News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Allowing guests to see all Boards but not entering

Started by trenchteam, September 05, 2004, 11:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmacik

12,13,27 are board ids right?
so you mean we will change ONLY this code and it will work for all the groups?
Home of Elmacik

Jay T

the 12,13,27 are example board ids. You will need to change those numbers for the boards you want this mod for.

If you will just put in this code and change the permissions for the groups, it work.

trenchteam

Hmm...  I started this topic back when I was using RC1. but I cant seem to get it to work with 1.1BP

Elmacik

Quote from: trenchteam on September 03, 2005, 09:06:54 AM
Hmm...  I started this topic back when I was using RC1. but I cant seem to get it to work with 1.1BP

i made the [unknown]'s code work with 1.1bp but works only for guests.
i will try this now.
edit: this code works ONLY for GUESTS too...
normal members cannot see the marked board. (guest can, but not enter.)
Home of Elmacik

Jay T

For all boards

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 05, 2004, 11:37:51 PM
Sources/BoardIndex.php, find:

WHERE $user_info[query_see_board]

Replace with:

WHERE ($user_info[query_see_board]" . ($user_info['is_guest'] ? " OR FIND_IN_SET('0', b.memberGroups)" : '') . ")

--> Tips and Tricks.

-[Unknown]

For specific boards. You have to change the (12, 13) to the specific boards on your forums you want this to work on. (12, 13) are just an example

Quote from: [Unknown] on July 27, 2005, 10:44:52 PM
You want to replace this:

WHERE $user_info[query_see_board]" . (empty($modSettings['countChildPosts']) ? "
AND b.childLevel <= 1" : ''), __FILE__, __LINE__);

With:

WHERE ($user_info[query_see_board]" . ($user_info['is_guest'] ? " OR b.ID_BOARD IN (12, 13)" : '') .')' . (empty($modSettings['countChildPosts']) ? "
AND b.childLevel <= 1" : ''), __FILE__, __LINE__);

-[Unknown]

And this does work for all guests and groups not assigned to those boards. I am using it on my boards.

Elmacik

i dont know whats wrong but didnt work with my forum.
i changed the codes, changed the board ids accordin to my needs, i removed the permission of the spesific group that i dont want them to enter but to see...
that didnt work..

thanks again. i will try to figure out again.
Home of Elmacik

Dinagyang

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 05, 2004, 11:37:51 PM
Sources/BoardIndex.php, find:

WHERE $user_info[query_see_board]

Replace with:

WHERE ($user_info[query_see_board]" . ($user_info['is_guest'] ? " OR FIND_IN_SET('0', b.memberGroups)" : '') . ")

--> Tips and Tricks.

-[Unknown]

I want guests to see the topics posted but not read the message. I need help on this.
THanks!

trenchteam

Tried the most recent one you posted by unknown. Its still  not working with 1.1 BP. :-[

edi67

good trick but is possible do this ?  ???

i want have one section called DONATORS (id=87) that will be visible to 2 or 3 (not important how many groups)  membergroups but allowed to entry are only one membergroups called Donatori (id=134)

how is possible do this?
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

mrandall131

Check [unknown]'s response to my questions earlier in the thread.  The code is there to allow both guests and regular members to see the boards, I currently have it running on my forums.   8)

farg

I think that this all this mods MUST BE include in admin section...
I hope in next release  ;)

mrandall131

That's a question for unknown, but it works with 1.1B3.

JustJa

I have Unknowns mod running nice on my forum. I created this area for special members that others can see but not come into it.
My older members are asking me to modify it so that this permition can be given manually. Istead of ruling by the amount of posts, it would be authorized by indication.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
:)

flybywire44

Referencing: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=16281.msg193474#msg193474

I've tried to apply this code but I cannot figure out which board IDs I should put in there.
Am I doing it right?

I'm using this in the BoardIndex
WHERE ($user_info[query_see_board]" . ($user_info['is_guest'] ? " OR b.ID_BOARD IN (06, 02)" : '') . ")

This is in regards to the Members Corner and Committie on @ hxxp:www.alphaomicronalpha.org/forums [nonactive]

Thanks,
-Rick
hxxp:www.alphaomicronalpha.org/forums [nonactive]

thetzfreak

I saw one reply on how to make all the boards visible, but to make the threads unreadable. Can someone please post code on how to make the threads unviewable for only one board?

More explanation: I want guests to be able to view this particular board and to go inside the particular board and see all the different threads in the particular board, but when they click on any of the threads, they will be asked to login/register.

Remember, only one of the boards.

mrandall131

I think that is the "normal" operation for SMF.  I mean, without a mod, guests can't post in my forum.  Look in permissions for guests.  Might be way off base, but I bet you can make it so they can't post in the forum.

thetzfreak

Quote from: mrandall131 on October 25, 2005, 01:49:44 PM
I think that is the "normal" operation for SMF.  I mean, without a mod, guests can't post in my forum.  Look in permissions for guests.  Might be way off base, but I bet you can make it so they can't post in the forum.
I don't think you understood what I meant. I meant that people can't view the threads themselves in a board. If they click on one of the threads in one particular section, they will be taken to the login page.

huijaa

Right...

An example...

If guest see...
+---------
| MemberBoard                 4 topics     By name
| For members only           and           at today, 10:42
| Moderator: name           10 posts
+---------
When that guest clicks into, he gets a login page, but if he was a member, he gets a index of this board. i'm looking for a mod...
Dovenforum Nederland -- a forum for deaf people in the Netherlands --

Advertisement: