News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Welcome Topic

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 07, 2007, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franklinrony

http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

porcelainprincess

I am having the double post problem too other than that, it has worked fine. Is there a fix to the double post problem? Thanks!

Garry1953

Just started using this mod.
Works as expected.

I was wondering if its possible to vary the Welcome message, with a small rotating Welcome message database? So when a New Member signs up, you don't see the same message repeated continually in the forum.

This would give the new member the impression that the admin has taken time to write a personal welcome greeting to them, rather than a robot.

P.S. This mod has increased the activity on my forum.
Thank You

vbgamer45

Yes you can under Welcome Configuration you can add as many messages as you want then it randomly picks a message to show.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Garry1953

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 05, 2007, 08:04:45 AM
Yes you can under Welcome Configuration you can add as many messages as you want then it randomly picks a message to show.

Fantastic...
I wasn't aware it was capable of this.. BUT I do now....Thanks.

keyboard

I, also, am having the double post problem......How do I correct this?   

Of all the mods ( I don't have many ) I use, this has to be my best one......It sure makes the new users feel like they are special...excellent job
Слaва
Украинi

keyboard

Quote from: keyboard on October 07, 2007, 10:50:07 PM
I, also, am having the double post problem......How do I correct this?   

Of all the mods ( I don't have many ) I use, this has to be my best one......It sure makes the new users feel like they are special...excellent job

I uninstalled it and then installed it again...it works !!!!!!!!

I am a happy camper !!!!
Слaва
Украинi

glennk

Not sure if Any of those answers were for me but is there anyway to work a "robots no follow" into these topics. They are pretty useless for search engines to crawl ?

Brenda

I absolutely love this mod!! My members are very pleased and amazed at how fast I post up...lol....my lil secret!

anna.young

I am very impressed with this mod. Thank you vbgamer45.

However I also have duplicate, actually triplicate welcome posts...

More embarrassing problem is the Welcome posts being posted when member simply changes the e.mail address which then gets activated.

I'll try installing and re-installing it as suggested above to try to eliminate triplicate post.

Any way to remove e.mail address change as a trigger?

Anna
Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

TrueSatan

Your triplication suggests that you have multiple installs of this mod in place...you will need to edit your files to remove the unwanted code.

anna.young

I don't think that  I installed it more than once, however modification.english.php file had four instances of

//Begin Welcome Topic Text Strings
$txt['welcome_admin'] = 'Welcome Configuration';
// End Welcome Topic Mod Text Strings

I deleted the duplications leaving only:

<?php
// Version: 1.1; Modifications

//Begin Welcome Topic Text Strings
$txt['welcome_admin'] = 'Welcome Configuration';
// End Welcome Topic Mod Text Strings

?>

Is this what I should've done?

Are there any other files that I should correct, TS?

Anna

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

TrueSatan

Unfortunately, for you, very much so...yes.

You had best go to http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/ and put the mod into that system. It only lets you set SMF versions up to 1.1.3 but don't worry about that in this instance. You should set it to show all edits...it will output a list of all the files this mod alters and what the alterations are...you'll have to check and correct each one in turn.

vbgamer45

It correctly does not store if a user has got a welcome topic or not yet.
That would preven the duplicate topics from showing.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

anna.young

Quote from: TrueSatan on October 17, 2007, 08:55:06 PM
Unfortunately, for you, very much so...yes.

You had best go to http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/ and put the mod into that system. It only lets you set SMF versions up to 1.1.3 but don't worry about that in this instance. You should set it to show all edits...it will output a list of all the files this mod alters and what the alterations are...you'll have to check and correct each one in turn.

It was not hard - every file had multiple inserts, I cleaned it up and I hope that this will do the trick with multiple posts.

I learned something new today and bookmarked that Package parser, thanks for the link TS!

Thanks for the mod  vbgamer45, I think it's great!

Now, what about the issue of a change of e.mail that triggers the Welcome Post?  Can anything be done about that?

Anna

vbgamer45

Would require me to store the member id in a new table whether they have a welcome topic or not.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

anna.young

I think, I understand vbgamer45.  You are saying that without creating another table it is not possible to check user's id against his status as a previously approved/activated member?

In my case, all members get approved.  Perhaps any references to 'activation' could be removed from the mod so only approval action would trigger a Welcome Post.  Unfortunately I have no idea how to translate this into 'php' language.

Anna

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: flint on July 30, 2007, 07:02:27 PM
i was wondering if there should be a link to the mod in the admin panel??/ i cant see one....the mod works great thanks but when installed i got left with this blank space and no link to the mod
please help very new to this thanks

Same problem I am having.
How do I correct this?

Thank you,
AJ

asdas2

i installed this mod ... and its working fine ....

but the thing is ..... when someone got registered to my forum ...  i want that user to view the welcome topic first instead of viewing the home page

in other words

i want to redirect the user automatically to welcome topic instead of Home page

how would i do that ???????????????

Help plzzzzzzzzzzz
www.chillparadise.com

for all desi people .... get everything u ever wanted.... log in to view hidden stuff.

TrueSatan

@ Appliance Junk

Please check your forum language settings:

You need to go to ACP>Server Settings and set your forum language to English and not English utf8 and to ACP>Features and Options>Basic Settings and uncheck Enable user-selectable language support.

Advertisement: