Visual Verification Options

Started by 青山 素子, March 22, 2007, 09:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artica

Quote from: Motoko-chan on August 08, 2009, 12:23:14 PM
Quote from: Tsukuyomi on August 08, 2009, 01:37:09 AM
I installed it and everything was fine, but when I went to test it, the actual image doesn't show up... ^^;

Link please. Also, does the verification image look okay for registration?

Quote from: Tsukuyomi on August 08, 2009, 01:37:09 AM
This isn't the default, it might work on there, but if so, what do I need to do to make it work on the rest of my themes?

It depends. If the other themes haven't messed with the post and search templates, nothing. If they have, you'd need to manually integrate the theme changes to them.

Well, I'm using another system for the registration, as I just found your code recently. Anyway, here is a link: http://fantasyaurora.com/forums/index.php?action=post;board=229.0

青山 素子

If you are using the reCAPTCHA modification you found here, that's another of my modifications.

Anyway, the problem is that you added a style block to index.php. That's bad because that means the style block is put at the top of everything served through index.php, including the verification image. This results in a corrupted image that won't display.

To fix, move the style block you added to index.template.php for your theme. I believe you want to put it inside the template_main_above function.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Artica

Quote from: Motoko-chan on August 13, 2009, 01:15:38 PM
If you are using the reCAPTCHA modification you found here, that's another of my modifications.

Anyway, the problem is that you added a style block to index.php. That's bad because that means the style block is put at the top of everything served through index.php, including the verification image. This results in a corrupted image that won't display.

To fix, move the style block you added to index.template.php for your theme. I believe you want to put it inside the template_main_above function.

Silly question, but... what's a style block? ^^; What does it look like? If I did add anything like that, it probably wasn't with me knowing what it actually did. xD

青山 素子

The code beginning:

<STYLE type="text/css">

/**************** header styles ****************/
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

MaXiForum.cz

Very nice.
Czech translation:

//Visual Verification Options
$txt['visual_verification_guest_post'] = 'Vyžadovat vizuální ověřování pro hosty při psaní';
$txt['visual_verification_guest_search'] = 'Vyžadovat vizuální ověřování pro hosty při vyhledávání';
$txt['error_visual_verification_failed'] = 'Lituji, ale Vaše ověření je neplatné. Zřejmě jste neopsal(a) obrázek správně.';

vickemble

How to modify the words on the left of the verification picture, when a guest is posting?

Visual verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture

Many words are not good for my visitors. I want to simplified it into:

Case insensitive letter

It means that remove the big words Visual verification: and change Type the letters shown in the picture into Case insensitive letter

How to do it?

Now, I am using Simple Machines Forum 1.1.11, together with its default theme.
My website is a navigation center for shopping. You do not have to visit it, until you plan to buy something. Welcome to: www.shoppingnavigation.com

青山 素子

vickemble, edit the language files. This modification simply adds areas where the verification appears. It re-uses all the default language strings that are used for the registration display.
Motoko-chan

vickemble

Quote from: Motoko-chan on November 15, 2009, 12:23:38 PM
vickemble, edit the language files. This modification simply adds areas where the verification appears. It re-uses all the default language strings that are used for the registration display.

Thank you. I thought that your mod added these words inside.   O:)
My website is a navigation center for shopping. You do not have to visit it, until you plan to buy something. Welcome to: www.shoppingnavigation.com

vickemble

Excuse me.

My forum now has many advertisements, which are added automatically by robots.

Would you please tell me how to force everyone to enter the verification code when creating new topics or replying, even he or she has registered and logged in?

青山 素子

VVO only works with guests. Member accounts don't have any restriction. You might want to try stopping the spammers at the registration process with one of the many anti-spam modifications for SMF. For support with non-mod things, please use the general support boards.
Motoko-chan

aher

Its available the recaptcha verification for posts?
Its very important for me! Thanks

Srinib

I have two questions regarding this MOD
(1). Apart from guests, can i use this MOD for regular members also?
(2). Can i dissable this MOD feature for search?

青山 素子

Quote from: Srinib on December 28, 2009, 03:33:47 AM
(1). Apart from guests, can i use this MOD for regular members also?

This is not possible, and is not planned to be added. You can do this with the 2.0 series of SMF.

Quote from: Srinib on December 28, 2009, 03:33:47 AM
(2). Can i dissable this MOD feature for search?

Verification for posts and search can be individually enabled and disabled.
Motoko-chan

Jethz

Thanks so much for this. Been looking everywhere for this for a fresh new install of 1.1.11. Cheers.

Edit: I spoke too soon. The mod installed with no error, is activated in Posts & Topics  and Search, but I don't see it in the respective pages when trying it as a guest.

I've tried it with the default theme and it doesn't work there either. I tried it on another hosting, no dice. I wonder if there are any specific prerequisites other than being able to modify the files indicated in the manual procedure. I checked all those files and the changes are in them.

Andres.

This is the Spanish translation:
$txt['visual_verification_guest_post'] = 'Requerir verificación visual para todos los mensajes de visitantes';
$txt['visual_verification_guest_search'] = 'Habilitar verificación visual para búsqueda a los visitantes';
$txt['error_visual_verification_failed'] = 'Lo que has tecleado no coincide con lo que se muestra en la imagen.';

Is there any way to translate the text beside the captcha?:
Visual verification:
Listen to the letters | Request another image

Thank you.

青山 素子

Quote from: Andres. on February 26, 2010, 11:56:31 AM
Is there any way to translate the text beside the captcha?:
Visual verification:
Listen to the letters | Request another image

Thank you.

Yes, but you'd need to add that manually to the code. The text is generated from the reCAPTCHA servers themselves. You can read more on reCAPTCHA internationalization at http://wiki.recaptcha.net/index.php/I18n
Motoko-chan

howl.nsp

howl.nsp

This one with skip on error, in case spanish is not found.

Andres.

Quote from: Motoko-chan on February 26, 2010, 02:53:28 PM
Yes, but you'd need to add that manually to the code. The text is generated from the reCAPTCHA servers themselves. You can read more on reCAPTCHA internationalization at http://wiki.recaptcha.net/index.php/I18n

Thank you. I did it manually by editing Login.spanish_es.php. This is the code.

$txt['visual_verification_label'] = 'Verificación visual';
$txt['visual_verification_description'] = 'Introduce las letras que se muestran en la imagen';
$txt['visual_verification_sound'] = 'Escuchar las letras';
$txt['visual_verification_sound_again'] = 'Repetir';
$txt['visual_verification_sound_close'] = 'Cerrar ventana';
$txt['visual_verification_request_new'] = 'Nueva imagen';
$txt['visual_verification_sound_direct'] = '¿Problemas para escucharlo?  Prueba el enlace directo.';

cocco.belardo

I apologize for my bad english. I installed mod VVO in my forum and it seems works fine, but the two links "Listen to the letters" and "Request another image" don't work.
When I try the first link it doesn't work at all.
When I try the second link, the new image doesn't appear (I think because in the "src" the characters "&" are write as html "&amp;").
Why this? On what these problems may depend?
Thanks in advance for any response.

Advertisement: