News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Attachements layout

Started by Harro, May 07, 2007, 07:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSin

Thanks for clearing that up Harro, I was wondering about that.

Hope you don;t mind me posting the mod here, if you okay with it I'd like to just give it to you to maintain, and I just help when I have time.  It's mostly all your code anyhow with a slightly modified version of slimbox for images, which is think is pretty neat.  But like I said above I'd like to make a small admin panel to enable and disable that option.

Let me know what you think.

Quote from: Harro on October 15, 2007, 11:34:02 AM
I'll try to update this mod this evening.
On a side note: mods always only install on the default theme. You have to install it manually for other themes.
-- TS

lindawing

I've been reading through all the other entries here, and don't see my particular problem.

Several months ago, I installed this mod, and at first it worked great. I had two panes--one with picture attachments, and one with file attachments.

Then I realized just a couple of weeks ago that that had stopped happening...I'm not sure when.

I have updated to 1.1.4 and am using the default theme.

I was going to uninstall the mod and try reinstalling it to get it to work again, but then I found that 1.1.4 reports that this (and one other of my mods) has no uninstaller. I went to the mod site and downloaded your newer version, and tried to install it without uninstalling the old version, because I have NO idea how to do that manually--or even if it COULD be done manually.

The newer version says it cannot be installed. However, now it says it IS installed, and it shows that the older version is NOT installed, yet now the new one cannot be uninstalled.

Following the directions I found somewhere here in the forum, I downloaded the Package Parser application and tried to uninstall the Attachments Layout mod that way. The attached picture shows what happened then.

I'm only thankful that my attachments in my forum ARE still attaching, and that this messed-up mod isn't impacting that. I would, though, like to be able to uninstall it, or at LEAST make it work the way it should!

If you can help, please do.

Linda

Harro

Updated the mod for SMF 1.1.4

@lindawing: Do you have any other mods installed?
If you don't just upload a fresh copy of Display.template.php to your Themes\default folder and a frech copy of Display.php to your Sources directory.

lindawing

Harro--

Was just reading your post on the other thread:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=202923.new;topicseen#new

Thanks for the update for 1.1.4 (your Attachments Layout vs. 1.3). I had just found out how to go about uninstalling the older versions by using the 1.1.3 emulation for the packages display page, when I checked on your mod and found that you had uploaded the update for 1.1.4.

Thank you! All is working fine, now.

Linda

Harro

Good to hear that.
Let me know if you run into problems again :)

lindawing

sbk

G'day,

Am just trying to get this mod (ver 1.3) to work and encountered the following:

- no problem with installation
- says it's applied ok with 1.1.14

- BUT actually doing what it's supposed to do = no.
- it's currently just displaying attachments as per normal.

see the following hxxp:plugintv.net/forum/index.php?topic=825.0 [nonactive]

Have had a bit of a go at sorting this out, but no luck. Any starting ideas anyone?

lindawing

sbk--It works fine for me (photos above, other attachments below). Here's a shot of how it looks in my forum. If you look at the expanded version of that attachment, you can see how it differs from the way the attachments layout works right here in this forum.

Harro

If you are not using the default theme you'll have to do the theme changes manually.
Take a look here: Manual Installation of Mods

Eddy Matthews

One thing that I miss after installing you mod harro - Is the number of times a file or image has been viewed by the users. Would it be possible to include that in the display?

Regards
Eddy

rumfa

Is there a possibility using this attachment=1 thing  for displaing the file url only. What schould be changed in the codefor making this possible? I ask this, because i would like to have the possibility to add full images when uploading, or aligning them with the align mod witch can be found here.

To make it clear
insert (attachment=1)  - but no to display "tabled" thumbnail image with the file underneath, but only the url of the file. In that way i use this mod as a normal url image link.

In the phpbb2 is the image upload different. When you want to upload something, you first upload it and get the url witch you can use in the way you want. In SMF you can find the url onla after you uploaded and open the fullsize image.

Eddy Matthews

Quote from: Eddy Matthews on March 26, 2008, 05:02:23 AM
One thing that I miss after installing you mod harro - Is the number of times a file or image has been viewed by the users. Would it be possible to include that in the display?

Regards
Eddy

Bump - Anyone?

Regards
Eddy

rumfa

hey..where is the 1.1 version? A downloaded it few days ago.
Oh..I just saw it. it was i similar mod. Not attachment playout but positioning.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1159
IT looks very same like yours...sorry for the mistake

kai920

Can this mod coexist with attachments positioning mod? It'd be great if they could!

lindawing

kai920--I use both in my forum. They work just fine together.

kai920

Quote from: lindawing on June 09, 2008, 05:40:11 PM
kai920--I use both in my forum. They work just fine together.

hey linda, do you mind sending me a link or a screenshot of what it looks like?

lindawing

A screenshot would be hard, because you have the attachments laid out at the bottom, but the positioned pictures in the text. Here's a link:

http://www.flyingacres.com/NeighborlySims/FORUM-SMF/index.php?topic=1848.msg13717#msg13717

Hopefully this is what you are looking for...? :-)

kai920

Yep that link was perfect! Thanks - btw, that was funny story!  :P

Personally I think I prefer having just the attachments positioned inline so the attachments don't display twice. I've figured out how to float the images around the text, but looking for a clever way to "clear" them as well without resorting to pressing "enter" a bunch of times..

lindawing

Glad you got a laugh out of the story. I like trying to "outdo" the game, and I'm always making up stories for my forum members to read. :-)

How do you go about "floating" the images like that? I thought I read that I was SUPPOSED to be able to do that, but didn't get it figured out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

kai920

I edited display.php a bit, with a class="" markup so that I could style it with css.

I also just figured out how to use custom bbcode to add a (clear) tag so I can start my text immediately beneath the floated images if I needed to.

remember I am only using the attachment position mod...

if you ned more detailed instructions let me know, I could refer you to other recent posts of mine which has more specific comments. :)

Advertisement: