News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Attachements layout

Started by Harro, May 07, 2007, 07:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harro

Link to Mod

This small modification will change how attachments are displayed in a post.
It'll seperate the images from other files.
Clicking on an image will open it full size in a new window..

Changelog
Version 1.3 released.
Package updated for SMF 1.1.4 and hopefully also future versions.

Version 1.2 released.
Package updated for SMF 1.1.3

Version 1.1 released.
Small bug fix with undefined variables & index.

RoarinRow

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Harro

Not right now.
But the screenshots show exactly how it looks like.

RoarinRow

Quote from: Harro on May 08, 2007, 04:12:52 AM
Not right now.
But the screenshots show exactly how it looks like.

ahhh, I missed that, thanks.  Very cool.   8)

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

qtime

I am looking for a mod who is showing the pictures to for example registered members and showing the movies only for example donators.

Is it possible to check the status before showing the attachements??

Harro

Better if you ask such a thing in the mod request section since it's not related to this mod.

qtime

ok, I did, but I thought (hoped) you can manage it... thanks for replaying and thanks for making a nice mod!

TheSin

I just installed 1.1 and when I click it doesn't open in a new window it downloads, any way to change this?  or can lytebox be added to the onclick?  That would be awesome!

http://www.dolem.com/lytebox/ [nofollow]

Quote from: Harro on May 07, 2007, 07:33:43 AM
Link to Mod

This small modification will change how attachments are displayed in a post.
It'll seperate the images from other files.
Clicking on an image will open it full size in a new window..

Changelog
Version 1.1 released.
Small bug fix with undefined variables & index.
-- TS

Harro

Can you show me a link where it downloads in stead of opens (if needed a test account as well, you can pm it to me if you want).
Also got a little experience with jQuery (similar to scriptaculous and prototype) so I'll see what I can do about that lytebox :)
Thanks for the suggestion.

TheSin

I can't cause i have it working already.  I got slimbox working with it.  and I'll like to send it back to you guys, I have a patched version of the work but I dont' know how to inject the needed js and css files into the header, I manually added them, but I assume there is a better way?  I dont' like the patch idea cause what if an other patch uses them and already modified the header to include them?

but f you would like to see it, http://castor.bluefalls.ca/ [nofollow], you'll need to register then it's under the testing board in the testing new image function topic.

Was gonig to PM you the files, there are 2 js files and 1 css and the new Pacakge for SMF to use it.  PM me an email address and I'll send em to you.  Also in the Package I used the image id for instead of filename, just didn't know the array and was rushing and tired of debuging :D  But you'll see it.

Quote from: Harro on May 11, 2007, 05:26:01 PM
Can you show me a link where it downloads in stead of opens (if needed a test account as well, you can pm it to me if you want).
Also got a little experience with jQuery (similar to scriptaculous and prototype) so I'll see what I can do about that lytebox :)
-- TS

TheSin

I just added to the mod so that it added the lightbar effect to offsite images too ;)

Still no idea what the best way to include those three new fiels and inject them into head is yet!

Quote from: TheSin on May 11, 2007, 05:36:14 PM
I can't cause i have it working already.  I got slimbox working with it.  and I'll like to send it back to you guys, I have a patched version of the work but I dont' know how to inject the needed js and css files into the header, I manually added them, but I assume there is a better way?  I dont' like the patch idea cause what if an other patch uses them and already modified the header to include them?

but f you would like to see it, http://castor.bluefalls.ca/ [nofollow], you'll need to register then it's under the testing board in the testing new image function topic.

Was gonig to PM you the files, there are 2 js files and 1 css and the new Pacakge for SMF to use it.  PM me an email address and I'll send em to you.  Also in the Package I used the image id for instead of filename, just didn't know the array and was rushing and tired of debuging :D  But you'll see it.

Quote from: Harro on May 11, 2007, 05:26:01 PM
-- TS

tanny

Harro

Nice! If you want you can send me the modded files so I can take a look at them :)

TheSin

sure just tell me where and they are yours ;)

I'd attach them here but I don't wnat to mislead ppl to think it's a real release, I'm sure with out the css and js includes it'll error a ton!

I'm in Quebec right now but I'll be back in Alberta on monday I'll get it all into one zip and send it over, just PM me an email to send it to.  I hope you can figure it out cause I'd like to just have one full package to install so it's easier on the next smf upgrade won't overwrite my changes and such and I don' thave to remembe rhow to do it by hand :D not that it's super hard just one less thing I need to worry about :D
Quote from: Harro on May 12, 2007, 06:23:28 PM
Nice! If you want you can send me the modded files so I can take a look at them :)
-- TS

goitalone

I installed but do not see where to change the settings.

Where are the settings?

I looked in attachments and didn't see anything new..I don't think anyway.

Harro

There are no settings. It just changes the way attachements are displayed.
It should look like the screenshots I took.

Any chance you are not using the default theme?
Then you'll have to install it manually.

goitalone

Quote from: Harro on May 14, 2007, 03:14:56 AM
There are no settings. It just changes the way attachements are displayed.
It should look like the screenshots I took.

Any chance you are not using the default theme?
Then you'll have to install it manually.

LOL, I'll play with it later to see if it's working correctly...I just messed up my package installs and have to redo everything.

Was trying to get the youtube xhtml version mod to work with the streaming mod and f'ed everything up somehow LOL...I am always not backing up before I try stuff like this so it's my fault.

Sheree

hi i installed this mod problem is it showed some code on top of my site this is the code that showed

$txt['Attached_files'] = 'Attached files'; $txt['Other_attached_files'] = 'Other attached file(s)'; $txt['Thumbnails'] = 'Thumbnail(s)';

here's my site url: http://our-crib.com/index.php

please help me i've un-installed the mod but the codes are still on top of my site
what should i do?

TheSin

do you have a guess login account?  I checked and I don't see the code but I can't get by the login...

Quote from: Sheree on May 19, 2007, 09:15:47 PM
hi i installed this mod problem is it showed some code on top of my site this is the code that showed

$txt['Attached_files'] = 'Attached files'; $txt['Other_attached_files'] = 'Other attached file(s)'; $txt['Thumbnails'] = 'Thumbnail(s)';

here's my site url: http://our-crib.com/index.php [nofollow]

please help me i've un-installed the mod but the codes are still on top of my site
what should i do?
-- TS

Bulakbol

Quote from: Sheree on May 19, 2007, 09:15:47 PM

here's my site url: http://our-crib.com/index.php

what should i do?

I registered in your site and didn't see any codes on top. Probably fixed? Nice site.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Advertisement: