News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Introducing SMF 2.0

Started by Grudge, April 08, 2007, 10:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madfiddler

My take on customisable profiles, is that these should be linked into the permissions. Different membergroups have access to different areas of customised profiles. This then makes the paid subscriptions mod work better since you can really allow extra features to subscribers rather than taking away most profile features to non-subscribers as is the case at the moment.

Ignore catagories (boards) would be good for me too ;)

Mods to all themes is a great addition :)

Hope the ban system gets improved too cos atm, banned members can still log in to 1.1.2

青山 素子

If you are having problems with the ban system, post a support topic on it.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

babjusi

Quote from: madfiddler on April 23, 2007, 10:50:53 PM
My take on customisable profiles, is that these should be linked into the permissions. Different membergroups have access to different areas of customised profiles. This then makes the paid subscriptions mod work better since you can really allow extra features to subscribers rather than taking away most profile features to non-subscribers as is the case at the moment.

Ignore catagories (boards) would be good for me too ;)

Mods to all themes is a great addition :)

Hope the ban system gets improved too cos atm, banned members can still log in to 1.1.2

The ban system works great at 1.1.2. I would even say it has the most efficient banning system from all the other forum softwares

madfiddler

Quote from: Motoko-chan on April 23, 2007, 11:42:22 PM
If you are having problems with the ban system, post a support topic on it.

been there, done that ;) honest...

Pranav

Wow!Great news! There are so many good features..Keep it up SMF team!

Modboy

wow great  ;D
best forum system ever!
hxxp:bf2.darkmatter-clan.com/ [nonactive]

mythus

Very impressive! And just when I thought things couldn't get any better, the SMF gods say "Behold! SMF 2.0!"

The features of SMF 2.0 rises over the competition. Poor IPB and vB patrons and their horribly outdated software...

yexusbeliever

awesome! looking forward to this release.  I just hope that smf will not be bloated like vb though.  I like all the features, except the only feature that I think is unnecessary is the rules-making feature.  Still I guess others will like it more than me.  I have no problem seeing it in the release.  :)

nathan42100

SleePy

We already have a Small select team of Beta testers. But you would need to contact the Project Managers. Our beta group is kinda large though as it is so you may be denied for a number of reasons.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Weird1993

This is going to be great!  I love the sond of it already.  I just wish it would come sooner. :)

SleePy

The devs wouldn't want to release software that they know has bugs in it and has had some testing. Which is why the team does testing to ensure you guys are not getting as may bugs  ;)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

bartcelona

Great news!

Feature suggestion; filtering on Karma or author, or group that you can create. Obviously I know this could have negative effects that new users comments are "hidden" realizing they could be valuable.  Still with the volume of postings in some forums it might help to focus a bit.

Regards and THANKS !

breezie

This is exactly what I am looking for and I hope it makes the June release date .

Harro

Remember, june is onyl for charter members ;)

Tristan Perry

Remember, June isn't a definite, though ;) (I'll still become a charter member in June, though :P)

Papa

I really hope this comes with more "built in" themes. I like the ones that comes with SMF the most, the chance of bugs or issues is a LOT lower.

I think if they were to add in more themes to the default install, I would really then have to make the step to become a charter member.

But I'm very excited about this new release either way.

青山 素子

Quote from: Papa on April 25, 2007, 06:09:57 PM
I really hope this comes with more "built in" themes. I like the ones that comes with SMF the most, the chance of bugs or issues is a LOT lower.

I think if they were to add in more themes to the default install, I would really then have to make the step to become a charter member.

That would make the install a LOT bigger you know.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Harro

Currently SMF already has 3 themes.
It's more then enough.
phpBB and other only have 1 I believe.

L.G.S

Quote from: Harro on April 26, 2007, 03:23:20 AM
Currently SMF already has 3 themes.
It's more then enough.
phpBB and other only have 1 I believe.

You don't have to keep them, just delete them.

Or they could bring out different download packs for the themes you want
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Advertisement: