News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Sitemap

Started by SlammedDime, May 12, 2007, 05:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBry0

Hi!
I've installed the mod and everythings works fine. Only 1 simple question. My board was a phpbb3 board. the sitemap.xml generator used there gives me a 5 mb xml file with about 25000 links (the total number of posts).
the sitemap.xml generator used here gives me a 415 kb file with 1981 links.
is there something i should do?

Dblog

check those links
each new message in a topic can be a link(which is useless for search engine)

MBry0

Quote from: Cblog on October 16, 2011, 03:04:00 PM
each new message in a topic can be a link(which is useless for search engine)
It depends on the discussion. There are discussions in wich every post have useful informations.

Anyway, you're right. the sitemap generator is taking only the thread links.

frytec

this mod works on smf 2.0.1?
when i try to install i get this error "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

Dblog

the mod is very outdated and not updates since almost an yr

Suki

it does work on 2.0.1

the mod is only outdated on the forum version it supports,  sinces there aren't that much changes between RC4 and 2.0.1, at least non of the changes interfere with this mod, you can install this mod with no issues on your 2.0.1 installation, you just need to emulate versions.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_install_a_mod_that_doesn't_work_in_my_SMF_version
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

hartiberlin

What about SlimmedDime !?
Why does he not update this MOD finally !?

Why are some MOD producers so lame ?

I guess after 11 months of no updates these MOD sources must be given to
other more caring programmers, so they can continue the work on it.

This should be a rule on the simplemachines.org forum, so that MOD
developpers are forced to keep their MODs updated...
and the sources must be published or they should be forced to quit,
if they don´t update their MODs for the newest SMF version at least after 1 month !

Otherwise it makes no sense...

Regards, Stefan.

Suki

Quote from: hartiberlin on November 10, 2011, 11:34:42 PM
What about SlimmedDime !?
Why does he not update this MOD finally !?

Why are some MOD producers so lame ?

I guess after 11 months of no updates these MOD sources must be given to
other more caring programmers, so they can continue the work on it.

This should be a rule on the simplemachines.org forum, so that MOD
developpers are forced to keep their MODs updated...
and the sources must be published or they should be forced to quit,
if they don´t update their MODs for the newest SMF version at least after 1 month !

Otherwise it makes no sense...

Regards, Stefan.

Are you serious?

really?
really????

SlammedDime is lame because he's not here at your service?

Do you actually want to force someone to do free stuff to you?

dear lord...

3 points:

1.- This mod is fully compatible with SMF 2.0.1, as I have been saying it in this topic, you only need to use the emulate feature and that's it.

2.- This mod was released under a permissive license, read the mod's page description: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=755

QuoteThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License (applies to all versions past and present).

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

Which means you can legally update this mod and release the result following the the conditions set by the original mod author.

With that being said, no one is stopping you from updating this mod, so please, save the whining for your self.

3.- The world does not spin around you.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Deaks

no thats wrong, if you read the license correctly you will see that you cannot legally update the mod and release it:

Quote from: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

feline

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on November 11, 2011, 08:52:50 AM
Are you serious?
Well ...
Last Modified:    22 November 2010, 20:45:00
Latest Version:    2.2.1
Compatible With:    1.1.12, 2.0 RC4

Last update 1 year ago .. RC4 .. Hmmm....

Suki

Whatever...  whining is whining...

Deaks

im sorry but you cannot sit there and advise people to release an updated mod when the license forbids it, thats wrong.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

feline

Quote from: Runic on November 12, 2011, 11:45:43 AM
no thats wrong, if you read the license correctly you will see that you cannot legally update the mod and release it:

Quote from: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
exact that is the point ... otherwise we would have made a Fork.

Suki

OK, I was under the wrong impression about the license of this mod, my bad, however, my other point still stands.

You cannot just force someone to keep building free things for you...  and the other one, I know the mod states its suitable for RC4, however, it can be used in any 2.0.x SMF installation with no issues at all, a mod author can't prevent  the user's laziness...  no matter how active the mod author is...

hartiberlin

Well, then why doesn´t he say, that he has got no more time to update it and
give it to a different programmer like Feline, so she could develop it further...?

Why is it so complicated to admit, that he
will not update it any further ?

Bugo

Why is it so complicated to read this:
Quote from: Miss All Sunday on October 30, 2011, 06:47:25 PM
it does work on 2.0.1

the mod is only outdated on the forum version it supports,  sinces there aren't that much changes between RC4 and 2.0.1, at least non of the changes interfere with this mod, you can install this mod with no issues on your 2.0.1 installation, you just need to emulate versions.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_install_a_mod_that_doesn't_work_in_my_SMF_version

hartiberlin

Yes, it works, but it is a pain and you need to patch it also in another instance to get it to work
with PortaMX
See here:
http://portamx.com/2715/sitemap-slow-if-sef-enabled/

and if SlimmedDime does not want to develop it further, he should say so.

I donated 20 US$ to get a good version, but if programmers don´t update it
after 11 months, they should resign and give the source code to other programmers,
who want to develop it further and Feline from PortaMX wanted to enhance it, but he refused it...  >:(

P.S. for me it also works now only with 5000 threads and not with 20.000 threads as the default was...
at 20.000 threads the sitemap.xml file is not anymore generated....

SereneSeaForum

So let me clarify something:

it says that the sitemap is compatible with 2.0 RC4. So in the advanced area of the package, i just type in 2.0 RC4 then apply then it will be installed?  I am using smf 2.0.1.

Thanks
SereneSeaForum Love Intellect Wisdom Education for Happiness Peace Wealth via Show Reviews

Suki

the emulation feature only tells your forum to "accept" a mod for RC4, you still need to install the mod with the packager manager as any other mod, then revert the emulation back to 2.0.1

SereneSeaForum

can u please elaborate on this process...? It is a little bit confusing...
thanks
SereneSeaForum Love Intellect Wisdom Education for Happiness Peace Wealth via Show Reviews

Advertisement: