News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SSI and non standard characters

Started by ‡Ü߇_H@WK, March 12, 2007, 03:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

‡Ü߇_H@WK

SMF Version: SMF 1.1.2
Alright guys, got what i hope isn't too much of a problem here, but it has been bugging the crap out of me for weeks....

alright, i am using SSI to merge my SMF forum and my php website

this is a gaming clan website and we use alt codes in our clan tags, they are actually:
‡Ü߇_

now as this may show up fine inside the actual forum, when it comes to ssi, it gets crazy, it ends up displaying:
‡Ü߇_ instead, where ever the clan tags should appear

now, i have looked at the source code and have found that the characters are written exactly as ‡Ü߇_, but, they are not showing up as such, is there any way to make them show up correctly? this may require modding ssi.php and i would not mind doing this

the site is
www.ubclan.org/site/index.php

you can see right away, look at the shoutbox  :(

anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated

-H@WK  

SleePy

did you try to turn them into their HTML equivalent? Are you using UTF-8?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

‡Ü߇_H@WK

Quote from: SleePy on March 12, 2007, 08:08:43 PM
Are you using UTF-8?

would having utf on make a difference? I am pretty sure that it is, how can i be sure?

SleePy

You could setup a test forum and convert your test forum to UTF-8 and see if it work.

Do the pages you have them in have the same character set as your forums?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

‡Ü߇_H@WK

Quote from: SleePy on March 13, 2007, 01:10:06 AM
Do the pages you have them in have the same character set as your forums?
how would i set this up?

lol sorry, im a bit new to all of this

‡Ü߇_H@WK

k, guys, ended up that the charset on the website, wasnt set to utf-8, thx for your support, it works now

Advertisement: