Create a standalone HTML version of your messageboard - beta

Started by inthe80s, March 27, 2007, 09:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nifelhein

Man, this might be perfect for an inactive board I have and want to turn into an archive. how doe this handle attachments, by the way?

texasflats

SP, that got me a lot further. All but one board is showing up in the archive, and I still get the same errors I posted earlier, but I'm several steps closer.

I sure do appreciate you taking the time to help me, thanks.   :)

ladynada

Quote from: pro2share on May 02, 2007, 11:24:01 PM
well i am not a php coder.. i know the basucs.. so i wouldnt edit that..

i dont kno why this would happen..

i get this error..

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: create_title() in /home/pro2shar/public_html/omfg/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code on line 79

Hi,

I did a search here for the command create_title() and it is NOT found in this mod's files, nor in my sources, nor my default theme's files.  So maybe it has something to do with your portal program?

nada
WORK for Truth, Print it, Take Time to READ ALL LINKS NOTED  click here --> The TWO Witnesses are Mom and Dad and SMF Skins

ladynada

Quote from: Nifelhein on May 03, 2007, 12:27:23 PM
Man, this might be perfect for an inactive board I have and want to turn into an archive. how doe this handle attachments, by the way?

I do not have any attachments.. so I dont know at this point.
nada
WORK for Truth, Print it, Take Time to READ ALL LINKS NOTED  click here --> The TWO Witnesses are Mom and Dad and SMF Skins

ladynada

Quote from: texasflats on May 02, 2007, 08:31:42 PM
I'm getting a couple of errors. It goes through the process of building the pages then lands on these two errors:

Warning: fread() [function.fread]: Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /directory/yada/public_html/protected/archive_create_datafile.php on line 26

<snip>

in line 22 of archive_create_datafile.php
you could uncomment this line

#echo $filename;

by taking off the # and watch your display to see what filename it errors on.. the file probably does not exist, and therefore the zero length

I am just guessing on that

nada

Nifelhein

Thanks for the reply nada, I do think this is a great piece of code and will try it around once I set for a new host. I hope the coding is not that hard for me to deal with, though I am willing to learn and can trust you and the others here to help me make it work for me. :)

ladynada

I am back to cause people to twiddle their hair between their fingers.

Earlier I mentioned that  I want to add keywords to the top of a new topic posting.  well, here is what I done did.

in post.template.php add to the array

'kword' => array('code' => 'kword', 'before' => '[kword]', 'after' => '[/kword]', 'description' => 'Keywords'),

in your sources folder add to Subs.php after you make a backup

array(
'tag' => 'kword',
'before' => '<div class="kword">',
'after' => '</div>',
'block_level' => true,
),

make yourself a little KW button and put it in your images/bbc/ folder called kword.gif

you can use mine if you want

in your styles.css created a new class like this

.kword
{
color: #FFFF00; /* bright yellow */
font-size: medium;
text-align: center;
padding: 5px 1px 5px 1px;
background: url(images/kword.jpg) repeat;
border: inset 3px #6B4913;
background-color: #EFEBDD; /* lite tan */

}

make your self a nice graphic that is opposite your color scheme, so if you have a light scheme, make it dark back with bright letters.  its up to you  :)

so here is how it looks in the archive

http://www.heartdaughter.com/archive/antichristkingdom/smf/1178473268.shtml

here is what ends up in the html

<meta name="keywords" content="carnal death blood guts devastation mainstream media news MSM This is all about the mind and absolute BEAST within us If this does not prove to you that we needed a Saviour be renewed completely into new being then I" />

and here is how it looks on the forum

ladynada

I am tying up loose ends here on my postings.  I posted a thread on a tip that resulted in a program that makes your meta name keywords 100% relevant to a thread's first message.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=171220.0

I posted only the simple version there on that thread, as I went on afterward to add many features, but I have not posted the final version.

That thread and the program relate to this thread, because today I simply made my program into a function call and added it to this thread's mod, and now it works fine with this mod and adds my keywords to the archived messages for the search robots.

thats it,
nada

ladynada

Advertisement: