Welcome Topic

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 07, 2007, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaoticone

Awesome! Thanks!

Anyone know the best way to have the new members first login open to the welcome topic it created or to a different one? Would be nice if it opened the welcome topic created for that specific user or possibly a "Read this first" topic or similar. I haven't studied the code yet but if you know right off the file and area to look at that would be a  huge help. I also wonder if it will be pretty straight forward or tougher than one may think. If the topic is created on first login maybe you can't know where to open because it doesn't exist yet. I don't mind hand coding it so config. dialogs and options aren't necessary but I bet others would love them. Maybe there is another or a paid version that already offers this though? 

just2pale

I've installed Welcome Topic 2.3 with no errors, but I can not get new topics to be created. I've registered test members through the admin panel and manually added new members through the site. I still do not get a welcome topic for new users. Any ideas?

vbgamer45

Check that the files were modified.
Upload package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

just2pale

Thank you for the link. I have checked the files and see nothing missing when it installed. The appropriate files are changed, but still the error exists of not actually creating new topics.

wedealantiques

I'm getting the same thing...I installed the mod and verified all files had been updated with the code, but when new members register, no topic is created. Using 2.0.12

pocttopus

Same issue here. The mod was working very well but these couple of days there is no new welcome topics for new registered members.  :-[
Any idea how to solve this issue?  ???

smf version: 2.0.12
welcome topic mod version: 2.3

Thanks!

GL700Wing

My forum has been upgraded to SMF 2.0.12 and I can confirm that Welcome Topic v2.3 is working as expected (and in conjunction with more than 120 other mods!).
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Chaoticone

Quote from: GL700Wing on November 07, 2016, 07:05:01 PM
My forum has been upgraded to SMF 2.0.12 and I can confirm that Welcome Topic v2.3 is working as expected (and in conjunction with more than 120 other mods!).

Same here.............. just not as many mods. Working as expected.

pocttopus

Quote from: pocttopus on November 07, 2016, 12:49:22 PM
Same issue here. The mod was working very well but these couple of days there is no new welcome topics for new registered members.  :-[
Any idea how to solve this issue?  ???

smf version: 2.0.12
welcome topic mod version: 2.3

Thanks!
Still no help?
Please, someone...  :(

Harvester

Not sure why but this Mod has just stopped working. I have not updated anything or add any new mods since I installed it..

The only thing I did was change registration from having to "Email Activation" to "immediate registration." 

When I turn back on "Email Activation" this mod will start working again but with "immediate registration" and this mod no longer works.

pocttopus

^ Hello @Harvester,

I did not figure out that there is some difference for the mod if there is an option of "email activation" or "immediate activation".
I will change these settings and I will see if there is a difference at my forum.

Thanks for sharing the information. ;)

Harvester

Quote from: pocttopus on May 16, 2017, 09:17:31 AM
^ Hello @Harvester,

I did not figure out that there is some difference for the mod if there is an option of "email activation" or "immediate activation".
I will change these settings and I will see if there is a difference at my forum.

Thanks for sharing the information. ;)

awesome! Thank you. :)

You're welcome :)

MadMick

Running SMF 2.0.13 with Welcome Topic Mod 2.2, just wondering why it would post the welcome notice twice?
Regards,

Mick.

AHN Moderators - Can explain it to you, but they can't understand it for you"

vbgamer45

Did install twice or install with an error.

How did the user signup. Were they manually activated/approved?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MadMick

It posts the welcome message twice for all new users, I just read that in version 2.3 of this mod, that has been fixed, but now when I try to uninstall this mod version 2.2, I get an error saying not to do the uninstall as it will likely fail?

Would anyone be willing to have a look and help me out.

I have recently upgraded from 1.0.20 to 2.0.13 and had to do the fresh install three times due to failures and its getting a bit annoying. It also wont allow me to upgrade to 2.0.14 as that wants to fail too and brings up a white black window at the very next move :/.
Regards,

Mick.

vbgamer45

I can remove the code from those files so can install the new version.

Attach your Sources/Register.php
Sources/ManageMembers.php
Sources/Profile-Actions.php
Sources/Admin.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MadMick

Thanks VBGamer45, much appreciated

Hope they are ok in a zip file?

Regards,

Mick.

MadMick

Here is a list of other mods installed in case that makes a difference

1.    SMF Gallery Lite    6.0    
2.    Age to DOB     1.1    
3.    Birthday Posts    0.13 Beta    
4.    SMF Links    3.0.6    
5.    Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag    4.1    
6.    Ultimate Menu    1.0    
7.    Copyright and Footer Links    3.2    
8.    Ad Managment    3.2
9.    Welcome Topic Mod    2.2        
10.    Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin    4.4.1    
11.    TinyPortal    1.2    

12.    JDALIP - Join Date And Location In Posbit    1.3.2    
Regards,

Mick.

vbgamer45

Updated files attached.
You can install the new welcome topic on top of the old one. I removed the old edits from the key files.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: