News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Welcome Topic

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 07, 2007, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

If you made that change manually its ok to fail with package manager.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

snooks

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 13, 2011, 12:12:43 PM
If you made that change manually its ok to fail with package manager.

Perfect thank you for your help vbgamer45

Powerbob

Just one question, why does it fail (even on a vanilla install)? Surely it needs updating yes?

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

vbgamer45

I am not getting any install failures on my SMF 2.0 test site.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Chas Large

Installed on my 2.0 test site too and have other mods installed as well.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Klamaker

Would it be possible to have the welcome topic post not only include the username but actually include custom profile fields in this mod? I'm assuming some manual additions would have to be made depending on the name of the custom field in your sql database, but still.

Thanks

lacin64

The mod installed ok on our 2.0 but is giving {username} as the members user name instead of adding there name text in the brackets. Any idea why this happens?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Martingonnella

I like this post, also the idea feature of notification to the client who registered sounds good too saying "Welcome client, you have a new post created for you", etc? Imagine a big version update!

Also the below sounds good too

Quote from: linette97 on November 02, 2009, 01:25:36 AM
Great Mod and Thanks! Installed & working fine in 2.0 RC1.2..

I have read through every single post here and was looking for a solution with what a lot of users are asking for "How can we automatically direct the new member to see their new welcome post"

vbgamer45 has asked that members add this request to his page.  I've seen that many have since this mod came out 2007.  That's a long time to wait!!  He said it was possible but will not do it.

This mod would be PERFECT if this feature was added
What is the point of having these welcome messages if the new member does not see it right away.

How will they know they got a message??  Just makes sense and make the new members want to post a thank you making the forum more active for us.

I do love this mod & respect the creator's work but why not add this NEEDED feature that so many of us have asked for many times.

Does anyone know a way to make this happen with this mod?? Maybe other members have help to offer.

Thanks All!

geff_chang

For the [username], is it possible to include the member link?
(Or maybe create a different code for this?)

I'm looking for something like:

Welcome to simplemachines.org, vbgamer45.

eric1234

Quote from: geff_chang on August 05, 2011, 07:55:34 PM
For the [username], is it possible to include the member link?
(Or maybe create a different code for this?)

I'm looking for something like:

Welcome to simplemachines.org, vbgamer45.
Same here.. !! ^^ Somebody help please >.<

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

geff_chang

vbgamer45

I don't have thing built for that but could be done.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

geff_chang

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 16, 2011, 08:48:12 PM
I don't have thing built for that but could be done.

We look forward to it then. Thanks! ;D

snadge

i get error on test install on 2.0.1

Quote4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test failed
      1.    Add Before    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test failed

vbgamer45

Another mod is conflicting with the code change you will need to make the change manually.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

snadge

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 26, 2011, 06:53:50 PM
Another mod is conflicting with the code change you will need to make the change manually.

thanks for the reply vbgamer.. I will just leave it, its no biggy, just would have been nice to have.. do you think its prettyurls? i had to disable that to install Stop-Forum-Spam and again to install akismet, i will try it

vbgamer45

Shouldn't be that mod since the mods I made should install all together.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

snadge

Yeah i tried it and still failed...

just want to say thanks for the mods you make, you seem to make the best ones from what ive seen :)

cheers

Advertisement: