News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Don't want to use same database on conversion

Started by NFM, March 25, 2007, 11:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFM

I'm currently using a phpbb styled forum.  It is heavily modded and I get a lot of database errors and timeouts because the database gets "confused" I guess.  I want to switch over to SMF under a new domain (same server) and I want to use a clean database to do it.  I just want the users and the posts moved over (avatars too I guess).  When I read the conversion info it said that it IS possible...but after searching the last ten minutes I didn't see how to do it.  Any ideas?

JayBachatero

Try using the converter in this topic: phpBB 2.0.19+  That should convert what you want.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

NFM

I made a test forum and did it a really tough way...lol.  I found a way to get my host to give me a full backup of the database I was using with phpbb...I then loaded that backup into my SMF board...converted the php config.php file to what the smf board was pointing at and then ran the converter.  It worked....but man...there's gonna be a lot of work ahead of me when I do this...lol.

JayBachatero

Yea when you no longer have the forum that you are converting from in tact it can be a pain.  At least you got it converted. :).
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: