Welcome Topic

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 07, 2007, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meehan09

When i try to prase this to manually install this mod its not allowing me and saying

Sorry, but this modification does not appear to be compatible with the selected version.

smf rc2 1.1 ?

hope you can help me ... thanks

Paul

vbgamer45

Why can't you install with the package manager?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

meehan09

My package manager never has seemed to work properly and i normally do it manually by prasing the mod.

I fixed this by downloading the file from smfhacks and it seemed to prase, but when i try to prase on here it doesnt seem to work.

vbgamer45

That sounds like a bug with the site here that I would report it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kimmie

seems that alot of mods wont parse since they put the new theme on here the other day (not sure if that has anything to do with it, just wanted to mention it) . I couldnt get your tagging system mod to parse either.

Diamond Isle

Hi,
    Could someone explain to me with this Mod what i put in the "Poster Name" in the welcome configuration area. I have almost got this working the way i want. I tried putting my name in there but it showed me as a guest instead of the admin. Should this Mod work automatically as and when a new member joins without any intervention from the admin ? This one has me totally baffled.
Any Help Would be Appreciated.   :)

vbgamer45

Mod should work automatically depending if member approval is turned on or not.

If the poster name does not exist it will be marked as a guest otherwise if the memer does it exist it will look like an actual member.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Diamond Isle

ok so what do we have to put in the poster name box, do we leave this blank ?

Diamond Isle

Basically what i want it to do is this - whan a new member registers they will see this message
Please welcome our newest member {Members Name}

but instead all i am getting is
please welcome our newest member
and shows me as creating the posts but as a guest ?

Diamond Isle

Have sorted it & it works perfectly, many thanks  :)

vbgamer45

Glad you got it working? What did you do to fix it?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Diamond Isle

Quiet simply put the correct name in the poster box, And it all worked perfectly after that. Excellent Mod . Well Done   :)

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

linette97

Great Mod and Thanks! Installed & working fine in 2.0 RC1.2..

I have read through every single post here and was looking for a solution with what a lot of users are asking for "How can we automatically direct the new member to see their new welcome post"

vbgamer45 has asked that members add this request to his page.  I've seen that many have since this mod came out 2007.  That's a long time to wait!!  He said it was possible but will not do it.

This mod would be PERFECT if this feature was added
What is the point of having these welcome messages if the new member does not see it right away.

How will they know they got a message??  Just makes sense and make the new members want to post a thank you making the forum more active for us.

I do love this mod & respect the creator's work but why not add this NEEDED feature that so many of us have asked for many times.

Does anyone know a way to make this happen with this mod?? Maybe other members have help to offer.

Thanks All!
Watch Documentaries Online!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why it's called the Present.

vbgamer45

I can do it if need be but would need to be a paid project since it is not on my main priority list at the moment.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

linette97

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 02, 2009, 07:24:14 PM
I can do it if need be but would need to be a paid project since it is not on my main priority list at the moment.

I see "Fudge"!!!  :-[
Oh well Wish I knew about this coding thing.. shouldn't be but a few lines I suppose.. I'll wait until someone can do it for free. Don't think it's worth me paying for it's not that big of a deal... I'll see how the mod works for my site..

But thanks for responding! Still a nice mod!!
Watch Documentaries Online!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why it's called the Present.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Livewire1

Hi thanks for the update.

i was well chuffed when i saw that you had updated this Mod.
I'm sure in the last version there was a help button which showed what code to put in i.e {username} has that been left out deliberatley? only when i hit edit topic i get this error message "Invalid value inserted or no type specified. " I am just off to sign up as another user to test this again but I have just tried to add another topic and used the same code as before {username} when I try to add the topic I get the above error.

Hope this feeback is useful.

Livewire

vbgamer45

Yeah with SMF 2.0 {username} no longer works you have to use [username] instead.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Livewire1

Hi [username] does not work either.

I have tried it and where the users name should appear it remains blank without putting anything there at all....

Edit: Weird but now [username] works not done anything different ,, but Hey as longas it works ! :) great work thanks!!!

Thanks

Livewire

Advertisement: