News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Introducing SMF 2.0

Started by Grudge, April 08, 2007, 10:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gosu Schwarz

Question: Once the beta is released to Charter Members and I signed up for the Charter Membership could I provide a domain with the beta installed for anyone to test it out?

Daniel15

TheBlackKnight, I think that's fine, but I'm not too sure.
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

SleePy

To be safe you should wait for the public beta though. I am going to wait myself till the public beta to upgrade my public test site to 2.0
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Dragooon

I think if you are a Charter member you should take this for your site but I think SMF for consider it illegal for distirbuting to ones who dont have Charter membership.

Daniel15

Dragooon, TheBlackKnight was not talking about redistributing it, he was asking about having the beta installed on one of his sites, so other people can test it out
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

SleePy

And as said it is probably best to wait for the public release so there is no conflicts or problems with a open test forum of a private beta with what TheBlackKnight wants to do.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

tetem

how many longer i can wait ?????

Sarge

Quote from: tetem on April 15, 2007, 07:47:02 AM
how many longer i can wait ?????

Read the end of the first post.

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

Gosu Schwarz

Very well. :) How long will it probably be after t he CM release till it is released for the public?

Dragooon

Hmm October.
Read the first post

Defiant

Quote from: daniel15 on April 09, 2007, 12:19:52 AM
Digg it!

QuoteBTW I seem to be missing a few words at the end of some sentences (using IE7). When replying to the posts, the missing words do show up.
It's a known problem with this new theme, and will be fixed soon ;)

I did note the default theme is basically the same so is this planned for the end product ?  I believe the bots find it hard to index this

Gary

Quote from: Dragooon on April 15, 2007, 08:38:03 AM
Hmm October.
Read the first post

October for a public release
June for a Charter.

-ALM
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Defiant

Well there be a temporary beta/RC section (public) for SMF2.0 so it doesn't get put in with the current finals

Gary

I would imagine that for supporting 2.0 we will use the the same boards we have already. It was like that when 1.1 was RC and I dont see it changing for 2.0...

-ALM
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

codenaught

I just want to mention before anyone tries to hold us true to releasing SMF 2.0 for the June/October Charter Member/Public beta release date, please read the end of the post carefully.

QuoteWhilst we are not able to commit to a firm timetable for release of 2.0 we are hoping to get an initial beta in the hands of our Charter Members come June this year, with the first public beta likely to be around late October.
This is what we hope will happen but we cannot make a definite promise. In fact many people have criticized us in the past about not giving some kind of release date time frame, and if this estimate proves to be wrong and people show that they are upset we could just point people to the users' reactions next time someone asks why we didn't give a release date for SMF and even say that we didn't say the date was for sure either. ;)
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Defiant

When it's ready its ready as I'm sure most will agree.  I myself wont be touching it till rc1 or 2

Tristan Perry

Sounds great - I'll have finished my exams in June, hence I'll probably buy a charter membership then (I can't wait to try out SMF 2.0 - plus many of its features are ones that I've wanted for a while). Hopefully it'll be stable enough for a busy forum? :P

SleePy

Quote from: Tau Online on April 15, 2007, 11:23:07 AM
Sounds great - I'll have finished my exams in June, hence I'll probably buy a charter membership then (I can't wait to try out SMF 2.0 - plus many of its features are ones that I've wanted for a while). Hopefully it'll be stable enough for a busy forum? :P

It should be if We are running it here  :P

Tristan Perry

aglioeolio

Thanks SMF LLC and developers we´re all greatfull for your work!!

Advertisement: