Welcome Topic

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 07, 2007, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ1

:D ok I changed str_ireplace on line 355 to str_replace saved it registered a new account got the same thing went back and it said str_ireplace again. so I went through the file and found 3 places that said that changed it tried again.. and the same thing happen. I have php4 and php5 on my server I'm just using 4 as default. anyway at all to get it to work on 4 --it worked perfectly on 1.1.8 so i will miss it.

thanks for your time.

Bluey

Is it possible to alter the welcome topic to include the members display name rather than the user name.  I have tried a lot of variation in the text and nothing seem to work. What is the code for putting the user name in the welcome post.

vbgamer45

Not possible. Because the user does not set their display name until after they register.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Bluey

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 05, 2009, 09:34:21 AM
Not possible. Because the user does not set their display name until after they register.

It is if you have this mod installed as I do.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1747

Bluey

vbgamer45

Possible but probably not going to do it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bluey

Ahhhh that's a pity. I would have been good to have their display names show. The user name for our members is a predefined code

flamechica

Would there be a way to add a membergroup permission to this mod? I have a person on my staff who typically takes care of this sort of thing (manually) that is not a moderator or an Admin. Is it possible to edit the code to give this person the permission based on their membergroup? I can make the edits myself if you tell me what to edit. Thanks in advance!

TheListener

As an after thought.

As the person who welcomes new members isn't a real person is there still a way of adding an avatar to the name?

vbgamer45

I don't think so because there is no avatar on the registeration page.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

TheListener

Vbgamer

I believe I mis worded the question for which I apologise.

The welcomes are made by a non existent person for which I would like to give an avatar.

Give the ghost a body if you like. ( Is a paranormal theme after all)

Is this not possible?

vbgamer45

Not possible since the username does not exist. You would need to select another account to make the post.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

TheListener

vbgamer45

Well the solution would be to just register a new account and have it post the post and just select an avatar for it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

CesarManara

Language portuguese_brazilian on SMF 2.0 RC1.2.

Modifications.portuguese_brazilian.php
//Begin Welcome Topic Text Strings
$txt['welcome_admin'] = 'Configuração de boas vindas';
// End Welcome Topic Mod Text Strings

WelcomeTopic.portuguese_brazilian.php
$txt['welcome_settings'] = 'Configuração do tópico de boas vindas';
$txt['welcome_options'] = 'Opções';
$txt['welcome_addtopic'] = 'Adicionar Tópico';
$txt['welcome_edittopic'] = 'Editar Tópico';
$txt['welcome_delete'] = 'Deletar';
$txt['welcome_subject'] = 'Assunto do tópico;
$txt['welcome_topicbody'] = 'Conteúdo do Tópico';
$txt['welcome_topicnote'] = '<i>Você pode usar {username} tanto no Assunto do tópico qunto no corpo. Isso será substituído pelo nome do membro.</i>';
$txt['welcome_forum'] = 'Forum';
$txt['welcome_postername'] = 'Nome do Criador do Tópico';
$txt['welcome_memberid'] = 'ID do Criador do Tópico';
$txt['welcome_savesettings'] = 'Salvar configurações';
// Errors
$txt['welcome_err_nosubject'] = 'Você deve colocar um assunto para o tópico.';
$txt['welcome_err_nobody'] = 'Você deve colocar o Conteúdo do Tópico.';

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

edenvalen

Dear vbgamer45,

I got this error when i tried to delete a topic in the welcome configuration panel. My version of SMF is 1.1.10. Are you able to help me, thanks

Error message
Method Not Implemented
GET to /index.php not supported.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.10 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at hxxp:wow.ktyles.com [nonactive] Port 80

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

[A-US]James246

Where can I choose which board makes the new topics?

Advertisement: