News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Thumbnail on TOPIC

Started by artinjulio, March 11, 2007, 11:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artinjulio

Hi i was reading and only find how put images to the side of the FORUMS but not in the TOPICS, for example as the image that I attach, my portal is 3D and there are many photos of works and well be great to PREVIEW next to the title of every topic,
In PHPBB NEVER exist, Only I saw it in VBULLETIN (the photo)

thanks

[nofollow]

klumy

could be a good idea for a mod

wicked1

I'm guessing you mean it would automatically pick one of the attachments as it's preview image, or let the threadstarter pick one?

I think it's a wonderful idea, I have wanted something like that for my forum.

artinjulio

Automatic,  the mod select the first or else, and put in the description topic

insane360

well this is something that would be really handy for my forum! because I am having my own GFX tutorials, so a little preview in the look of a tumbnail would be really handY

nzmacro

Yes it does exisit in phpBB

Well this is very VERY interesting. This is exactly what brings me here. I've seen this done on a phpBB board and after asking on two separate forums for phpBB and getting no replies at all, I came across SMF  :)

I own and run a phpBB board for macro and micro photography and also visit other nature photography forums. One of those which is a phpBB forum has this unique feature

Now this was done by a very clever guy and done only for this one site. So hes written the script for it and of course it belongs to them, but its one fantastic idea that I would love to get a hold of.

The thumbnail is the same image thats posted in the thread. You click on either the thumbnail or the text and it opens up for commenting. Very clever work and I've never seen it before and never had any replies when I've asked about it.

Now this sort of script or work is worth paying for IMHO or at least a decent donation of some kind. It takes time and time is worth paying for. IMHO  anyway :)

So lets hope someone can come up with something. Just wish I was clever enough to do it to be honest, but I'm not  ;)

All the best and again, very interesting thread..

Danny.

bilgiligenc

and put in the description topic  
hxxp:www.bindikbiralemetegidiyozkiyamete.info/motor2.php [nonactive]
www.bilgiligenc.info/
hxxp:www.bindikbiralemetegidiyozkiyamete.info/motor1.php [nonactive]
hxxp:www.bindikbiralemetegidiyozkiyamete.info/motor3.php [nonactive]
hxxp:www.programturkey.com/index.php?topic=379.0 [nonactive]">Windows Live Messenger (Türkçe)
hxxp:www.notdefteri.info/bilgili/protur/araclar.php [nonactive]
http://www.programturkey.com   http://www.e-kartvizitim.com  hxxp:www.turkfanclup.com [nonactive]

Photoshocker

wicked1

its been 6 months, and im just wondering....has anyone made something to make this possible? Or is anyone planning to?  :-\

wicked1

ok its been about 10 months since the original request.
im not sure if i should start a new thread (or where to even put that) so im just bumping this one.
I have a little bit of money i could toss someones way if they could fulfill this request as I need it for multiple forums, and would rather keep my SMF than switch to something that already has it (like...vb or whatever  ::) )
I normally wouldnt offer money but after going so long of asking for it and no one commenting other than people who want it...i figured money might help? lol  :-\

improv

Interresting feature.
I am searching by myself for something similar.
If I would find it out before anyone else does,
I will post. Although, I'm not an expert with coding.

A2xA

this shouldn't be too hard to do.  are you meaning to put it where the message icon goes?

Online Video Game Battles Community that Supports Xbox 360, Wii, And PS3

vbgamer45

Quote from: wicked1 on January 12, 2008, 06:31:12 PM
ok its been about 10 months since the original request.
im not sure if i should start a new thread (or where to even put that) so im just bumping this one.
I have a little bit of money i could toss someones way if they could fulfill this request as I need it for multiple forums, and would rather keep my SMF than switch to something that already has it (like...vb or whatever  ::) )
I normally wouldnt offer money but after going so long of asking for it and no one commenting other than people who want it...i figured money might help? lol  :-\
Could be done.  Are these pictures from attachments? that are posted in a topic? If so what image is used if there are multiple attachments
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

improv

QuoteThe thumbnail is the same image that's posted in the thread.

I'd suggest using the first submitted picture.
That would fix up confusion when people are posting images and are wanting to have a preferred image as a thumbnail.

dannbass

There is something you might want to check out, and probably try to rewrite they did it, and maybe somebody wants to clean this up. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=133417.0

vbgamer45

Have submitted a mod that does this to the mod site for approval.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

[кѕ]ваηε-σ

here you go:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1151

it's amazing how many dupes are in the mod request

Click my sig, I dare you. (you might enjoy it)

I have 1337 M0DЄЯΑŦ0Я ѕκιŁŁѕ.

Quote from: ваηε-σ, #lëñņðN`, мµŋτς[02:42] [кѕ]ваηε-σ: I just pwned microsoft and completely ghosted one hard drive onto another. Two computers with the exact same operating system, exact same everything.
[02:42] ⌠Ķζ⌡мµŋτς ©  / DarkForce: lmfao, XD
[02:43] *[Ҝﮘ] #lëñņðN` ¨εﮘ`: hahahaha, noice

madman71

How difficult would this be to pick up external links and not attached links.  Im looking for it to display hot linked images from places like imagevenue.com

It seems to me that it would not be so hard on the server because its not making a search in the database for the file.

Would this be an easy mod tweak?? :D

vbgamer45

Pretty hard because it would need to search the posts for valid image links and store them inside a database and then do a query on that table to show the images.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

madman71

arghhh!!

that's frustrating  :(

thanks for your response :)

Advertisement: