News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Another Design

Started by Tyris, September 24, 2003, 09:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyris

heheh, me again  ;D
I have a habit of pumping out lots of crappy web designs...
I got another one which I personally dont mind...
just wanna ask some opinions ... to see if I should bother designing a main section to the layout...

http://wip.square-cubed.com/nintengen5/

things to note:
obviously not finished
The logo (top right) was ripped out of a scrap 'mock up' I did for the site title.. so it represents location, name and rough size (unless people really like it).... but isn't final.
The characters look a bit dull over the blue background, so I'm thinking of putting a colourful setting from a game behind it or something (any ideas welcome)
Lastly, "Nintendo fan power" is basically to say that Nintendo wouldn't still be BIG if it wasnt for its fans, and also to say that the site is powered by its fans... so just a bit of a joke.

Of course any and all ideas are welcome.

I appreciate it ^_^ (I'd post this at a more relevant design forum or something... but I really respect the guys here... and what better place than a forum full of other web masters)

Thanx!

A.M.A

I would not call it a crappy web designs.
Simplicity is power  :)
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

bostasp

Quote from: A.M.A on September 24, 2003, 04:02:31 PM

I agree, simplicity is very good - that way things are generall more clearer.

It's uncluttered (I know it has no content on it yet, but still) and I like it

Tyris

hmmm.. post timed out... lost post... grr...

was just saying thanx for the compliments, and that I agree that simple is good... just I show my design friends (people who I consider 'pro') and I can never get a good response from everyone...
I'm gonna make the bit behind the characters a bit more complex.. thats it.. for there...

any good ideas or anything that doesnt fit?

*edit*
I've modified it quite heavily now... actually made a kinda page design... and changed the rest...

charlottezweb

Lose the Times for a sans serif choice would be my suggestion :)

Jason

Tyris

Sans-serif... okiedokie... I hadn't bothered doing that yet... currently mucking around with possibilites (note that its changed aLOT... ie: I flipped everything and changed many sizes).

Acf

Quote from: bostasp on September 24, 2003, 04:27:57 PM
Quote from: A.M.A on September 24, 2003, 04:02:31 PM

I agree, simplicity is very good - that way things are generall more clearer.

It's uncluttered (I know it has no content on it yet, but still) and I like it

nice design :) simpilicity is a good thing not a bad thing. look at smf its simple that is a good thing ;)
Sigh...

Tyris

heh, whoa... old post... that link is in fact old too...
the older version was flipped over I think...
the latest version can be see at http://nintengen5.square-cubed.com

Tim

Quote from: Tyris on November 18, 2003, 02:38:04 AM
heh, whoa... old post... that link is in fact old too...
the older version was flipped over I think...
the latest version can be see at http://nintengen5.square-cubed.com
ooooh, that's very nice!
No font tags, no nested tables and nice looking aswell :)

nicely done :)

Tyris

it took quite a while to do it with no tables... but I like :) (at last... a design I made that I like :'()
The forum version will use that layout, but will need 1 table I think

alienine

Very nice!

As a suggestion (if you don't mind) I'd stay away from the 'bold bevel' and 'emboss' effects... as they're quite overused and serve no purpose (I personally think they are aesthetically boring, well at least the default ones)

Tyris

are you talking about the logo...? if so... do you mean the black border... or just the general embossing of it...?
I've got a friend who's always yelling at me not to use default photoshop stuff...

I personally think it looks a bit overused too... but I like the very faint texture and the fact that the black outline is seperate from the inside color... however I wouldn't know how to make it look similarly good without using emboss or something =\

Advertisement: