News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Introducing SMF 2.0

Started by Grudge, April 08, 2007, 10:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mip69

Mvh Micke
www.ciklider.se

Tristan Perry

Amazing news :) Can't wait to get my hands on this!

Just wondering... can anyone confirm/hint at if there'd be any sort of SSI update/new function that would retrieve specific threads/posts from threads and display them on a website?

rockinaway

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!! Can't wait for the release.. go SMF go SMF
Have I helped you? Then please join AdminFuel - The forum for forum administrators.

If you need help managing your forum, or maybe launching it, then visit us and view the quality articles, downloads and posts.

Daniel15

Quote from: Tau Online on April 09, 2007, 06:45:42 AM
Just wondering... can anyone confirm/hint at if there'd be any sort of SSI update/new function that would retrieve specific threads/posts from threads and display them on a website?
If it's posted in the Functionality requests for SSI in the next version of SMF topic (which I think it is), I believe it will be worked on ;)

For now, have you seen the SSI Topic and Replies mod? :D
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

mgaidia

sweet!!
going to play with it then post my comments
great job (y)

casp3r

Brilliant news. One question - is there any option in the new design to show if a thread has attachments in it?
Aviation forum & gallery
www.niaviation.co.uk

mgaidia

few suggestions:
1. Better default theme
2. Language engine for mods: admin can translate mod from admin panel or upload a trasnlation xml or ini file ;)
3. CSS/Tablefree
4. Multilanguage support and topics prefix as in burning board.

Alan S

Whoo! CM's will hopefully get a beta in June , I cant wait!

Sounds great , The best addition in my opinion from reading the summary , Is that the mods will install on ALL themes , As many users have trouble with understanding coding at first and do not have the experience to modify the themes manually , Now because of that feature that problem goes away.
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

NEMINI

Quote from: Alan S on April 09, 2007, 09:10:07 AM
Whoo! CM's will hopefully get a beta in June , I cant wait!

Sounds great , The best addition in my opinion from reading the summary , Is that the mods will install on ALL themes , As many users have trouble with understanding coding at first and do not have the experience to modify the themes manually , Now because of that feature that problem goes away.

doubtful.  there will still be a lot of failure messages.  people will still need to know ho to edit files. 
signatures are boring.

Dannii

It's impossible to ensure that all mods install on all themes, unless all themes are the same. What it will do is try to install it on other themes. If the themes are similar, it might succeed. If they're very different, then it won't.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

mgaidia

then why not unifying all themes

!Hachi!

looking awesome.can't wait to get hand on  2.0 :P
                       good lluck SMF team with all tests going on and for future.
btw can we post attachment while leaving message body empty in 2.0?and what about quick reply in Ajax?
Happy Ramadan

Dannii

Quote from: mgaidia on April 09, 2007, 09:29:33 AM
then why not unifying all themes
Because we want to let our designers design.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

mgaidia

i meant following the same designing guidelines

fiver

It's always exciting to see the next version of SMF! Can't wait to try it!

Any changes to the Packages section? One suggestion about Mod Packages:

In smf 1.1.xx and older, configurations and settings for each mod seems to be all over the place... and it's very confusing to find "where to set what".

Perhaps it will be better to click on Packages to show a list of Mod names (as it is now in SMF1.1.xx). Then click on a Mod name to get to the setting page of that mod.

Think of it like an email system... click on the Inbox to show a list of Email subjects, click on an Email subject to get to the details.

Maybe this idea will make it easier for mod writers as well. Hope I've express myself clearly. ;D

Thanks again for constantly improving on SMF. Great job guys!

Dannii

Even if they followed all the guidelines it's still not possible.

seyfinan

mersindost

When We Can Used This Version?(Turkish)
I Am Simple Machines Hero, Because I LOVE Simple Machines

mersindost

Quote from: mersindost on April 09, 2007, 10:33:28 AM
When We Can Used This Version?(Turkish)

Soryy İ Not See This Word  :-[

Charter Members come June this year, with the first public beta likely to be around late October.
I Am Simple Machines Hero, Because I LOVE Simple Machines

SleePy

Remember no offical Time table is set. The developers may not want to release 2.0 if it contains some serious bugs at the time as well as other factors may slow the release.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: