MySpace Profile Mod

Started by SMdot™, May 10, 2007, 05:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perplexed

this looks very nice.

How will it interact with other mods like the buddylist mod, the blog mod, the custom profile fields, profile comments etc?  I have all those installed already so will there be some overlap or conflict or will they all play nice together?

Profile picture would be good if you could restrict the height and width and also the file size in kb

People don't use the profiles enough (probably because they are a little boring) except to change their avatars/banners. :(

mothchick

I would be very interested in this mod. I have a few custom profile fields so I'd be concerned that it doesn't have any issues with that, otherwise it sounds awesome!

skeletonkiss

JovanT

Hi! I am very interested in this mod and think that many other admins will be when it gets finished. This type of mod could easily bring more users to your site.

Here is a list of my wishes:

1. At least two additional text fields (e.g.: About me and Interests)
2. User pictures (but limited; e.g.: five images per user, max resolution 800x600)
3. Buddy list (which will also display buddies' avatars, similar to MySpace)
4. Profile comments (with user avatars too, like above)
5. Customization. For example, user will have only one text field in which he will be able to input appropriate CSS customization code. Other users will be able to change whether they want to see customized or plain profiles.

As for the music and videos, I think that there is no need for enabling users to upload their own content to site because there are a lot of sites providing that feature using flash players. Mod should only allow using [flash] BBC for embedding various media available on the net. Also, use of HTML and JavaScript should be forbidden.

bayGaReZ

ian1

Any updates on this mod?  Hows the progress coming?

Neol

SMDot, are you still working on this Mod? I saw that you have now an IPB forum.

Joshsux

Bloody hell i hate coders LOL, get our hopes up and never even finishes it PFFFFFTTT :D Just kidding, unless you really are ignoring us on purpose.
If you can't hear it before you see it, then it ain't a harley

trenchteam

I think you can download a beta at

http://www.johncarpenterforum.com/snake/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item18

Im looking forward to implementing this to my site as well. My users will eat this up!

vern111

free math help [nofollow]| Hubalub private tutoring [nofollow]|Math Games [nofollow]

SMdot™

Quote from: JovanT on June 27, 2007, 08:46:04 AM
Hi! I am very interested in this mod and think that many other admins will be when it gets finished. This type of mod could easily bring more users to your site.

Here is a list of my wishes:

1. At least two additional text fields (e.g.: About me and Interests)
2. User pictures (but limited; e.g.: five images per user, max resolution 800x600)
3. Buddy list (which will also display buddies' avatars, similar to MySpace)
4. Profile comments (with user avatars too, like above)
5. Customization. For example, user will have only one text field in which he will be able to input appropriate CSS customization code. Other users will be able to change whether they want to see customized or plain profiles.

As for the music and videos, I think that there is no need for enabling users to upload their own content to site because there are a lot of sites providing that feature using flash players. Mod should only allow using [flash] BBC for embedding various media available on the net. Also, use of HTML and JavaScript should be forbidden.

Thanks for the input and as far as music/videos (and or any multimedia types) are concerned we have/had already decided that this could pose a security problem.

Quote from: bayGaReZ on June 27, 2007, 02:34:55 PM

this looks very nice :)

Another developer was working on that?

Quote from: Zeri YT! on July 02, 2007, 06:34:19 PM
SMDot, are you still working on this Mod? I saw that you have now an IPB forum.

We're running IPB on SG but SM is still SMF.

Quote from: Joshsux on July 08, 2007, 02:45:09 AM
Bloody hell i hate coders LOL, get our hopes up and never even finishes it PFFFFFTTT :D Just kidding, unless you really are ignoring us on purpose.

If anyones interested in helping with the development or beta testing this mod please email me (shomazta / gmail). Also we had postponed work on this mod temporarily due to the supposed claims of SMF 1.1.3 offering what this module is capable of offering.

Vinspire

look extremely awesome !!!! is it available for download ?

ian1

trenchteam listed the beta link above.

Nice Job!  Looks real good.  Any idea when the full release will be?

forumsbg.net

Where i can download this kind of mod for SMF 1.1.3 ?
Please pm me a link it will be in great help

JovanT

I've just finished my version of this mod but, it looks like someone did this before me :).

Here is an example of my mod: http://www.gradnis.net/forum/profiles/JovanT-u1.html. It is in Serbian language.

ian1

Its nice to see this mod really taking off! 

So how many people do we have working on this mod?

Any final releases?

ian1

Jovan - where can I download it?

AdviseorAnswers.com

Did the myspace mod ever get finished? If so does it work with 1.1.3? And if it does, where can it be downloaded from?
Social Networking

AdviseorAnswers.com

I just downloaded the 0.4 version from the listed link and when I attempted to install, I received two failed errors.
QuoteType     Action     Description
1.    Extract Tree    ./ProfilePics    
2.    Extract Tree    ./Sources    
3.    Extract Tree    ./Themes    
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/style.css    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Profile.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Profile.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test failed
10.    Execute Code    profilev2_install.php
I am going through with the installation and modifying the two files manually. Will post if this works on a default SMF 1.1.3 w/ TP .9.8.3
Social Networking

Advertisement: