News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Share user database for 2 (or more) different forums.

Started by Spaceman-Spiff, September 03, 2004, 09:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianjw

bburg5

I do not know what file to locate it in...

I tried the URL again and still getting the "Table 'ffwaterf_Forum.smf2_memberss' doesn't exist" error and the forum does not load.

I only changed the files on the first post. What would have caused this?

Does the source files in both forums have to be changed to match or just having the prefix set to smf1_ in the main forum good enough. I only change the second forum to say smf1_ in the appropriate files?

Thanks

bburg5

I chaned the files to reflect
$db_members= smf_2_members

and so on with the othe files- This is the correct file changes, right?

Thanks

cdr_hayalet

Quote from: bburg5 on February 07, 2009, 12:47:50 PM
Here are my DB files;

########## Database Info ##########
-------edited-------

I chaned the files to reflect
$db_members= smf_2_members

and so on with the othe files- This is the correct file changes, right?

Thanks
dude these are special stuff for your site.Pls hide and change :).Anyone can know this stuff from here,and maybe hack your site :) be more carrefully.
And your question's answer is that you must change your table name "smf2_memberss".Probably it must be "main_members".Try and report i ll try to solve if it is wrong.

KahneFan

Quote from: cdr_hayalet on February 07, 2009, 01:14:50 PM
dude these are special stuff for your site.Pls hide and change :).Anyone can know this stuff from here,and maybe hack your site :) be more carrefully.
And your question's answer is that you must change your table name "smf2_memberss".Probably it must be "main_members".Try and report i ll try to solve if it is wrong.

I agree with cdr, you need to remove/edit this information as it is the heart of your site. Also, cdr, PLEASE REMOVE YOUR QUOTE since the OP can't edit your quote the information will remain there unless you or a mod removes it.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

cdr_hayalet

Ok KahneFan i did ,but bburg5 must do it too.it is more important :).

bburg5

Thanks, I didn't think about that before I posted. I just thought the more info given the better someone could help me.

I deleted the site as it is new and will start two others with different information. I just seems as I enter the information from the first post, I only get errors. I will try again

bburg5

I continue to get this error and the page will not load-

Table 'ffwaterf_waterfowl.main_members' doesn't exist- do I need to have {} around main in all my changes?

Thanks

cdr_hayalet

hmm.
you can do this like this i think
1-)go to phpmyadmin
2-)find the {$prefix}members-->it must be smf_members or like this...
3-)Click the structers on it
4-)go to Operatings
5-)Rename the table like "main_members"
6-)get a coffee yourself :p
:) try and report me if it isn't work too we try to find another way.

bburg5

I tried the change and get nowhere. Just errors. I deleted the second forum and reloaded it to the same database with different prefix.

This is what I have-
Main Forum prefix-   $db_prefix = 'main';
Second Forum prefix-   $db_prefix = 'main_';

I changed the second forum to read $db_prefix = 'main'; but get an error in phpmyadmin stating it already exsists. Is this not what I am supposed to do?

I just want to get the second forum to mirror the main forum tables without getting so you do not have to reg. for both forums.

It apperas that I am making this more difficult than it should be...

Thanks

TheDisturbedOne

Does anybody know if this will work if I bridge a 1.1.8 with a 2.0 RC 1?

Stef001

I have the following problem:
I get in the schoutbox, "No database selected".
(see screenshot)
I know that the shoutbox don`t use the database.
In the Log i get this message:
http://www.kaartenleggen.nl/zigeunerkaarten/index.php?yshout&action=admin

: No database selected

SELECT mem.*, IFNULL(a.id_attach, 0) AS id_attach, a.filename, a.attachment_type
FROM smf_members AS mem
LEFT JOIN smf_attachments AS a ON (a.id_member = 2)
WHERE mem.id_member = 2
LIMIT 1

Bestand: /home/kaarten/domains/kaartenleggen.nl/public_html/zigeunerkaarten/Sources/Load.php
Regel: 350

When i refresh the page i see for one second the shoutbox and than i get the mesage.

I figured out that it had someting to do with SSI.php.

I have shared the user database from two forums.

Please some help.

Stef.

SMF 2.0.2 | SimplePortal 2.3.5

tehdisco

i managed to share my Databases, but i cant seem to get the same theme to stick on both sites.
When I set the theme to my preferred one on one instance, the other switches to default, then when i try and switch it from the default to my preferred theme on that one, instance one goes to default. Please help.

Angelotus

^^ Your theme has an ID number. That is set in your member tables. If you select theme ID 6 in the first forum, it will also be set as ID for the other one. And if there is no ID 6 in the other one, it will set to default automatically.

Angelotus

My problem is that I can't login on the second SMF forum, but only on the original first one (where the member table exists).
I get an error that says: Please try again.
How can this be solved???

heinandar

Hello all..
I have 2 sites. http://forum1.com and http://forum1.net
can i share forum1.com's  the whole database to forum1.net. i can access cpanel and the two sites are hosted on same hosting.
pls think for me.

Giiyom

If one of the 2 forums has already been created, is it still possible to share his DB?
www.QcStarcraft.com
www.QuebecSF.com
[SMF 1.1.11 / SimplePortal 2.3.1]

bburg5

Yes!

As long as the two forums are installed in the same DB. You just need to share the groups that you want from the first post.  :D

Darkness_

I have my main forum at forum1.com and forum2.com
It's on the same server, it shares the whole database the cookies to :S but when you log out in one of them it doesn't do that at the other.
How could this be fixed?
both using cookie11

Advertisement: