News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Welcome Topic

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 07, 2007, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

If you have a custom registration process then take a look at the manual install instructions for this mod and add the code to your registration process.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

marwan

Can anyone familiar with this mod help me in manual analysis of my files?

Apllicmz

Good
when Update mod dont forget portuguese

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
    <operation error="ignore">
        <search position="after"><![CDATA[
?>]]></search>
        <add><![CDATA[
//Begin Welcome Topic Text Strings smfpt
$txt['welcome_admin'] = 'Bem-vindo Configura&ccedil;&atilde;o';
// End Welcome Topic Mod Text Strings candidosa2
]]></add>
    </operation>
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
    <operation error="ignore">
        <search position="after"><![CDATA[
?>]]></search>
        <add><![CDATA[
//Begin Welcome Topic Text Strings smfpt
$txt['welcome_admin'] = 'Bem-vindo Configura&ccedil;&atilde;o';
// End Welcome Topic Mod Text Strings candidosa2
]]></add>
    </operation>
</file>

Other File in attach

WelcomeTopic.portuguese and WelcomeTopic.portuguese-utf8

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DilSe

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

just2pale

I am actually having an issue of the variables not entering the user names for the user.

It literally says Welcome {username} << not filling in the user name. I even used {$member.name} and still not working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

just2pale

sattninja

Hi can some one help me out i am having a problem with 2 topics being made when someone joins it has to be some code that is doubled somewhere but i have no idea where to check can someone please point me in the right direction

Running Rc4

3mrhythm

just installed this and tested it with a new registration and it worked great! Thanks!

did you ever find a way to make it subscribe or notify the new user to this automatically created topic?
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

3mrhythm

thats too bad.. that would be sooo much better :)  it would instantly give the user email reply notifications and get them connected with the users on the community immediately.

can you put [username] in the  "poster name" in settings? would that work?
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

3mrhythm

lol i just tried that and i made the user name who posted it "[username]" and it posted it as a guest
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

3mrhythm

is there a way for the  poster name function to call for the member with the highest user id number and input that as the poster name.. that way the last person to register would have the highest number id.. therefore could be the user ID of the "poster name".. making the newly registered user the poster :)

does that sound feasible?
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

bwren

This thread is named for SMF 2.0 but it was linked from where I downloaded this mod for 1.1.x so i do apologize if I am in the wrong area.

First, I love the mod and it works wonderfully.  I don't want to sound like I am begging for changes to be made but some assistance and direction would be wonderful from anyone who could provide. 

I am currently seeking a way to have a new registered user automatically setup to receive notifications from their newly created welcome thread.  I have found that my new members don't actively monitor their welcome threads and they go unattended for weeks at a time when they are first becoming accustomed to the lifestyle within a forum.  I have things setup so personal interaction takes place in welcome topics.

Thanks for any assistance that anyone can provide.

DWG

Using 1.1.13 and would like to know how to get this Mod to use the Display Name instead of the User Name.

vbgamer45

Not possible since the user does not enter a display name on registration

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DWG

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 19, 2011, 06:39:26 PM
Not possible since the user does not enter a display name on registration
They do if the site is using Display Name on Registration Mod (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1747) like our site.

3mrhythm

is there a way to make the newly registered user make the post? rather than picking an account?

there has to be a way to do that.. probably a function to pic the last registered user as the poster  like it does to choose the name it uses for the welcome post..  making that happen is beyond me.. but it seems feasible :)  lol is it?
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

Advertisement: