News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Introducing SMF 2.0

Started by Grudge, April 08, 2007, 10:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvroy

Very nice and cannot wait!

Good luck with the next release folks!

GameCube

NTA

Awesome  :D The WYSIWYG editor seems really nice - maybe FCKEditor  :P and other JScript system using JQuery or Mootools  8) ...

Keep ROCKING....Thank you!!!  ;D

Daniel15

QuoteThe WYSIWYG editor seems really nice - maybe FCKEditor
SMF is not licensed under the GPL, and because of this, we can't bundle any GPLed software with it (as far as I know, you can only bundle software licensed under the GPL if your software itself is licensed under the GPL).
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

milleniumbug

Its looking good so far, and I really like the new features. I tried 4 or 5 different forums, including phpBB before installing SMF, and found SMF to be the best by far. It is so simple to admin, and the support available is amazing.

Keep up the good work :D

Shadow Queen

What all going to be in this version?

Harro

Read the first post.
But more features could be added.

L.G.S

WYSIWYG isn't working for me, I click reply and then its just a blacked out post box.

Quick reply works alright though, no WYSIWYG
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Shonick

This is so great.I can not wait until there :D .But I have problem in searching inside a topic right now, on this board.

Before simply when I was inside a topic.At the top I saw the search box.Then I put the keyword and search it (inside the topic).But now I have to search at least a child board.That is too big while I only need to search in only 1 topic.
  Do you have any idea about this?

Zwerko

I can only say GO GO GO  ;) SMF is THE best :)

Garps

I like SMF very much. It's feature-rich, simple & free. I wish I have had time to engage actively in developing mods or developing SMF itself. For time being and for months now (or years to come) I would be using it.

BlackMagic48

Wow.. quite impressive!

Thanks, developers, your constant hardwork is always so much appreciated.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: viet on April 10, 2007, 05:14:52 PM
   This is so great.I can not wait until there :D .But I have problem in searching inside a topic right now, on this board.

Before simply when I was inside a topic.At the top I saw the search box.Then I put the keyword and search it (inside the topic).But now I have to search at least a child board.That is too big while I only need to search in only 1 topic.
  Do you have any idea about this?

Click on the "^" image in the upper right-hand corner ;)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Shadow Queen

I did read the first post.  I guess I am so glad for this the new version.

SleePy

Quote from: mattithjah on April 10, 2007, 08:28:12 AM
Man I can't wait to test it! And also make new versions of my mods..

2.0 has lots of changes. So you may have to rewrite parts of your mods to work. I rewrote 75% of my mods to use more of 2.0 features and actually work with 2.0.. Only 1 mod didn't need editing to work with 2.0  :P
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Dannii

Quote from: Grudge on April 10, 2007, 09:03:28 AMIn terms of the WYSIWYG editor it is relatively basic and is also going to require extensive testing. It's extremely complex getting these things to work cross browser - I know, for example, that it's not working on toggle mode for Firefox (Which I intend to fix).

Also the WYSIWYG editor will probably fall apart a little bit if people start doing crazy stuff with it - at least initially whilst the bugs are worked out. If anyone knows any javascript experts who want to give me a hand let me know :D

And yes, the editor is something the admin can disable and something that the users can toggle (Both in preferences and in live use).
If you want to get it working cross browser, have a look at the Base2 library.

How does it work? Is the real text stored as BBCode, which is then converted into HTML? You could always replicate the PHP BBCode parser in JS :P
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Joshua Dickerson

Quote from: eldʌkaː on April 10, 2007, 06:14:31 PM
You could always replicate the PHP BBCode parser in JS :P
I could only imagine how long that would take to view your changes...
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Dannii

I'd do that only for changing tags, not for adding text. And it wouldn't take too long ;) Well maybe it would for 20kb posts, but not for small ones.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Shadow Queen

Quote from: SleePy on April 10, 2007, 06:04:56 PM
Quote from: mattithjah on April 10, 2007, 08:28:12 AM
Man I can't wait to test it! And also make new versions of my mods..

2.0 has lots of changes. So you may have to rewrite parts of your mods to work. I rewrote 75% of my mods to use more of 2.0 features and actually work with 2.0.. Only 1 mod didn't need editing to work with 2.0  :P

Wow, I guess the mod maker's have to rewrit the mod's to work with the new version.  What about the theme's?

[Dark.Shadow]

Oh, god, i have to become a charter member or staff >.< xD i can't wait until october....

Advertisement: