Allowed Groups Embedded Flash

Started by ディン1031, April 05, 2007, 07:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaiss

Here is what happens in my case:
I make a post with the following html code:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aocQa2l82Bw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aocQa2l82Bw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

When I hit preivew the code is coverted to flash bbc code and the video shows in the prievew.  I click post and everythings ok.

BUT, if I enter the same code and just clikc post without previewing, the video shows up as a blank white box.
See my forum for an example:
http://www.ocmoto.com/index.php?topic=55
-Shai
If you ride on two wheels you need to ocmoto.com!

ディン1031

Quote from: shaiss on May 05, 2007, 06:33:29 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aocQa2l82Bw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aocQa2l82Bw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

When I hit preivew the code is coverted to flash bbc code and the video shows in the prievew.  I click post and everythings ok.

BUT, if I enter the same code and just clikc post without previewing, the video shows up as a blank white box.
Normal i tested with about 200 vids in a thread site xD, and it work well << even without preview...
But i will look tomorrow for it, possible that it also is because of a lot of same flash files ;).

Can you post one of the empty post in a [nobbc] tag ;) so that i can see how the bbc code is built :x, normal the preview and the direct post go thought the same parser << so it should work in both ways...

Oh i don't know why this happen, but i will fix it ;)

Bye
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

THE BRA1N

where do you find the group ids for this?

ディン1031

Version 1.1.3
! Remove the quote before the http:// on direct posting without previewing... I didn't see it because i tried to fix the preview problem in the Version before... i hat html 2 bbc converting! (It will not fix all ready wrong posted flash!)

Upgrade is inlcuded

@THE BRA1N
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=32954.msg915654#msg915654

THE BRA1N

Quote from: ディン1031 on May 06, 2007, 05:11:19 AM
@THE BRA1N
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=32954.msg915654#msg915654

LOL, thanks for clearing that up. No wonder it didnt seem to be working, on our forum group 1 is guests but there is no group /modify link for admins. Group 0 is regular members and group 2 is global mods.

ディン1031

Quote from: THE BRA1N on May 07, 2007, 01:49:13 AM
Quote from: ディン1031 on May 06, 2007, 05:11:19 AM
@THE BRA1N

LOL, thanks for clearing that up. No wonder it didnt seem to be working, on our forum group 1 is guests but there is no group /modify link for admins. Group 0 is regular members and group 2 is global mods.

Quote from: ディン1031 on April 05, 2007, 07:23:56 AM
Example Group ID for Admins is "1".

Hum Hum

Guest and Regular Members are 0 :x, but if you allow each person flash XD why not enable the standard option for it :x

DIN1031

shaiss

Quote from: ディン1031 on May 05, 2007, 06:48:30 PM
Quote from: shaiss on May 05, 2007, 06:33:29 PM

Normal i tested with about 200 vids in a thread site xD, and it work well << even without preview...
But i will look tomorrow for it, possible that it also is because of a lot of same flash files ;).

Can you post one of the empty post in a [nobbc] tag ;) so that i can see how the bbc code is built :x, normal the preview and the direct post go thought the same parser << so it should work in both ways...

Oh i don't know why this happen, but i will fix it ;)

Bye
DIN1031

Sorry, I dont understand what you want me to post?
-Shai
If you ride on two wheels you need to ocmoto.com!

ディン1031

Quote from: shaiss on May 10, 2007, 02:59:55 PM
Sorry, I dont understand what you want me to post?
Forget it ;), i allready fixed this issue.

Bye
DIN1031

Stirred

Hello Din!

Sorry for not showing in msn, but i'm having tests for my next work, so i don´t have much to spend here.

Today i had the day off and i could work a bit in my site. One thing i did and it worked well with my case was make changes in Sources/Subs.php:

search:
Quoteif (empty($modSettings['enableEmbeddedFlash']))
$disabled['flash'] = true;

replace:
Quoteif (empty($modSettings['enableEmbeddedFlash']) && !(allowedTo('admin_forum') || in_array('2', $user_info['groups']) || in_array('13', $user_info['groups']) || $user_info['is_mod']))
$disabled['flash'] = true;

Having this with your mod that doesn´t work with the groups, now it delivers what it should. Thank god it does.

Curiously, this change without your mod doesn´t work too well, because only gives permission to add/view flash bbc to the groups added. But now with both working at the same time it works! Guests and Members can see flashes but only those groups can add them.

Bye!
- eighteen seconds before sunrise -

ディン1031

I've added you to my list, but you didn't talk to me ;).

Hmmmm is it possible that you enabled the normal option for embedded flash? Because if you do this my mod disable my select. Only a thought ;), i do something similar to you change in my mod ;).

Bye
DIN1031

Stirred

Yes. I know... but my purpose right now is not onfocus my concentration. So i keep msn off, because when i'm on many people try to reach me.

About the mod, i didn´t enable the normal option.

But no problem Din, as much as is working...
One thing that you maybe find interesting is that from my next job, to reduce ansious on my tests i'm doing acupuncture and my Dr. is one student of the best Dr. in Japan, i think he died. Don´t remember name though...
Is working well... i never doubted the power of a niddle ;)

We will get together someday there... i'm curious what's your connection with Japan. Maybe same as mine.
- eighteen seconds before sunrise -

LadyC

i installed the mod, but in the admin center in the posts & topics area, this is what i get:

QuoteRemove nested quotes when posting (?):     (field)
Embed flash into posts (?):              (field)
may be a security risk!

(?): (field)

: (checkbox field)

Enable spell checking (?):    (checkbox field)
this does not work on all servers!

the text for some of the fields is missing. i'm having the same problem with the invite mod by sarke, who suggested that the language file didn't install properly.

any suggestions?

ディン1031

Quote from: LadyC on June 11, 2007, 12:25:12 PM
i installed the mod, but in the admin center in the posts & topics area, this is what i get:

QuoteRemove nested quotes when posting (?):     (field)
Embed flash into posts (?):              (field)
may be a security risk!

(?): (field)

: (checkbox field)

Enable spell checking (?):    (checkbox field)
this does not work on all servers!

the text for some of the fields is missing. i'm having the same problem with the invite mod by sarke, who suggested that the language file didn't install properly.

any suggestions?

I would say the same, the language file didn't install properly. ;D

Do you need this change to made the changed by yourself?

New Version ;)

Version 1.2.0
* Change a lot in the Admin.template.php
+ Add a different way for selecting allowed groups.

Upgrade is inlcuded

Bye
DIN1031

LadyC

QuoteDo you need this change to made the changed by yourself?

uh, i'm not sure what you mean by that... can you reword it a little?

i installed it (and the invite one) through the package manager and supposedly it installed correctly, although apparently it didn't.

if i knew how to fix it manually i'd do it.... although i hate modifying php files! (that's one of the reasons i started using smf instead of phpbb, i was tired of editing files!)

ディン1031

Strange... normal smf do change this files, too...

You use english as standard language?

Other question did you use a other smf theme?

Okay this are the english changes for this mod :x

<edit file>
$languagedir/Admin.english.php
</edit file>

<search for>
?>
</search for>

<add before>
//Allowed Groups for Flash Mod
$txt['allowedFlashGroups'] = 'Allowed Groups for embedded flash into posts and signature';
$txt['allowedFlashGroups_info'] = 'Seperate each GroupID with a ","';
$txt['embededHtmlFlashConvert'] = 'Convert embeded HTML Flash into a [flash][/flash] code.';
$txt['embededHtmlFlashConvert_info'] = 'Work only if you save or edit a message (Old ones will not be changed, and also the html code must be complete for this if something missing it will not work).';
</add before>

Bye
DIN1031

LadyC

yep, english as the only language, and i do have an installed theme... although i've checked in all themes and the same things is occurring. thanks for the code, i'll edit it and see how it does!

LadyC

ok, i just downloaded a copy of the file from my theme default launguages directory.... it had installed the changes already, so that wasn't the problem. since it is already correct in the themes/default/language directory but was non-existent in the theme i use, i went ahead and uploaded the file into my theme's language directory.

still doesn't work.

i switched to the board's smf default theme to view it, and the text does not appear in the topics and posts area of the admin center either.

i'm really scratching my head at this.

could you tell me what the text should be, so i'll know how to fill in the fields? (i'm assuming i can still enter the information, even though i'd be going at it blindfolded, so to speak...)

ディン1031

?_? you say it's allready in the file, but it doesn't work this is very strange...

Bye
DIN1031

LadyC

i found it!!! i found the problem! the server settings were on english-utf8 for the default language instead of regular english! i edited the settings and everything works!

sarke's invite mod was doing the same thing, and he asked me if i had the language file for utf8 in my directory.... so when i was going thru everything in the admin center again, and just happened to notice that was what the board language was set at by my server, a light went off in my head. i couldn't edit it from the admin panel, so i edited it offline and re-uploaded it.

i'm a happy camper now!

ディン1031

Advertisement: