SBB's Disemvoweler

Started by live627, May 12, 2007, 07:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

Link to Mod

The one thing that SMF has been lacking - a disemvoweler.

This mod allows an admin to restrict the display of any vowels in a victim's posts.

The admin disemvowels a victim by placing that victim into a specific Primary Group.  Placing the victim into another Primary group will cause the vowels to be displayed again. View the README for specifics.

Essential tool for Troll management, and also  for general user torture.

Written for 1.1.2, but (in theory) should install / uninstall on almost any recent version.

Caveats:

- Intended to only work on posts viewed via the main board display. Does not touch posts that are displayed via RSS, post preview, "Quote From", etc.

- May break some BBCode in victim's posts, if vowels are involved.

Daniel15

Wow, awesome mod :D

QuoteMay break some BBCode in victim's posts, if vowels are involved.
I think that can be fixed by changing the regular expression, but I'm not sure of exactly how to change it...
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Smurfbutcher Bob

Yeah, I played with it, but the lookarounds get real messy. And quite frankly, it's for trolls, so... no images, italics, or urls for you! :)

Thanks for trying it out!

acewashere

Any chance of this being updated for smf 2.0 ? Love this mod. Hilarious way to put offenders on vacation.

anidea

Quote from: acewashere on October 30, 2009, 03:56:49 AM
Any chance of this being updated for smf 2.0 ? Love this mod. Hilarious way to put offenders on vacation.
+1.  Is there a disemvowel - er for SMF2.0?

Advertisement: