News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

More detailed stats on attachments

Started by hurtdidit, March 16, 2007, 02:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurtdidit

I'm new to SMF, but am falling in love with it!  Nicely done, developers.  :)

I'm in need of a way to track the downloading of attachments in greater detail, however.  What I need is this:

• From Admin Control Panel, I would like to be able to generate a report on which users downloaded which files, during a specified timeframe (for example, on a monthly basis).
  • I would like to be able to sort this report to list each active user ("active" as defined by users that actually downloaded a file during the specified timeframe), and by clicking on a user's name, a list of all files they downloaded will be displayed.
  • Extra nice (but not required): For my purposes, I have two groups of users--public and private--and it would be nice to additionally sort the download report by membership status (so a report could be filtered by member group). 

I have an existing file download system setup based on phpBB that I can grant private access to, to show you what I am currently using (and what I like/dislike about it).  It works alright, but lacks the reporting features I really need--and since SMF seems to be a generation ahead of phpBB, I would be interested in "upgrading" my system to an SMF-based one (yes, I realize this will probably need to be created from scratch, but I use the term "upgrade" loosely!).

Would anyone be willing to give this project some consideration?  If so, please PM me, or post here with questions/ideas.

I am willing to contract with someone to create this to make sure it is done the way I need it to be.  And then, perhaps the mod could be shared with everyone, if it's found to be acceptable.

I look forward to hearing from any interested parties!

hurtdidit

I've not received any responses to this request...is it because I'm asking for the impossible with this mod request?  Or is it simply a case of nobody really being interested in this concept?

Would greatly appreciate any feedback or insight.  :)

Advertisement: