Updated Registration Agreement

Started by Daniel15, March 11, 2007, 11:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueSatan

Are any of the other parts of the install left over in the files of your test forum...I'd get them out of the way if there are. Presumably (and seeing as It's you I'm pretty sure the answer will be a big yes) you've got a database backup from before the install...have a look and see what tables have been added...

I'd try it again having cleared all the file leftovers from the install and if there is still an error think about dropping any database tables it might have added...where's Daniel when we need him.

RoarinRow

Quote from: TrueSatan on March 20, 2007, 11:27:47 PM
Are any of the other parts of the install left over in the files of your test forum...I'd get them out of the way if there are. Presumably (and seeing as It's you I'm pretty sure the answer will be a big yes) you've got a database backup from before the install...have a look and see what tables have been added...

I'd try it again having cleared all the file leftovers from the install and if there is still an error think about dropping any database tables it might have added...where's Daniel when we need him.

yeah i think this is going to be my next step, thank you!  I'll let you know in a bit. . .

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

TrueSatan

In a bit will have to be in a fair bit...it's 4 a.m. here and I'm beat so off to bed.

Good luck and I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

Daniel15

Quote from: BlueDevil on March 20, 2007, 07:36:22 PM
OK. I had to dump this mod for now. I noticed that for the past week i havent got any new member arrivals.  I did my homework and noticed that this mod is not sending out emails for registration at all.

I tried using the "Invite" mod and it didnt send out emails either.   .....so i uninstalled the "agreement" mod and now im able to invite and send registration emails out when members sign up.

There is something with the "agreement" mod that is blocking my emails out.

Any ideas?  Did i missed a setting or something?
The mod could be interfering with the sending of emails, but it really shouldn't be... I'll investigate this on Friday (when I have some free time), and see what I can find.

To be honest, I have no idea why this is happening - This mod is very simple (look at the install.xml file), so I have no idea what could possibly go wrong...
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

RoarinRow

Quote from: TrueSatan on March 20, 2007, 11:41:01 PM
In a bit will have to be in a fair bit...it's 4 a.m. here and I'm beat so off to bed.

Good luck and I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

I just rebuilt my test site.  I needed to do it anyway.   :)

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

yacko3d

I think I'm missing something. I've installed the mod, and everything appears to be fine. However I see no obvious way to mark all members as having read the agreement. Also, I cannot see the setting in the admin panel to mark the agreement as changed.

"I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!"

:-)

Any help is appreciated.

Quote from: Daniel15 on March 14, 2007, 01:07:34 AM

- On installation, mark all members as having read the agreement
- When a new user registers, do not prompt them to agree (as they already did during registration)
- Fixed minor error reported by RoarinRow
- Instead of checking last modified date of changelog.txt, a setting has been added to the admin panel to mark the agreement as changed

- Moved code from index.php to loadUserSettings function in Load.php
- The install script checks to see if the column already exists

You'll need to uninstall version 0.1 before installing 1.0 (the latest one)

Edit: Clarified changelog

Daniel15

QuoteHowever I see no obvious way to mark all members as having read the agreement
This is done automatically at installation. To do it manually, run this query in phpMyAdmin (What is phpMyAdmin?):

UPDATE smf_members SET agreement_accepted = 1

QuoteAlso, I cannot see the setting in the admin panel to mark the agreement as changed.
If you go to the admin panel, under Registration → Registration Agreement, you'll see a "Reset the agreement status for everyone" tickbox :).
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.

LeAngel

Hi,

I need some help please. I have been trying to get this mod to work off and on for the last month. I didn't won't to bother anyone, but now I am out of ideas. I am running no other mods, I have updated the forum from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, but it still says 1.1.1 on the botton so I am not sure if that is one problem that is stopping the mod from working. I have installed the latest mod version, it installs without any problems but I don't get the tick box on the Registration Agreement.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated . Thanks.

Mr.Rattitude

I believe I've found an issue with this mod ... it can lead to some embarassing error pages.

Here are the basics to recreate the bug:

• Go into Admin
  • Go to Registration in the Members group
  • Click on the Registration Agreement tab
  • Make changes add/delete/etc or do nothing at all
  • Check the "Reset" box and click on "Save"
  • The site reloads and you have to click on "I Agree", which is fine, BUT ...
  • Log in with another member from a bookmark or historical URL in the address bar and your get a "Forbidden" error page.

Hope that makes sense ... I'm not much of a coder so I really have no idea where to even start to debug this issue.  Any help would be much appreciated as I plan to open the forums in less than a week and I really like this mod.  ;D
hxxp:www.ratchatter.com [nonactive] | hxxp:www.rattitude.com [nonactive]
SMF Version: 1.1.3

Daniel15

Quotehave installed the latest mod version, it installs without any problems but I don't get the tick box on the Registration Agreement.
Are you using the default SMF theme? Have you tried it on the default theme?

QuoteLog in with another member from a bookmark or historical URL in the address bar and your get a "Forbidden" error page.
What is the exact URL of this bookmark?
If you don't use the bookmark, does logging out, logging in, and browsing around normally work?

Mr.Rattitude

The URL is (exactly): hxxp:www.ratchatter.com/index.php [nonactive]

It works fine as long as you do not use the bookmark or the history entry.  Logging out and logging back in works fine. Typing the exact URL in seems to work.

We are currently using the index.html page as an intro ... and will likely keep using it.  I've manually edited the DB to have each user accept the Registration Agreement currently.  The mod is not "uninstalled", but its functionality will  not be used until I can get this issue sorted out. :(

We are just concerned with users bookmarking the "php" page over the "html" page.  I know I would normally do that as a regular user of a forum.

hxxp:www.ratchatter.com [nonactive] | hxxp:www.rattitude.com [nonactive]
SMF Version: 1.1.3

boombari2

hi to all,

can i apply this mod to 1.1.3 ?
is this http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=727 the latest version ?

brianjw

It says it is compatible so give it a try. If you get errors, manually install it by using the Mod Parser

BHT

I had this mod installed for awhile, and it works great.

But since I got version 1.1.4, new people (and some old) are having problems logging into their account.

Is there an updated version for this? Will there be one?

Thank you.

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

bfeo

Eclipse16V

Nice Mod.

Will be wait for the SMF 2.0RC1.2 Version.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Eclipse16V

Now for the Version SMF 2.0 RC2

Please update it

It´s a nice mod and i need it.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

stefann

Has anybody had issues with this mod and BlackBerry users? I am running this mod on SMF1.1.11 and have a user complaining that she can not agree to the message that pops up, though I'm unable to ascertain exactly where the problem lies, as it works fine using other handheld devices or when spoofing the BlackBerry user agent.

So, is this just a PEBKAC issue, or is there something actually wrong with the mod? Has anybody used this with a BlackBerry?

From the access logs I see lines like this, but never an accept_agreement2 POST as required to remove the persistent agreement prompt
"GET /forums/index.php?action=accept_agreement HTTP/1.0" 200 12593 "-" "BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.266 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/146"
"GET /forums/index.php?board=12.0;wap2 HTTP/1.0" 200 2355 "http://domain.tld/forums/" "BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.351 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/122"

Any help on this would be appreciated, I'm still trying to find out exactly what's going on from the user in question, unfortunately I don't know anyone that still has a crackberry
full time lurker on freenode #smf

TakeMeNL

Hey there!

i have downloaded this mod and have seen that it won't install on the RC4 and RC5.
So i edited the install and uninstall file.
And want to post it here, but i need permission to do that. So can i post my 'modified' version of  Updated Registration Agreement here?

----
TakeMeNL

Advertisement: