Forum Title

Started by byon, May 08, 2007, 01:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byon

Hi

How do i change the forum title to append with $context['page_title'] whenever it loads to other pages?

I've been looking for this out for almost three days, to no avail still.  :'(
Please assist!

Kays

Where do you want to change it? The forum name is displayed in a number of places.

And what is it you want to add?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

babjusi

I think u can change the forum title at the server configuration at your administrator''s panel

byon

Like this page. If the default page title is SimpleMachines Forum, I would like to have it like this on all pages,

$context['page_title'] - <thread title>
e.g.,
SimpleMachines Forum - Forum Title

babjusi

Quote from: byon on May 08, 2007, 02:48:49 PM
Like this page. If the default page title is SimpleMachines Forum, I would like to have it like this on all pages,

$context['page_title'] - <thread title>
e.g.,
SimpleMachines Forum - Forum Title

Try server configuration at your administrator''s panel, where it says for the board name, put there whatever you wish and click save at the end

Kays

If you want to change what the browser displays on the header bar and the buttons.

In Index.template.php in the default theme and/or the theme you're using find:

Quote<title>', $context['page_title'], '</title>';

and add your forum name here:

Quote<title>MyForum :: ', $context['page_title'], '</title>';

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

byon

babjusi : thanks.. nope that title only applies to the boardindex. the other pages wouldnt have the pagetitle there.

Kays : thanks.. i've been there before. but that's not the title i want to change. take for instance this page we're in. look at the title of this page. it doesnt have SimpleMachines Forum before my Topic title.

Kays

You've kinda lost me. The only place that I can't see SimpleMachines Forums is at the top of this thread.

Author Topic: Forum Title  (Read 20 times) 

My Mods

byon

okay check out this screenshot.
look at the <title></title>

it doesnt have Page Title.

where as on the boardindex page, http://www.simplemachines.org/community/ , you see the page title there.

Kays

If you're talking about this, then that's what I posted.

Use this instead. No need to enter the forum name

<title>',  strpos($context['page_title'],$context['forum_name']) === false ? $context['forum_name']. ' - ' : '',  $context['page_title'], '</title>';

My Mods

byon

Quote from: Kays on May 08, 2007, 04:54:05 PM
If you're talking about this, then that's what I posted.

Use this instead. No need to enter the forum name

<title>',  strpos($context['page_title'],$context['forum_name']) === false ? $context['forum_name']. ' - ' : '',  $context['page_title'], '</title>';

OH YES! So it's forum_name. dame. i used the wrong variable in my explanation above..
That's the one i want. consider this solved.

Thanks kays!

Kays

Good, glad we got that sorted out. :D

My Mods

Advertisement: