News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

No posts after YaBB Gold 1.3.1 to SMF 1.1.2 conversion

Started by srosenvold, March 15, 2007, 03:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srosenvold

I made the conversion but received this message at the end:

This query:
ALTER TABLE `longstr_forum`.smf_log_topics
ADD tempID int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
DROP PRIMARY KEY;
Caused the error:

Can't DROP 'PRIMARY'; check that column/key exists

I had initially thought nothing had transferred, but when I checked all my members are listed, and some of them have posts credited to them (statistically) but there are no posts on any of the forums!  I checked my files and the "messages" I copied to do the conversion are there.  How do I correct this?

Thanks so much!

Susan  8)

srosenvold

And now, even before anyone has had a chance to respond, I see that some of my members have made posts since I did the conversion...can I add those posts (transfer them over also)?  How do I do that?  Will it mess things up to do the conversion again?  I haven't done anything to my board so far, waiting to find out how to fix that error, so there is nothing to lose... :-\

Thanks again!

JayBachatero

What I suggest you do is upgrade to YaBB 2.1 and then put your forum in maintenance mode.  After that convert using the yabb21_to_smf converter.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

srosenvold

Here's the catch...my web host does not have the scripts required for the upgrade, and that is why I have downloaded your software, my host supports phpbb and SMF.  :-[ Is there no way around this issue?

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

srosenvold

I downloaded the file and it did not work.  In fact, in order to open the software afterward, I had to remove the file.  I wasn't sure where to put the file, so I added it to the main SMF directory file.  Anything else I can try?

I have deleted the entire initial download from my server and will try reloading it again.  Perhaps that will help.

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: