News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

do i need to upgrade my language file aswell?

Started by askepott, August 15, 2007, 01:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

askepott

i used to use 1.1.2 then upgraded to 1.1.3 via link that i found on the admin panel of my forum. (my fantastico panel still says i need to update though -.-)

my prob is that the default forum language select option only shows ENGLISH (tried it on default too and still says english only)

so i checked my smf forum version and found this

does that mean i need to upgrade my language files too?

will appreciate your help. thanks.

Dragooon

No You wont be needing to do so if you upraded from 1.1.2
Also this board is not for english support. It is for Support in other languages.

askepott

I know this isn't for english support, i posted it here because I want the other language to show up.

here's the link to the pic again..
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/9581/smffilenn9.jpg

Dragooon

No, I dont think so it will matter running a 1.1.3 with 1.1.2 installation.
And this board is For support in other languages. Support in english can be asked in General english support.

agridoc

The differences in language files between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 are two misspelling errors in english that were corrected, so no need to upgrade another language.

If you upgraded from 1.1.2, all languages that were already added should be available. Check the existence of extra language files in /Themes/default/languages.

If they are there, check in Admin panel -> Server settings.

They might not be available in Profile, if you disabled by mistake language selection in Features and Options.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

askepott

thanks agridoc, but that doesn't solve my problem..
here, you might want to take a look at my server settings' default forum languange
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/5472/serversettingsjg4.jpg
I think I should have other languages on it - other than english.
it only shows english. and i wanted the other languages to show up aswell.

and oh, i have the other extra languages on my themes/default/languages folder already.

(dragoon, I know this isn't for english support, i posted it here because I want the other languages to show up.

Karuhun

I suggest you to try your fresh installation locally, just to make sure that there should be no mistakes. Here is what I did:

1. Extract new SMF 1.1.3 to a folder
2. Don't do any installation yet.
3. Extract two or more languages package other than english to the same folder with SMF extraction.
4. Do installation step.

If everything goes right, then adding additional languages AFTER installation will have no problem, and your languages selection will show up as expected.

Hope this help.

askepott

what do you mean by "locally" ? like doing it manually via ftp?

as far as i can remember, i upgraded my smf forum via my admin panel -
for which i think is this :
2.     SMF 1.0.11 / 1.1.3 Update      1.1       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]

but, my fantastico panel still says i have to upgrade to 1.1.3 (cuz it says i haven't upgrade yet to 1.1.3, and that i'm still using 1.1.2)

i remember upgrading via my fantastico panel few weeks ago, but it gave me several errors - like the mods that i installed not showing up....... do i have to reinstall all my mods again?

Advertisement: