News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

GRD Multilanguage Newsletter

Started by Piotr GRD, October 27, 2008, 09:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piotr GRD

Link to Mod

GRD Multilanguage Newsletter v0.9
creation date: 2008-10-22

This modification provides possibility to send different newsletters (via PM or email) to users that have chosen different preferred languages on multilanguage forums. If you need to send different newsletter to English speaker, different to Polish, different to Spanish etc. - this modification is for you.

v0.9 was tested succesfully by me on SMF 1.1.4, 1.1.5, 1.1.6, 1.1.7, 1.1.8, 1.1.9 and 1.1.10, on other 1.1.x versions should work, too.
Version for SMF 2.x is planned when stable version of it will be released.

While creating a newsletter you can choose groups (like always) and additionally languages from all installed on your forum. You can choose one, two or more languages - newsletter will be sent to all users from selected groups that have selected language(s) chosen in their profiles. If you choose none - the mail or PM will be sent to all users (from chosen groups), language will be not taken into consideration.

Remember that for default user have no preferred language selected in his profile (unless you have some modification for registration process) - all those users without any language chosen will be selected with default forum language.

I hope that this modification will be usefull for the admins of multilanguages forums.

~ Piotr GRD

hxxp:grd.art.pl/ [nonactive] hxxp:grd.net.pl/ [nonactive]

genieuk

My site is English only so no good for me but a fantastic mod for people who use more than one language, well done, another great mod  :D

Mathew

aldo

the_shadow

i try parse this mode for SMF2.0 RC1 and i can´t find

if ($context['can_send_pm'])

Piotr GRD

It obviously don't work on SMF 2.0 - there is different template for newsletters and (more important) different way of handling all the massmailing functions.

I did plan to look into this when stable version of SMF 2.0 will be released, but maybe I'll think about doing this earlier for RC, too.

Too bad that such function is not available inside of the default SMF code.

the_shadow

thnkx anyway.... and good job!!! :P

Advertisement: