problem with applying mods with joomla bridge (page does not exist)

Started by dartagnan32, April 21, 2007, 07:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartagnan32

Hello,

I tried to install a mod, and as it was not working as I hoped, I tried to modify it and load it again. Till then no problem. But when I tried to apply it, and now it does it with all mods, I reach the error 404 page does not exist.
the url that it tries to reach is http://www.asian-addict.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,99999999/action,packages/sa,install/package,cbi-1.zip
(this is an smf forum linked to joomla)
But it worked before.
So what should I do?
I tried tio chmod to 777 and create a folder temp chmoded 777 also in packages but it didn't work.
I reach this same error when I click on apply a mod, list files, or delete.

Thanks for any help

xenovanis

Can you install mods with the standalone forum?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

dartagnan32

Oh yes right!
I changed the path to forums in my smf joomla bridge so that SMF is alone again, went to admin and applied mod and it worked...
So do I have to do that each time I want to apply a mod?
I guess I have to report the bug to the person making the bridge...

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Kindred

it's a problem with your site...   itemid=99999999 means that your site has issues.

It may be related to your SEF.

as for what you did...   you changed the path to the forums in the bridge?  Why would you do that? Just leave the bridge alone and go to the stand-alone forum.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dartagnan32

Yes it was due to the SEF. I removed the "SEF" function and now all works...
Cause even the boards were not working...
Compatibility between this bridge and SEF URL will be possible in the future? Cause I'd really like to keep this function on...
Quoteas for what you did...   you changed the path to the forums in the bridge?
In the bridge, I just said where was installed SMF, in the path to smf field which is in my case /home/asian23/public_html/forums  ... I don't understand what I did wrong? I did not change the path, I just indicated which one it was... What should I write? I just installed this bridge cause I want people to be able to login in smf or joomla and be logged in in both at the same time...
I don't understand why I have this itemid=99999... What issue does that relate to?
By the way, I have also community builder there... and converted from phpbb before bridging smf...

thanks

edit: sorry I understand what you said now but I cam back to the bridged version now so as I said it seems to work without SEF on, but I still have iten ID 9999 in the url...
And in this site http://www.chaindlk.com/community, he just has "community", so I should have only "forums"... Do you have any idea where it could be from?

dartagnan32

OK I am so sorry!
Entirely my fault!
It seems I forgot to remove joomphpbb sql entry in my database after migration, and I think it works now  :P
even with SEF on  ;D

thanks for the help

chadness

Just double checking, but you should only be using the SEF functions within Joomla, not the ones in SMF.

dartagnan32

Yeap, I never used any SEF functions in SMF.
But it works now, It was my mistake I forgot to remove everything that was in charge of bridging phpbb before ;-)
thanks for the help

I had a couple of mistakes by the converter though, like letters missing in the avatar folder and in messages, but this is another issue I'll open a new thread for this if I need.

Advertisement: