News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

PHPList mods

Started by mts1712, March 25, 2007, 09:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mts1712

Hi,
I just wonder, is there any mods for SMF that can connect to PHPList?
I need a mod that can post all new posts in the forum into PHPList.
Something like digest setting in Yahoo groups.
Can anybody suggest one?
hxxp:www.duniainvestasi.com [nonactive]

hobox

I'm also looking.

My host have a limit of the numbers of emails that can be sent every hour, so I need phplist to be able to throttle the newsletters to my members

karlbenson

There aren't any mods for it.

I'm unsure whether its a bridge that you really require.

H

Nothing like this currently exists. It something like this was going to be written it would probably be easier to write it from scratch making use of SMF's mail functions.

I believe the SMF2 will include digest functionality.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

karlbenson

What is 'digest functionality'?

MrPhil

Quote from: karlbenson on July 30, 2007, 03:07:09 PM
What is 'digest functionality'?

Hopefully the ability to email "digests" of all new postings (all, or in selected boards/threads) since the last mailing. Some people would like to read a forum but want it in email form. That would be very useful and I'm looking forward to it. Such function need not be directly built into SMF -- it could be an external program that just reads the SMF databases.

SMF desperately needs the ability to throttle email send rates. Many Web Hosts limit hourly rates and burst rates (e.g., 500/hr and 20/min at my host). This would eliminate the need to pass mailings off to another program such as PHPList.

H

SMF desperately needs the ability to throttle email send rates. Many Web Hosts limit hourly rates and burst rates (e.g., 500/hr and 20/min at my host). This would eliminate the need to pass mailings off to another program such as PHPList.

Throttling is also in SMF2!

Introducing SMF 2.0
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

santanu

phplistmodcom

Mod your phplist, put your subscribe form on any of your pages. You may take a look at http:// phplistmod. com thanks!

Advertisement: