News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Welcome Topic

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 07, 2007, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 14, 2010, 12:35:06 AM
Might have got installed twice
Nah, I look all the codes in each files, no duplicates found.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

CommanderMadi

You are doing a great job vbgamer45, your mods has no test failures at all, I simply like 'em :)
Relationships counselling and advice blog
http://www.adorology.com

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

FireDitto

I have the same request for this, as I made on the PM to new members...

Would it be possible to implement an option, to either choose to send to only selected member groups, and/or to create separate messages to be sent to new members depending on which member group they are added to upon joining the site?

I'd like to use this on my RPG forum, but I'd like to have selected options, for example:

Player accounts are welcomed, a thread created where they can introduce themselves and meet other people of the forum and just chat and get to know each other. However, I'd like to have the option to disable it for any other member group, as I don't want the forum filling up with threads every time a Persona is created and linked to the main account [Subaccounts mod in use]

Would this be possible? Beyond just mass-deletion of additional threads, which I'd like to avoid having to do, if possible.
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

thellie

ooh, if it's request time, i have one -
i  am setting up a cron job to move members from one group to another based on a date (their initial group is future, then they are moved to current, then when they leave they change a final time to past). would it be feasible to set the welcome topic to activate at the same time, so that as they join a new group they get another activation/notificiation email sending them to the new welcome...?

that would be the bee's knees :)
If you have any support questions, feel free to ask - be safe in the knowledge that I won't help because... I know nothing!

MoreBloodWine

In your pictures / brief description I don't see any mention of it but does this mod allow the ability to use {boardname} ?

So it might look soemthing like this for my site...

Hello <name>, welcome to the EoJ Market Place forums.

EoJ Market Place being my current board / forum name.

If not would it be to much to as if you could please include it ?

Thx...
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

marwan

I'm sorry to know that this mod does not support Arabic. Arabic letters in a new topic appear as "?" marks.  :(.

Any help?

vbgamer45

Convert the db tables to utf8 that might help
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

marwan

Thanks for the reply. Can you please give me the steps to do it?

vbgamer45

You can do in phpmyadmin you have to change the table type to utf8 search on google for a guide

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MoreBloodWine

What about my question regarding the board / forum name ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

vbgamer45

Not adding any more features to this mod at this time.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

marwan

vbgamer45:

Thanks for your quick replies. I appreciate it!

Just to make sure we're on the same line: all other table are perfect in Arabic support. So you mean I should convert this MOD's table?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 21, 2010, 07:21:57 PM
Not adding any more features to this mod at this time.
Good to know and I will also take this as a no that it's not currently part of the mod.

vbgamer45

Yeah generally for the mods that i have they are for the most part feature locked. I find when adding too many features requires additional support time.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MoreBloodWine

I only asked about the boardname because sometimes people might change the name of their forum but forget to update things like this since as it stands the site name if included would need to be "hard coded" in to the message.

Anyway, if you decide at some point to put it in great, if not no big deal I suppose.

marwan

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 21, 2010, 07:16:28 PM

Converted the smf_welcome table to utf-8, it was good on display when I wrote the message in arabic. After saving, again letters show in "?" marks.  :-\

marwan

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 21, 2010, 07:16:28 PM
I'm sorry I did convert the DB to UTF8 and still I get Arabic letters as question marks.

marwan

Hi,

I found out that this mod is not creating posts for new members joining. We did some forum customizations especially on registration. Please let me know which data or codes you need to help you troubleshooting this problem.

Advertisement: