Introducing SMF 2.0

Started by Grudge, April 08, 2007, 10:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitins60

Quote from: groundup on April 16, 2007, 10:54:51 AM
Quote from: Toomany on April 16, 2007, 10:44:31 AM
And what about openID integration? :)
Feature requests belong in the feature request board, but it is in discussion. Maybe as a mod though.
it would be better as default feature :)

Thantos

OpenID is something I want to add.  It is something that I will add.  However I don't know exactly when it'll make it in.  I'm hoping for 2.0 but I can't make that promise.

Harro

Joshua Dickerson

Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

trecool999

Yay!

Thanks to the SMF Team for making my dreams come true... again...!

kerrang!

Great news.

I can't wait! The new smf theme is looking quite nice too. Good work to all those involved in smf, it's quickly becoming better and better.

So kudos,
~Kerrang
I'm my own worst enemy! :P

Css Help <--Having difficulty matching the look of the code function with the style of "quote".. =)

fugiFox

Great news!
You are always impressing us with your job.
With a first look I believe that one of the most important features added
as far as the simple user is concerned is
the mouseover dropdown menus, something that has been requested many times.

Moderation center seems very functional and practical.

Can't wait for a public release to test it 8)

Daniel15

OpenID would be very nice, but I'm not sure how hard it is to integrate.
I use OpenID myself, and I used to have it enabled on my blog via a WordPress plugin (but didn't reinstall it when I upgraded... I really should reinstall it :P)
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

5cakids

Quote from: eldʌkaː on April 15, 2007, 09:57:31 PM
Quote from: 5cakids on April 15, 2007, 03:13:06 PMAny chance of ever getting a User CP kinda like VB? That is the only thing my members seem to complain about.
What can they do in a user CP that they can't already do?

Well you can hit User CP and it shows your subscribed thread, I dunno it just looks cleaner.

FTR I LOVE SM!!!

Joshua Dickerson

Quote from: daniel15 on April 17, 2007, 06:23:39 AM
OpenID would be very nice, but I'm not sure how hard it is to integrate.
I use OpenID myself, and I used to have it enabled on my blog via a WordPress plugin (but didn't reinstall it when I upgraded... I really should reinstall it :P)
It isn't easy. Takes a lot of code to integrate it.

Rob Roye

Didn't have time to read all 20 pages, but from what I see looking around - 2.0 is fantastic. I eagerly await the time I can upgrade both of my forums to SMF2. The new features are great and it looks awesome. I won't even need another theme for it!
One day it will be a brave new tomorrow. Humanity will soar to new heights and achieve new and great things that will impact far more than just us. We will be known far and wide for the many good things we will do and have entire populations in awe of us. But for now at least, the world still sucks.

nitins60

Althoug OpenID s difficult to code, but it's features are outstanding! You can't compare both of them! Can you?

Oldiesmann

Quote from: 5cakids on April 17, 2007, 10:39:28 AM
Quote from: eldʌkaː on April 15, 2007, 09:57:31 PM
Quote from: 5cakids on April 15, 2007, 03:13:06 PMAny chance of ever getting a User CP kinda like VB? That is the only thing my members seem to complain about.
What can they do in a user CP that they can't already do?

Well you can hit User CP and it shows your subscribed thread, I dunno it just looks cleaner.

FTR I LOVE SM!!!

It's only one additional click to get that info in SMF (Profile -> Notifications)...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Aaron

Well, now that we have these dropdown menus, it'd be easy to add "Notifications" to the Profile dropdown menu. :)

Thantos

Quote from: Aäron on April 17, 2007, 01:42:16 PM
Well, now that we have these dropdown menus, it'd be easy to add "Notifications" to the Profile dropdown menu. :)
Hmmm, that might be a good one to have by default.  Not sure 100% though.

iannnnn

โอ้โห ขอบคุณมากๆ ครับ
Very very thanks!  ;D

(I hope to see a new icon.)

Joshua Dickerson

Quote from: nitins60 on April 17, 2007, 12:14:25 PM
Althoug OpenID s difficult to code, but it's features are outstanding! You can't compare both of them! Can you?
I am not saying that it isn't awesome. I am in full support of it. I think the entire team can agree with that statement. What I am saying is that it requires quite a bit of code and support for it isn't as easy as dropping in a file.

navjotjsingh

Hey I was so desperate to test that I signed up as charter member just now just to get 2.0 earlier!! :P

Defiant

How long does it usually take from the first beta to get around to RC.  12 months, 24 months etc ?

Advertisement: