YaBB 2.1 -> SMF 1.1.2

Started by mrhope, March 25, 2007, 12:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhope

Attempting to convert a YaBB 2.1 (latest cvs) to SMF 1.1.2 and encountering the below issue.

Board details:
---------------
28,000+ members
197,560 Posts
32,826 Topics
0 mods

Checklist:
---------------
- Tried running the version posted on the website but gets stuck (10+ hours) at: step=1&substep=0&cstep=11&start=0
- The below error is running the latest files posted by JayBachatero on the first post of the above YaBB sticky post.
- Believe I've done everything also suggested by JayBachatero.
- Have installed a fresh copy of SMF before running the conversion after the first failed. Including deleting all MySQL tables.
- Running YaBB forums in maintenance during conversion.

Error:

Converting topics (part 2)... Unsuccessful!
This query:
UPDATE `smf`.smf_log_topics
SET ID_TOPIC = 1
WHERE tempID = 1078854085;
Caused the error:
Unknown column 'tempID' in 'where clause'

If I run this again it does often get further but then gets stuck at.

step=1&substep=0&cstep=11&start=0

With MySQL just doing the below two things over and over with no progress.

ALTER TABLE `smf`.smf_messages\n  ORDER BY poster...
ALTER TABLE `smf`.smf_messages\n  CHANGE COLUMN ID_...

Below information is using the latest version I found posted for another user under the sticky post. Seemed this was a more recent post because the post had a later date stamp.

I then try manually entering substep=1, which usually gets it going but then encounter the below situation, which appears to stick

Converting posts (part 3)...     
Notice: Undefined variable: actualPosts in /home/users/c/comphope/public_html/forum/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 1291
out of 197688 have been assigned to the correct member. Incomplete.

With MySQL showing: NULL as the info being entered into the NULL db? The command is sleep but it's doing this in between the sleeps. I continue to hit refresh and this is all I see appearing and disappearing.

I've ran the conversion several dozen times, spending a good 24+ hours trying to get this to go through with random results and sometimes different errors, however the above situation seems to happen the most often. I can skip steps 11 and 12 and get it to complete, however I have no posts even when it shows the proper count of posts when viewing the board it shows nothing.

JayBachatero

Maybe something changed in the YaBB 2.1 CVS files.  I'll have to spend more time with this converter and nail these bugs :(.  I'll look into these bugs when I get a chance.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

mrhope

Ok thanks for the reply, in the mean time I'm still continuing to figure this out as well. I understand from all your previous posts that I've read and been monitoring that you're busy in school and in the real life. ;)

I did notice during the last most successful conversion that even though there was no posts displayed I could view members past posts through the profile. However, there were no members with recent posts they all seemed to stop back around 2005. The only thing I could think of that happened around then was possibly that is when I updated to YaBB 2.1 from the previous version. But it appears other users had no little or no issues upgrading from 2.1 to SMF.

mrhope

Well I actually managed to get it to go (kind of). After doing the last conversion I noticed that all the users were being shown as one of the post independent member groups (not to be confused with the post dependent groups) so I removed all post independent groups and did a lot of tweaking with the URL bar changing the substep and cstep often.

Unfortunately however all past posts show as Guest, is this one of the steps I skipped that caused this to occur?

JayBachatero

You probably missed that step where it assigns the post to the user.  It says something like x of y posts have been assigned to users.
Follow me on Twitter

JayBachatero

Umm there is no var names $actualPosts in my version.  Try this file.
Follow me on Twitter

mrhope

You're quick, deleted my post and you've already replied. ;) I'll give that one a shot now. Thanks again.

mrhope

After running this file the first time It stopped at the below error message and I was unable to get it to continue.

on step=1&substep=0&cstep=13&start=0

Converting attachments (if the mod is installed)... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT ID_MSG, temp_filename
    FROM `smf`.smf_messages
    WHERE temp_filename != ''
    LIMIT 0, 100;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'temp_filename' in 'field list'

I decided it would be a good idea to try it again. I did get the above error however after increasing the cstep to the next level I was abel to get it to continue. I unfortunately then did also get the below message. I increased the cstep again to get around it and did manage to successfully complete the conversion and also did not encounter the guest issue I was encountering earlier. There are still a few little quirks but nothing that's not managable.

step=1&substep=73320&cstep=18&start=0

Converting poll votes... Unsuccessful!
This query:

ALTER TABLE `smf`.smf_poll_choices
    ADD PRIMARY KEY (ID_POLL, ID_CHOICE);

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '16777215-0' for key 1

Thanks again for your assistance with this issue.

JayBachatero

Do you have the attachments mod installed?  I'll look into the poll issue.
Follow me on Twitter

mrhope

If you're referring to a YaBB attachments mod. No, I didn't install any YaBB mods during the 2.1 installation of YaBB. A long time ago in 1.0 or 1.1 I did however install some forum cleanup mods, but nothing else.

JayBachatero

Quote from: mrhope on March 28, 2007, 02:07:24 AM
If you're referring to a YaBB attachments mod. No, I didn't install any YaBB mods during the 2.1 installation of YaBB. A long time ago in 1.0 or 1.1 I did however install some forum cleanup mods, but nothing else.
Umm seems like I'm going to have to take a look into that then.
Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: