Welcome Topic

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 07, 2007, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Quote from: 3mrhythm on February 21, 2011, 07:20:36 AM
is there a way to make the newly registered user make the post? rather than picking an account?

there has to be a way to do that.. probably a function to pic the last registered user as the poster  like it does to choose the name it uses for the welcome post..  making that happen is beyond me.. but it seems feasible :)  lol is it?
Not possible
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Chas Large

Here's a suggestion for a small improvement to this excellent mod, when it runs could the welcome topic be set to notify the new member for replies?

If not possible then perhaps a new mod to allow Admins to set a notification for a member. We can turn them off but not turn them on.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

reefforum

great great mod.  thank you so much for making it.

since I installed this mod every new member has posted in response to the welcome message. 

vbgamer45

Quote from: Chas Large on March 13, 2011, 06:28:15 PM
Here's a suggestion for a small improvement to this excellent mod, when it runs could the welcome topic be set to notify the new member for replies?

If not possible then perhaps a new mod to allow Admins to set a notification for a member. We can turn them off but not turn them on.
Might be be possible have to check out to set that up.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

reefforum

I think some member might be annoyed by that.

Chas Large

Quote from: reefforum on March 14, 2011, 03:20:24 PM
I think some member might be annoyed by that.
True but they would be able to disable the notification just like any member can.

The reason I suggested it is that we get some new members who join, see the welcome topic and go away, if they were prompted automatically by further welcomes from other members they may be more inclined to post a reply.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Xarcell

This mod did not work for me on 2.0RC5.

A new user registered, and the topic was created, but instead of the members name, it showed {username}. There are no errors in the log, and no problems installing it.

Any ideas what went wrong?

vbgamer45

For SMF 2.0.x you need to use [username]

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Xarcell

72 454

Quote from: RoarinRow on May 08, 2007, 12:37:05 PM
Love the new mod.  I just noticed that when an existing member changed his email address and validated the link, then it generated the welcome topic   :D

Any work around for that? 

Same problem here. Looks kinda silly when members are greeting existing members as new members when they change their email address. Perhaps a method to check the [username] for original registration date less than the email change date to omit the topic post?
SMF 2.0.11

vbgamer45

Added install support for SMF 2.0 final release.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

snooks

Do i re-download this for it to work with 2gold ? the one i have in packages has a error when trying to install ? V2.1 in the one on my site but haven't installed due tpo below message

QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

thank you

vbgamer45

Yes redownload the package for SMF 2.0 final

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

snooks

Ok done that this time only one error, Test failed in Sources/Admin.php should i install even though i have this error ?

thanks

vbgamer45

No I wouldn't do you have other mods installed?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

snooks

All these are working except those in red

Mod Name   Version   
1.   Share This Topic    2.8.2     
2.   Default Avatar    2.0     
3.   Contact Page    3.0     
4.   eBay BBCode    1.2     
5.   RSS Feed Poster    3.0.2a     
6.   SMF Gallery Lite    3.0.4     
7.   YouTube BBCode    2.6     
8.   6 Custom buttons / tabs with Sub Menus (4)    0.5     
9.   Treasury    2.09     
10.   Remove XHTML, RSS & WAP2 Links in Footer    v1.1    
11.   New Manual Look    1.0 
12.   Simple Image Upload    1.3.0     
13.   Ad Managment    3.0.1    
14.   cb|Emailogin    0.52     
15.   Topic Solved    1.1.1     
16.   Welcome Topic Mod    2.1 
17.   Simple Spoiler    1.0.1 
18.   Views and Replies + Table on Recent Posts 1.2.1
19.   KeyCAPTCHA for SMF    2.0
20.   Extended Help    1.0 
21.   Custom_Top_menu    1.4     
22.   Auto Respond    1.0     
23.   RSS Feed Poster 3.0.2a 

vbgamer45

You may need to do a manual install I would install then make the change that file manually if possible.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

snooks

The only fails i have when trying to install is Sources/Admin.php
This is what i have added to admin.php could someone tell me if its correct please i tried the Add before code as instructed but still not working same error as posted above

Quote'feedsadmin' => array(
                  'label' => $txt['smfrssposter_admin'],
                  'file' => 'FeedPoster2.php',
                  'function' => 'FeedsMain',
                  'custom_url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=feedsadmin;sesc=' . $sc,
                  'icon' => 'server.gif',
               'subsections' => array(),
         ),

'welcome' => array(
                      'label' => $txt['welcome_admin'],
                  'file' => 'WelcomeTopic2.php',
                  'function' => 'WelcomeTopic',
                  'custom_url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=welcome;sesc=' . $sc,
                  'icon' => 'server.gif',
                  'subsections' => array(
                  'welcome' => array($txt['welcome_admin']),
         ),
            ),

'current_theme' => array(
               'label' => $txt['theme_current_settings'],
               'file' => 'Themes.php',
               'function' => 'ThemesMain',
               'custom_url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=theme;sa=settings;th=' . $settings['theme_id'],
               'icon' => 'current_theme.gif',
            ),
            'theme' => array(
               'label' => $txt['theme_admin'],
               'file' => 'Themes.php',
               'function' => 'ThemesMain',
               'custom_url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=theme;sa=admin',
               'icon' => 'themes.gif',
               'subsections' => array(
                  'admin' => array($txt['themeadmin_admin_title']),
                  'list' => array($txt['themeadmin_list_title']),
                  'reset' => array($txt['themeadmin_reset_title']),
                  'edit' => array($txt['themeadmin_edit_title']),
               ),

Any more advice please

vbgamer45

That looks correct it should still fail on install but if you add it manually it should function ok.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

snooks

Sorry i don't understand what you mean, i thought that's what i did i manually added the code to the Admin.php uploaded it via ftp and tried to install again and it failed the test.
Have i done wrong ? what do i have to do more to install this manually please

Thanks and sorry i don't understand too good here

Advertisement: