e107 bridge

Started by tbobker, April 06, 2007, 03:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbobker

Is the e107 bridge as easy to install as joomla? and does it still integrate the smf forum directly as a module like joomla?

I have smf in a directory off the root, so when i install e107 in the root is there a way to still redirect to the smf forum until i get e107 ready?

Orstio

QuoteIs the e107 bridge as easy to install as joomla?

e107 modules require that you upload the contents of the module to the e107_modules folder, and then install the module in the e107 admin panel, so not quite the same as Joomla.

Quoteand does it still integrate the smf forum directly as a module like joomla?

Yes.

QuoteI have smf in a directory off the root, so when i install e107 in the root is there a way to still redirect to the smf forum until i get e107 ready?

You can probably set up an index.html with a meta redirect in it.

morten5t

Quote from: Orstio on April 06, 2007, 10:42:23 PM
QuoteIs the e107 bridge as easy to install as joomla?

e107 modules require that you upload the contents of the module to the e107_modules folder, and then install the module in the e107 admin panel, so not quite the same as Joomla.

Quoteand does it still integrate the smf forum directly as a module like joomla?

Yes.

QuoteI have smf in a directory off the root, so when i install e107 in the root is there a way to still redirect to the smf forum until i get e107 ready?

You can probably set up an index.html with a meta redirect in it.

i downloaded the brigde from this site and it doesnt work... it just go to a smf.php -.-

Orstio

Did you install and configure the bridge module in the e107 admin panel?

Did you get the absolute path to SMF correct in the bridge module config?

morten5t

Quote from: Orstio on April 07, 2007, 04:55:51 PM
Did you install and configure the bridge module in the e107 admin panel?

Did you get the absolute path to SMF correct in the bridge module config?

as i understand the smf forum folder have to be in the smfbrigde plugin folder in e107 otherwise it will always go to the smf.php

also a question, in e107, the bridge plugin shows there is a upgrade available :P

Orstio

The smf.php is the bridge.  If you are not at the smf.php, you are not using the bridge.

morten5t

Quote from: Orstio on April 08, 2007, 09:44:35 PM
The smf.php is the bridge.  If you are not at the smf.php, you are not using the bridge.
¨

what i did was uploading the bridge to the e107 plugin folder. then i went to the plugin manager and installed it. it asked me for a path. it want the absolute path from the plugin folder or? because i kinda didnt understand it.

Orstio

Quotewhat i did was uploading the bridge to the e107 plugin folder. then i went to the plugin manager and installed it. it asked me for a path. it want the absolute path from the plugin folder or? because i kinda didnt understand it.

The plugin is not the forum.  You need to enter the absolute path to the forum.

olden

Hi to all, i have install the e107 bridge to with the option wrapper, that works fine on the start page, but when i go further then it dont stay in the wrap it acts like its unwrapped. Also i want to ask if somebody can explane me in a simple-way how or what i must do? that SMF-database and the e107-database compare.

bvd Jan

Orstio

QuoteHi to all, i have install the e107 bridge to with the option wrapper, that works fine on the start page, but when i go further then it dont stay in the wrap it acts like its unwrapped.

Can I see the URL?

olden

On this moment it don't wrap at all, when i click the form i only see this :  <link rel="contents" href="http://www.mab
unwrapped works perfectly!

This is the URL:  http://www.mabaji20.dyndns.org [nofollow]

And thanks for your quick reaction!

Orstio

Thanks.  It looks like you are running out of RAM on the page load.  For e107 and SMF, you should bump up the PHP RAM to 32MB.

Add this to your .htaccess:

php_value memory_limit 32M

olden

Hi thank you for your reply! but can you also tell me where i can find the .htaccess, i can't find it!

Orstio

If there isn't one, you'll need to create it.

Just create a text file, with that line in it, and save it as .htaccess.  Some text editors won't let you save it that way, which is fine -- just save it as htaccess.txt, and then after uploading it to your site, rename the uploaded file to .htaccess.

olden

And where must i put that file? in the direct. of smf ?

Orstio

You'd be best to put it in your e107 root folder.

olden

Thank you again! i go try it!

olden

I have done like you tell me! but i see no changes! when i click the forum everything looks well, but when i go in the forum it is not wrapped!
Maybe you have other suggestions? i like to here them!

Anyway thanks for your replys!

Regards Jan

Orstio

It doesn't seem to have worked -- the forum is still not loading completely for me and the code is being cut off as if the RAM is exhausted.

You may need to contact your host to get the RAM bumped up to 32MB.

olden

My site in on my own server! so that is no problem, but i don't know how i can the RAM bumped up to 32MB?

Regards

Advertisement: