ml.ID_MSG = t.ID_LAST_MSG" : (in_array($context['sort_by'], array('starter', 'subject')) ? "
AND ( " . (allowedTo('view_any_topic')?1:0) . " > 0 OR memf.ID_MEMBER = $ID_MEMBER OR t.isSticky = 1 )

To:
AND ml.ID_MSG = t.ID_LAST_MSG" : (in_array($context['sort_by'], array('starter', 'subject')) ? "
AND ( " . (allowedTo('view_any_topic')?1:0) . " > 0 OR mf.ID_MEMBER = $ID_MEMBER OR t.isSticky = 1 )

Also change:
AND ml.ID_MSG = t.ID_LAST_MSG
AND ( " . (allowedTo('view_any_topic')?1:0) . " > 0 OR memf.ID_MEMBER = $ID_MEMBER OR t.isSticky = 1 )
AND mf.ID_MSG = t.ID_FIRST_MSG

To:
AND ml.ID_MSG = t.ID_LAST_MSG
AND ( " . (allowedTo('view_any_topic')?1:0) . " > 0 OR mf.ID_MEMBER = $ID_MEMBER OR t.isSticky = 1 )
AND mf.ID_MSG = t.ID_FIRST_MSG
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Paracelsus

Thanks Rumbaar!

I had already noticed that bug but never reported it. It works much better now. ;)

OzExcalibur

Has anyone had any success doing a manual install of this mod on a 2.0 RC1-1 forum?

Is there anything similar that will work on 2.0 RC1-1?

nathan42100

Paracelsus

I don't think there's anything similar in SMF 2.0, which is a pity.

We currently use it in a board for support questions where each topic can only be seen by its author and the forum staff, allowing discussion about user's personal / private issues with admins and moderators.

nathan42100

It looks like with some careful modification someone can port this to 2.0. I'll take a more indepth look tonight

nathan42100

Its way too much for me to do, sorry. Plus I'm no expert on SMF mod coding or database coding so it most likely would kill the forum if I tried

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=228
^Thats probably going to be as close as you can get

digit

Well, I got half way through a MANUAL  :P  install of this mod, when I ran into a problem.

The mod says this....

In Recent.php.....
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[ FROM ({$db_prefix}messages AS m, {$db_prefix}topics AS t, {$db_prefix}boards AS b)
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[ FROM ({$db_prefix}messages AS m, {$db_prefix}topics AS t, {$db_prefix}boards AS b, {$db_prefix}messages AS mf)
]]></add>
</operation>

the problem is, in my 1.1.10 version of Recent.php,

I have this.....

FROM ({$db_prefix}messages AS m, {$db_prefix}topics AS t, {$db_prefix}boards AS b, {$db_prefix}messages AS ms)

Honestly, I don't know if that ", {$db_prefix}messages AS ms)" is from another mod or what...

How can I continue with this manual install?

I would LOVE to have this functionality!

Thanks in advance.

Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Paracelsus

Quote from: digit on August 05, 2009, 07:50:20 PM
Well, I got half way through a MANUAL  :P  install of this mod, when I ran into a problem.

The mod says this....

In Recent.php.....
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[ FROM ({$db_prefix}messages AS m, {$db_prefix}topics AS t, {$db_prefix}boards AS b)
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[ FROM ({$db_prefix}messages AS m, {$db_prefix}topics AS t, {$db_prefix}boards AS b, {$db_prefix}messages AS mf)
]]></add>
</operation>

the problem is, in my 1.1.10 version of Recent.php,

I have this.....

FROM ({$db_prefix}messages AS m, {$db_prefix}topics AS t, {$db_prefix}boards AS b, {$db_prefix}messages AS ms)

Honestly, I don't know if that ", {$db_prefix}messages AS ms)" is from another mod or what...

How can I continue with this manual install?

I would LOVE to have this functionality!

Thanks in advance.

What i know is that a few months ago I had to hardcode and disable 'Recent Posts' because it wasn't filtering posts according to membergroup permissions, so it turned out that any guest could see the most recent posts, even those written in private areas. :(

I never knew what the problem was, I supposed it was due to a MOD and it's likely to be this one in the string you mentioned above. Let's see if some coder can come up with a fix. ;)

Bruno36

Hello!

A version for SMF 2.0 RC1.2 is provided?
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

dakpluto

Seriously, this needs a 2.0 version.  Why this wasn't a permission option in 2.0 to start with I'll never know :\  They included the reply to own thread only which is nice, but doesn't help when they can still view others in a forum.

Advertisement: