News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

A few feature requests...

Started by wxtracker93, April 19, 2007, 08:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wxtracker93

- Ability to override memebergroup permissions/settings for a specific member (i.e. able to change permissions for a specific member without having to create a new group or change the permissions for the group they are currently in)

- Built in feature to create a page listing board guidelines instead of having to use something like the "Custom Action Mod"

- In addition to being able to restrict a member's PM privaledges, being able to mass-edit all members' PM ignore list (i.e. these specific membergroups automatically have this member on all of the groups' members' ignore list)

- Ability to disable/hide the topic type and topic icon columns in the Forum/"View New Posts" view

- When a mod/admin moves a topic, instead of creating a new topic that has the link to the original topic inside of it, make the "MOVED: [Topic Title]" link in the forum/"view new posts" view link directly to the new topic

That's all I can think of for now.  Thanks a lot for considering them to be included in future versions of SMF/new mods.

EDIT: new request - ability to change wear you are redirected after making a new post/reply to a topic (redirected to the topic you just posted in, to the board the topic is in, to the board index, etc.).

Brett

KGIII

1. I would call that member-specific permissions.
2. Already in the "rules."
3. The P in there is Personal. Hmm...
4. You can probably do this? I am not sure entirely what you want BUT... I suspect you can.
5. Maybe - stored in the DB though and this MAY make it resource intensive. Fantastic idea though.

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

wxtracker93

I thought of one more pretty good one--when you are making a reply to a topic, being able to include a quote of my than one previous reply.

Rudolf

You can already do that. In the topic summary click on "Insert quote", or if you have quick reply just click on quote next to the post.
However, this site there's a bug with "Insert quote".
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

wxtracker93

Bump....just want to remind developers as you guys are working on SMF 2.0 to possibly take some of these into consideration.  Thanks greatly.

Advertisement: