News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Username and password on another forum

Started by ~DS~, January 06, 2010, 01:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

I just created a demo site for testing and I was wonder if it's possible to have the same username and password from my current forum like Multi Forum Mod but instead I choose which members can access so they don't need to sign up and register again.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Kindred

is the first forum on the same server?

You can turn on OpenID registration which would allow them to share their OpenID account across sites, and then turn on the Admin approval required for membership in order to keep out the riff raff.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

~DS~

I get a error: "The requested identifier did not return the proper information."
Want to clarify what I mean, let's say this way:

This is regular member

mysite.com  username: Shadow, password: 12345

mydemosite.com  username: Shadow, password: 12345

They are hosted under the same server but different domain.

Same or Shared account, which mean they don't have to register again, just enter the username and password. I know it can be done via Open ID or the database but I dont know how.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Advertisement: