News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Welcome Topic

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 07, 2007, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMFHacks.com Team

Link to Mod

Welcome Topic

By vbgamer45

Compatibility
Works with both SMF 2.0.x and SMF 1.1.x

Description
This mod creates a new topic when a user registers on the forum.

If the member requires member activation the topic will be created at that time.

If the member is approved or activated via the admin panel the topic is also created.

Features:
Allows the use of multiple topic texts to be used randomly.
Select which board to post the topic in.
Select which member to post the topic under.

Changelog
2.3b
-show_bbc fix SMF 2.1

2.3a
+Added support for SMF 2.1.x

!Fixed bug with SMF 2.0.x with double welcome topics occurring. You must uninstall the old version first then install the new version.

!SMF 2.0.x Solved the problem of a Welcome Topic being created for members who re-activate their account after they change their email address by checking their last login time (it will only be empty for new members). Requires uninstall of old version and install of new version
Thanks to GL700Wing
!Updated some style for the welcome topic area for SMF 2.0.x

!Fixed but with email activation blank username for SMF 2.0

Support Links
SMF Package Parser
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

robotman321

good mod just what i was looking for, makes my life as an admin easier :)
whats a signature without text, WOOT!

RoarinRow

Quote from: robotman321 on May 07, 2007, 11:50:29 PM
good mod just what i was looking for, makes my life as an admin easier :)

Exactly what I was looking/waiting for too   8)

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Kirsten07734

Very cool!  I installed it (no problems) and set up my welcome templates.  Within just a couple of hours I got a chance to test it with a new member registration.   I rushed to the assigned board, and sure enough, there was a personalized welcome message for my new member.  What a fantastic way to make new members feel welcome.

Thanks so much for this mod!

Foxi

thanks

ı help
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: () in /home/hatira/domains/hatira.net/public_html/Sources/WelcomeTopic.php on line 243

Topic add is problem

$topicsubject = $func['htmlspecialchars']($_REQUEST['topicsubject'], ENT_QUOTES);
$topicbody = $func['htmlspecialchars']($_REQUEST['topicbody'], ENT_QUOTES);

versiyon : rc2

www.hatira.net (Closed)

Tanks

Nice mod.. to bad it wont install on my 1.1 RC3.. i could have used this  :-[

vbgamer45

Quote from: Foxi on May 08, 2007, 02:47:15 AM
thanks

ı help
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: () in /home/hatira/domains/hatira.net/public_html/Sources/WelcomeTopic.php on line 243

Topic add is problem

$topicsubject = $func['htmlspecialchars']($_REQUEST['topicsubject'], ENT_QUOTES);
$topicbody = $func['htmlspecialchars']($_REQUEST['topicbody'], ENT_QUOTES);

versiyon : rc2

Only tested on SMF 1.1.2
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Exochat

Installed on 1.1.2 that has 20+ mods installed and installed perfectly.
Tested signing up as a new member and also worked perfectly.

Brilliant way of making new members feel welcome automatically..... but one thing.....

what is the ADD TOPIC function for after you have set up a topic. Is that for setting up a second post whereby you could inform moderators of new members on a Moderator Board, AS WELL as welcoming new members??

Overall a brilliant little mod and also very good where you can add the USERNAME into the post itself to really tailor it to the new member.

Pecorazza

Installed without problems, but when I add a new topic, i obtain these errors:

http://intranet/index.php?action=welcome;sa=add
8: Undefined offset: 533
File: /var/www/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (addtopic sub template - eval?)
Line: 253

http://intranet/index.php?action=welcome;sa=add
8: Undefined offset: 532
File: /var/www/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (addtopic sub template - eval?)
Line: 252

Obviously the file Post.english.php contains less then 252 lines, and the Mod does not seem to affect the index.template.php file.

By the way, when a new user registers, nothing happens.... :(

RoarinRow

Love the new mod.  I just noticed that when an existing member changed his email address and validated the link, then it generated the welcome topic   :D

Any work around for that? 

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

kelkun

good mod thanx vbgamer95
i sent a pm to you for translation :)

nitsua

hey thanx i needed that!

vbgamer45

Quote from: RoarinRow on May 08, 2007, 12:37:05 PM
Love the new mod.  I just noticed that when an existing member changed his email address and validated the link, then it generated the welcome topic   :D

Any work around for that? 
That would be tricky would need to store that a topic has been generated for that user.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Quote from: Exochat on May 08, 2007, 09:14:08 AM

Brilliant way of making new members feel welcome automatically..... but one thing.....

what is the ADD TOPIC function for after you have set up a topic. Is that for setting up a second post whereby you could inform moderators of new members on a Moderator Board, AS WELL as welcoming new members??

Overall a brilliant little mod and also very good where you can add the USERNAME into the post itself to really tailor it to the new member.
The add topic function allows you to create multiple topics. When a user registers it randomly chooses one of the topic texts to use for their post. Kind of makes it more unique and makes the member feel special if you have multiple topic texts to choose from.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RoarinRow

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 08, 2007, 08:02:46 PM
Quote from: Exochat on May 08, 2007, 09:14:08 AM

The add topic function allows you to create multiple topics. When a user registers it randomly chooses one of the topic texts to use for their post. Kind of makes it more unique and makes the member feel special if you have multiple topic texts to choose from.

Sweet, I think I'll set me second welcome topic now   8)

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Filipina

hello I love this mod idea.  I installed no problems and was directed right away to the area to make the welcome topics.  I have had a few people that i approved and required their activation.  They completed the process but I do not see the topics being generated in the board I chose, or any board.  Could it be because they were registered already while I was making the welcome topics, or is there a setting I am missing?

Thanks for any feedback  :D

p.s. i used {username} for all the topics

p.s  sorry keep forgeting things. i am default theme 1.1.2 and have about 9 MODS installed

Foxi

rc2- rc3 version pls >:(

www.hatira.net (Closed)

yrral

Quote from: Foxi on May 09, 2007, 01:45:38 AM
rc2- rc3 version pls >:(

Why not just update to 1.1.2 instead of mods going backward... just a thought.

Tanks

Because so many of us had so many mods that we never got around to upgrade  :D

Filipina

Hello, this is a follow up tp my previous post. I have approved 50 more people since then put no welcome message is going out. I received no errors on installation and had no problems making the welcome topics. Besides the Welcome Configuration is there others settings which could be causing the topics not to be created? thanks

Advertisement: