News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Post reminder

Started by TheDel, April 18, 2007, 11:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDel

One of the communities I visit is a vbulletin board and looks like it has a feature that gives you a friendly reminder to post if you haven't done so in quite some time. I guess you can call it a courteous way of calling you a lurker? But is there a mod out there that does something similiar?

(Im assuming something like this isnt in the main software package so I would assume its a mod and considering I really dont know what to call it- it would be kinda difficult to do a search for it)

Any help would be great!

Thanks

TheDel

OK I reworded the subject so hopefully someone can at least respond- heck even yell at me lol

Anyway- its definately an add-on for vbulletin but the site owner who told me has no idea what it was called.  the mod would be something that tracks when someone last posted and posts a message on the board right where the news would go that says-

Hello <member> it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

It also suggest newbies post when they join too.

Kindred

For some reason, I think this was done back with the 1.0.x series...

However, it shouldn't be too difficult.
When the user logs in, check the last posted date, if value is greater than X, display an alert, similar to the new PMs alert.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: