News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Recent posts user preference

Started by miseryshining, March 19, 2007, 05:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyfeet

I am using SMF 1.1.7, TP 0.98 and have version 3.04 of this mod installed. Using either my Administrator or general user test accounts, I receive the following error when selecting Profile - Modify Profile - Recent Posts and Preferences:

" Unable to load the 'recentPosts' template. "

I have "Enable extra user preferences for recent post blocks" enabled (checked) in the Configuration - Features and Options - Recent Posts/Topics section.

I used the package installer feature to load this mod into my site, in which all install tests were successful. I have extracted the recentposts_304.tar.gz file and validated all merge steps in RP.mod were installed correctly.

Any ideas?

miseryshining

Quote from: happyfeet on November 10, 2008, 05:05:47 PM
I am using SMF 1.1.7, TP 0.98 and have version 3.04 of this mod installed. Using either my Administrator or general user test accounts, I receive the following error when selecting Profile - Modify Profile - Recent Posts and Preferences:

" Unable to load the 'recentPosts' template. "

I have "Enable extra user preferences for recent post blocks" enabled (checked) in the Configuration - Features and Options - Recent Posts/Topics section.

I used the package installer feature to load this mod into my site, in which all install tests were successful. I have extracted the recentposts_304.tar.gz file and validated all merge steps in RP.mod were installed correctly.

Any ideas?

If everything is installed correctly it should work (I tested it on 1.1.7). Do you have other (profile) mods installed? Do the other profile preferences still function like they should? Maybe you can post your Profile.template.php so i can take a look.

happyfeet

OK, so I am embarrased to say why this was not working. Let's just say that if you are using a custom theme, to check the custom theme folder and make sure that copy of profile.template.php contains the necessary code. My bad!

DOH!  ;D

miseryshining

Quote from: happyfeet on November 10, 2008, 06:01:45 PM
OK, so I am embarrased to say why this was not working. Let's just say that if you are using a custom theme, to check the custom theme folder and make sure that copy of profile.template.php contains the necessary code. My bad!

DOH!  ;D

Didn't think of that one yet ;) Good thing they tackled that (mostly) for SMF 3 (which will try to install in all installed themes).

JaGuR

Having some troubles here, been a long time since upgrading this mod ..... any way decided to upgrade it , but I am missing the admins settings, I have the link to Features and Options > Recent posts/topics , but when I click on it it only gives me the basic features page and the  Recent posts/topics doesn't open up

I manually installed it because I my website is heaviy modded so I may hae missed something .... any idea's ??

Also limit days are not working.

Link to site and mod
http://www.racehorsetalk.com.au/index.php?action=recenttopics;

http://www.racehorsetalk.com.au/index.php

Cheers

miseryshining

Quote from: JaGuR on November 17, 2008, 09:43:55 AM
Having some troubles here, been a long time since upgrading this mod ..... any way decided to upgrade it , but I am missing the admins settings, I have the link to Features and Options > Recent posts/topics , but when I click on it it only gives me the basic features page and the  Recent posts/topics doesn't open up

I manually installed it because I my website is heaviy modded so I may hae missed something .... any idea's ??

Also limit days are not working.

Link to site and mod
http://www.racehorsetalk.com.au/index.php?action=recenttopics;

http://www.racehorsetalk.com.au/index.php

Cheers

You probably didn' t apply some changes to your recent.template and the /Sources/ModSettings.php

JaGuR

Never mind fixed it  ;D

This has come a long way since last time I used it MS, love the time limit

JaGuR

OK, time to put back, here is a HACK for the dropdown menu HACK,

a Hack for a Hack  ;)

Displays the number of days selected in the drop down box, if you selected to show 3 days, then instead displaying 1 in the dropdown box it will display3 ...  your last selection.

<form action="index.php?action=recenttopics" method="POST">
<select name="limit">
<option value=1 ' . ($_POST['limit']==1 ? 'selected' : '') . '>1</option>
<option value=2 ' . ($_POST['limit']==2 ? 'selected' : '') . '>2</option>
<option value=3 ' . ($_POST['limit']==3 ? 'selected' : '') . '>3</option>
<option value=5 ' . ($_POST['limit']==5 ? 'selected' : '') . '>5</option>
<option value=10 ' . ($_POST['limit']==10 ? 'selected' : '') . '>10</option>
<option value=30 ' . ($_POST['limit']==30 ? 'selected' : '') . '>30</option>
<option value=50 ' . ($_POST['limit']==50 ? 'selected' : '') . '>50</option>
<option value=100 ' . ($_POST['limit']==100 ? 'selected' : '') . '>100</option>
<option value=300 ' . ($_POST['limit']==300 ? 'selected' : '') . '>300</option>
</select>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="recenttopics">
</td>

miseryshining

Quote from: JaGuR on November 17, 2008, 05:02:58 PM
Never mind fixed it  ;D

This has come a long way since last time I used it MS, love the time limit

thanks! (also for sharing your contributions)

mcatto

Hi.
Why i hace this error in the installation???
I have SMF 1.1.7 and Recent posts user preference 3.04

1. Execute Modification RP_db.php 
2. Execute Modification .//Themes/default/languages/Profile.english.php Éxito
3. Execute Modification .//Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php Éxito
4. Execute Modification .//Themes/default/languages/index.english.php Éxito
5. Execute Modification .//Sources/Load.php Éxito
6. Execute Modification .//SSI.php Éxito
7. Execute Modification .//Sources/Profile.php Éxito
8. Execute Modification .//Themes/default/Profile.template.php Éxito
9. Execute Modification .//Sources/Recent.php Éxito
10. Execute Modification .//Themes/default/Recent.template.php Test failed
11. Execute Modification .//Sources/BoardIndex.php Éxito
12. Execute Modification .//index.php Éxito
13. Execute Modification .//Sources/ModSettings.php Éxito

b4pjoe

I'm using SMF 2.0 beta 4 with the Recent posts & topics 3.04 mod installed. I get 2 PHP errors if I click on any of the pages in the admin panel "Configuration:Features & Options. All of them give the same PHP errors:

8: Undefined index: recentposts_title
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/content/b/4/p/b4printadmin/html/forums/Sources/ManageSettings.php
Line: 136

8: Undefined index: label
File: /home/content/b/4/p/b4printadmin/html/forums/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php (generic_menu_dropdown_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 308

Any ideas?

hangyong

Hi all,

hope you can give me some pointers as my setup does not seem to be working.

I installed 3.04 on SMF1.17, the files tested ok, and all went well installing.

All the settings were done from within SMF's admin interface, and user settings were also performed.

However, on the board index, where it says "view the most recent posts in the forum", the URL is stuck at "./index.php?action=recent". It also goes to the standard recent post page.

When I manually enter "./index.php?action=recenttopics", everything works fine.

Anyone can tell me what went wrong and how to solve it?

chrishicks

neddim

No it does not. I ve tried, but it says it is incompatible with 1-1-8 version.
Hope so, someone would make needed changes to make it work with new SMF version.
It is the best recent post mod, cause it has a member selection options function.

Lotti

how i can show the post only of one or two boards from ssi_recentTopics()? i try but...

Lotti

miseryshining

Sorry everyone, i must have missed the automatic thread update notification some time ago.

@mau77: you probably have a mod installed that already changed a file. uninstall all mods and then try to reinstall it.
@joec88: will fix those in the next version. They are non-critical btw, won't break anything. 
@hangyong: it doesn't replace the recent posts link. If you want to change it you should edit the corresponding template file.
@neddim: update is coming
@lotti: did you try this? (you have to replace the board numbers with the one you want to show):

www.yourforumname.com/index.php?action=recenttopics;boards=1,2

WVPreacher

Thank You for the coming update Misery Shining.  I love this mod and miss it. :)

miseryshining

Quote from: WVPreacher on April 18, 2009, 02:07:29 PM
Thank You for the coming update Misery Shining.  I love this mod and miss it. :)

done, go get it! - Thanks for the kudos :)

Quote-3.06 is a minor update to support SMF 1.1.8 and 2 rc1.

sAce

dude, the 3.06 is not woking wid 118, its not even uploading or parsing

Advertisement: